|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(a) Movie theater.
2. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
3. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(c) Government help.
4. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
3. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
4. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
5. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)