|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
(a) Corn husks.
(b) Corn mallow.
(c) Corn starch.
(d) Corn meal.
2. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
(a) Young mothers.
(b) Young fathers.
(c) Young brothers.
3. Store purchased foods, according to Salatin, do not take into consideration environmental and health ________.
4. Pollan thinks that if stores had to include __________ of how an item was produced, people would change their eating habits.
5. Pollan and the guests at the dinner achieve the pleasures of the ________, a camaraderie during the meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
2. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
3. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
4. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
5. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)