|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "The New Jim Crow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author asserts in The New Jim Crow that no one has more power in the criminal justice system than whom?
(c) Defense attorneys.
2. Who wrote the book States of Denial?
(a) Stanley Cohen.
(b) Loic Wacquant.
(c) Devah Pager.
(d) C. Vann Woodward.
3. According to criminologist Peter Kraska, how many cases of flawed paramilitary raids reached the appellate level between 1989 and 2001?
4. In what case did the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals strike down the "no fault" clause on the ground that eviction of innocent tenants was inconsistent with the legislative scheme?
(a) Brown v. Board of Education.
(b) Plessy v. Ferguson.
(c) McClesky v. Kemp.
(d) Rucker v. Davis.
5. When did California pass Proposition 184, the Three Strikes Law?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "caste" refer to?
2. According to the author in Chapter 3: "The Color of Justice," white youth have about how many times the number of drug-related emergency room visits as their African American counterparts?
3. What percentage of those arrested for drunk driving in 1990 were white men?
4. How did Jarvious Cotton's great-grandfather die?
5. Where did Warren McCleskey commit the crime he was accused of?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)