|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
(b) Birds Eye.
(c) General Mills.
(d) Ralston Purina.
2. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
3. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
4. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
5. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
2. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
3. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)