|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
(b) All inclusive.
(c) All free.
2. Store purchased foods, according to Salatin, do not take into consideration environmental and health ________.
3. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
4. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
5. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
(a) Health benefits.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
2. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
3. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
4. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
5. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)