|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salatin uses the animals to create a _________ system that also bolsters efficiency on the farm.
2. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
3. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(b) Add nutrients.
(c) Change the names of.
(d) Add contests to.
4. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
5. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
(a) Add fertilizer.
(b) Milk a cow.
(c) Weed the land.
(d) Make hay.
Short Answer Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
3. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
4. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
5. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)