|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
2. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
(a) Young fathers.
(b) Young brothers.
(c) Young mothers.
3. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
(a) Hard work.
4. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
(a) Roller Park.
(b) Berkeley Park.
(c) People's Park.
(d) Garden Park.
5. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
2. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
3. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
4. The alliance between chefs and small farmers is what helps _____________ flourish.
5. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)