|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(b) No one.
(c) Native Americans.
(d) Dutch royalty.
2. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
3. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
4. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
5. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
2. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
3. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
4. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)