|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
2. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(c) Government help.
3. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
(c) Organic blends.
4. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
5. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
(b) Oil wells.
(c) Food supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
2. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
3. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)