One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
2. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
3. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
4. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
(a) Corn meal.
(b) Corn starch.
(c) Corn mallow.
(d) Corn husks.
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
2. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
3. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
4. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
5. __________ involves higher emotions of dread, shame, and fear, according to Pollan.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)