|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(b) Burger King.
(d) Taco Bell.
2. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
3. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
4. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Dry mill.
(b) Wet substrate.
(c) Wet mill.
(d) Dry dock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
2. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
3. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
4. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
5. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)