|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(b) Add nutrients.
(c) Change the names of.
(d) Add contests to.
2. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
(a) Organic yogurt.
3. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
4. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
2. Salatin uses the animals to create a _________ system that also bolsters efficiency on the farm.
3. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
4. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
5. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)