|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Machine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Thomas Jefferson publish his Notes on Virginia?
2. What does pastoral ideology conflict with, in Marx's account?
(a) Extractive industries.
(c) Industrial modernism.
(d) The reality of history.
3. What did Coxe contrast manufacturing with?
(b) The trades.
(d) Cottage industry.
4. How many Americans lived on farms by the end of the 19th century?
5. What did the new world fail to offer newcomers, in typical accounts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of machines especially did Americans welcome at the end of the 18th century?
2. What does Marx relate Shakespeare's 'The Tempest' to?
3. What does Marx say is the leading image of industrialism?
4. What American literature does Marx say exemplifies the three-stage theme he identified in Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
5. What does Marx point out was formed as a result of the Revolutionary War?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)