|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) Corn oil.
(b) High fructose corn syrup.
(c) Artificial sweeteners.
2. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
3. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
2. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
3. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
4. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
5. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)