|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
(a) Weed the land.
(b) Add fertilizer.
(c) Milk a cow.
(d) Make hay.
2. Who has helped Bev out by giving him a lot of produce to get by?
(a) No one.
3. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
4. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
5. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
Short Answer Questions
1. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
2. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
3. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
4. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
5. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)