|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Change the names of.
(b) Add nutrients.
(c) Add contests to.
2. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
3. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(c) Government help.
4. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
5. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
2. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
3. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
4. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
5. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)