|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
(a) Weed the land.
(b) Milk a cow.
(c) Add fertilizer.
(d) Make hay.
2. How many ways can a person obtain the foods from Salatin's farm?
3. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
4. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
(a) Young fathers.
(b) Young brothers.
(c) Young mothers.
5. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
(a) More intensive.
(c) More expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
2. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
3. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
4. What is the book that is considered to be the organic grower's bible?
5. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)