|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
2. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
(b) Ralston Purina.
(c) General Mills.
(d) Birds Eye.
3. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(c) New Deal.
4. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
5. Gene Kahn is the founder of ______ Farm, which is a giant organic company that uses industrial methods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
2. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
3. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
4. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
5. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)