|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
2. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
3. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(a) Processed foods.
(b) Egg sandwiches.
(c) Bottled water.
4. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
5. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
2. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
3. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
4. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
5. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)