|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The alliance between chefs and small farmers is what helps _____________ flourish.
(b) Grocery stores.
(c) Cooking schools.
(d) Local economies.
2. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
3. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
(a) More expensive.
(b) More intensive.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(b) Change the names of.
(c) Add contests to.
(d) Add nutrients.
Short Answer Questions
1. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
2. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
3. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
4. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
5. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)