|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
2. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) High fructose corn syrup.
(c) Corn oil.
(d) Artificial sweeteners.
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
5. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
2. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
3. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
4. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
5. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)