|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Change the names of.
(b) Add contests to.
(c) Add nutrients.
2. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
3. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(d) High quality.
4. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Dry dock.
(b) Wet mill.
(c) Wet substrate.
(d) Dry mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
2. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
3. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
4. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)