|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
2. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
3. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
4. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
5. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
(b) Organic yogurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
2. Depending on how the animals were ________, different foods can contain different amounts of omega fatty acids.
3. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
4. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
5. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)