|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
2. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
3. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
4. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
(a) Corn husks.
(b) Corn mallow.
(c) Corn starch.
(d) Corn meal.
5. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Add contests to.
(c) Add nutrients.
(d) Change the names of.
Short Answer Questions
1. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
2. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
5. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)