|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
(b) Feed lots.
(c) Big box stores.
(d) Neighboring farmers.
2. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
(b) Hard work.
3. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
4. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
5. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
Short Answer Questions
1. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
2. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
3. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
4. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
5. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)