Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Garden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was that work written, which Barlowe likely influenced--and which also influenced Shakespeare in its description of a pastoral paradise?
2. Why did Beverly feel as he did by the end of his work?
(a) He thought that the settlers and natives could work together.
(b) He thought the New World would improve the settlers.
(c) He saw a unique opportunity in the New World.
(d) He thought that the New World could improve the natives.
3. What form of art had reached a peak in Thomas Jefferson's time?
(a) Terza rima.
(b) Trompe l'oeil paintings.
(c) Landscape painting.
(d) Homeric versa.
4. What does Marx say is the leading image of industrialism?
(a) The cotton gin.
(b) The factory.
(c) The steamship.
(d) The steam locomotive.
5. What kind of lifestyle does Marx say Americans want?
(a) More elegant.
(b) More complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the opposite of Barlowe's experience in his travels?
2. What human structure did Barlowe describe America in terms of?
3. What is the second reaction Marx describes to industrialism?
4. What does Marx relate Shakespeare's 'The Tempest' to?
5. Which leisure activity does Marx identify as revealing the influence of the sentimental pastoral ideal?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)