|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The dairy market.
(b) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(c) The industrial chain.
(d) The organic chain.
2. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
3. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(a) Egg sandwiches.
(c) Processed foods.
(d) Bottled water.
4. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
5. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
2. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
3. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
4. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
5. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)