|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
(a) Ed Burrow.
(b) Earl Butz.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
2. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
(b) Food supplies.
(c) Oil wells.
3. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(a) Baking soda.
4. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
(d) Organic blends.
5. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
2. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
3. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
4. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
5. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)