|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
3. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
4. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
5. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(a) Processed foods.
(b) Bottled water.
(c) Egg sandwiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
2. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
3. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
4. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
5. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)