|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ways can a person obtain the foods from Salatin's farm?
2. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
3. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
4. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
5. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
(c) Wood chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
2. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
3. Pollan argues that ______ should be the basis for a new revolution, since it is what sustains and helps define culture.
4. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
5. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)