|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "The Fire This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures?
(a) The 4th Amendment.
(b) The 16th Amendment.
(c) The 3rd Amendment.
(d) The 2nd Amendment.
2. Who wrote The Audacity of Hope?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) W. E. B. Du Bois.
(c) Barack Obama.
(d) George W. Bush.
3. When did Congress, at the behest of Ronald Reagan, revise the program that provides federal aid to law enforcement, renaming it the Edward Byrne Memorial State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance Program?
4. In what year was the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act passed that differentiated marijuana from other narcotics?
5. When was the first year that a black person ever sat on a jury in the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sociologist is cited in Chapter 1: "The Rebirth of Caste" as stating that each reincarnation of racial caste "is less total, less capable of encompassing and controlling the entire race"?
2. In June of 2001, how many more black men were in the Illinois state prison system than were enrolled in the state's public universities?
3. In what notable case did the Court establish the doctrine of "separate but equal"?
4. Where is the All of Us or None organization based?
5. When was Brown v. Board of Education decided?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)