|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sleepy Hollow, 1844.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first reaction Marx describes to industrialism?
(a) Feelings of alienation.
2. Who typically espouses the sentimental pastoral ideal?
(a) Urban planners.
3. What is a consequence of the sentimental pastoral ideal?
(a) Exploitation of resources.
(c) Rail trails.
(d) Relocation to the suburbs.
4. When did the assault on American pastoralism begin, in Marx's account?
5. What is the second reaction Marx describes to industrialism?
(a) Urban planning for green spaces.
(d) Withdrawal from modernization.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Hawthorne's description interrupted?
2. Where was Hawthorne when he wrote the piece Marx analyzed?
3. What does Marx say is the leading image of industrialism?
4. What did Hawthorne describe in the piece Marx analyzed?
5. How have liberal thinkers portrayed the sentimental pastoral ideal, in Marx's account?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)