|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "The New Jim Crow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Clifford Runoalds return home to attend the funeral of his 18-month-old daughter after he was busted in a drug sweep, according to the author in Chapter 3: "The Color of Justice"?
(a) To Oxford, Mississippi.
(b) To Bryan, Texas.
(c) To Dallas, Texas.
(d) To Little Rock, Arkansas.
2. Who wrote the book States of Denial?
(a) Loic Wacquant.
(b) Stanley Cohen.
(c) C. Vann Woodward.
(d) Devah Pager.
3. How old was Emma Faye Stewart when she was arrested as part of a drug sweep, according to the author in Chapter 3: "The Color of Justice"?
4. When did the American Civil War end by proclamation?
(a) September 16, 1862.
(b) January 1, 1866.
(c) May 9, 1865.
(d) March 1, 1863.
5. According to the author in Chapter 1: "The Rebirth of Caste," what "was the device employed to protect the institution of slavery and the political power of slaveholding states" when the Constitution was written?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author asserts in Chapter 5: "The New Jim Crow" that although rural counties contain only 20% of the U.S. population, what percentage of new prison construction occurs there?
2. In 2006, one in how many African American men was behind bars?
3. Who wrote The Strange Career of Jim Crow?
4. Who was the former director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy that stated that if your child bought drugs, "it was from a student of their own race generally"?
5. Where was the conflict labor camp the Parchman Farm established?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)