|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
2. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
3. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
4. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Dry mill.
(b) Dry dock.
(c) Wet substrate.
(d) Wet mill.
5. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
(a) General Mills.
(b) Birds Eye.
(c) Ralston Purina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
2. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
3. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
4. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
5. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)