Short Answer Questions Key
1. When did the pastoral idea become part of American culture?
2. What did colonists find in America?
3. What is the heart of the pastoral ideal?
To live in the lap of nature.
4. What does Marx say is the 'sentimental' pastoral ideal?
Green, rural lifestyle.
5. Who typically espouses the sentimental pastoral ideal?
6. What is a consequence of the sentimental pastoral ideal?
Relocation to the suburbs.
This section contains 4,801 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)