|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) Corn oil.
(b) High fructose corn syrup.
(d) Artificial sweeteners.
2. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
3. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(a) Bottled water.
(b) Egg sandwiches.
(c) Processed foods.
4. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
5. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
2. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
3. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
4. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
5. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)