|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
2. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
3. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
4. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
5. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
3. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
4. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
5. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)