|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "The New Jim Crow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the CIA admit that guerilla armies it actively supported in Nicaragua were smuggling crack cocaine into the United States?
2. Approximately how many people have been arrested for drug offenses since the drug war began, according to the author in Chapter 2: "The Lockdown"?
(a) About 20 million.
(b) Over 35 million.
(c) About 10 million.
(d) Over 31 million.
3. The quote from Frederick Douglass that opens Chapter 4: "The Cruel Hand" was a part of a statement on behalf of delegates to the National Colored Convention held when?
4. When did Ronald Reagan officially announce the War on Drugs?
5. When was the first year that a black person ever sat on a jury in the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the defendants in Yick Wo v. Hopkins accused of doing?
2. How many African American men received a bachelor's degree from Illinois state universities in 1999?
3. What agency arose in the Reconstruction Era that was charged with the responsibility of providing food, clothing, fuel, and other forms of assistance to former slaves?
4. Who coined the term "invisible punishment" to describe the plight faced by former inmates trapped in the criminal justice system?
5. In what year was the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act passed that differentiated marijuana from other narcotics?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)