|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(a) Burger King.
(c) Taco Bell.
2. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
3. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet mill.
(b) Dry mill.
(c) Dry dock.
(d) Wet substrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
3. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)