|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(b) Taco Bell.
(c) Burger King.
3. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
4. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
(a) Richard's Organic Foods.
(b) Whole Foods.
(c) Trader Joe's.
5. What does Bev deal in that is causing him a lot of financial problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
2. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
3. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
4. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
5. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)