|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
(a) Bigger breasts.
(b) Smaller size.
(c) Higher price.
(d) Lower quality.
2. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Ed Burrow.
(c) Earl Butz.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
3. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
4. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(a) Taco Bell.
(b) Burger King.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Dry mill.
(b) Dry dock.
(c) Wet substrate.
(d) Wet mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
2. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
3. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
4. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
5. The local food movement doesn't have to combat ___________; it simply offers an alternative, according to Pollan.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)