|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: "The Lockdown".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time she worked at the ACLU, Michelle Alexander's focus shifted from employment discrimination to what focus?
(a) Education reform.
(b) Criminal justice reform.
(c) Affirmative action.
(d) Tax reform.
2. Where did crack cocaine first emerge in poor black neighborhoods in the United States before spreading elsewhere?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
3. When does the author describe the raid at Stratford High School in Goose Creek, South Carolina as having taken place in Chapter 2: "The Lockdown"?
(a) August, 2005.
(b) July, 1993.
(c) March, 1999.
(d) November, 2003.
4. The author states in Chapter 1: "The Rebirth of Caste," "Any candid observer of American racial history must acknowledge that racism is highly" what?
5. What was Terrance Bostick found to be carrying on a Greyhound Bus in the case of Florida v. Bostick?
(a) A pound of marijuana.
(b) A pound of cocaine.
(c) A pound of quaaludes.
(d) A pound of heroin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three major racialized systems of control adopted by the United States toward African Americans, according to the author in the Introduction?
2. How many SWAT team deployments were sent out for paramilitary drug raids in 2001?
3. When was the home of Scott Bryant raided by police in Dodge City, Wisconsin?
4. What term is used in the book to describe "a traffic stop motivated not by any desire to enforce traffic laws, but instead motivated by a desire to hunt for drugs in the absence of any evidence of illegal drug activity"?
5. What word used in the Introduction refers to the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)