|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
2. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(a) Baking soda.
3. Salatin points out that being ________ doesn't necessarily mean that a farm is also going to be sustainable.
4. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
(a) Earl Butz.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) Ed Burrow.
(d) Gerald Ford.
5. Gene Kahn is the founder of ______ Farm, which is a giant organic company that uses industrial methods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan and the guests at the dinner achieve the pleasures of the ________, a camaraderie during the meal.
2. What does Bev deal in that is causing him a lot of financial problems?
3. The local food movement doesn't have to combat ___________; it simply offers an alternative, according to Pollan.
4. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
5. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)