|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(d) Throw away.
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
4. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
(a) Corn starch.
(b) Corn mallow.
(c) Corn meal.
(d) Corn husks.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet substrate.
(b) Wet mill.
(c) Dry mill.
(d) Dry dock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
2. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
3. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
4. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
5. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)