|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(d) Government help.
2. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(c) Throw away.
3. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
4. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet mill.
(b) Dry mill.
(c) Dry dock.
(d) Wet substrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
3. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
4. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
5. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)