|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
2. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
3. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
4. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
5. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(b) Bottled water.
(c) Egg sandwiches.
(d) Processed foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
2. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
5. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)