|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(a) Movie theater.
2. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(c) Government help.
3. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
(c) Organic blends.
4. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(a) Burger King.
(c) Taco Bell.
5. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
2. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
3. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
4. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
5. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)