|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
2. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
3. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
4. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(d) Baking soda.
5. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan argues that ______ should be the basis for a new revolution, since it is what sustains and helps define culture.
2. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
3. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
4. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
5. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)