|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
2. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
3. Who has helped Bev out by giving him a lot of produce to get by?
(b) No one.
4. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(d) Breakfast cereal.
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
2. Pollan argues that ______ should be the basis for a new revolution, since it is what sustains and helps define culture.
3. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
4. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
5. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)