|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
2. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
3. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
4. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
5. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
2. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
3. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
4. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
5. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)