|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
(b) Wood chips.
2. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
3. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
(d) Hard work.
4. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
(d) Nursing homes.
5. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
Short Answer Questions
1. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
2. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
3. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
4. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
5. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)