|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shakepeare's American Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Hawthorne's description interrupted?
(a) By a merchant.
(b) By a blue jay.
(c) By a railroad whistle.
(d) By an Indian.
2. Which characters are engaged in the final struggle in Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
(a) Miranda and Caliban.
(b) Ferdinand and Miranda.
(c) Gonzalo and Prospero.
(d) Gonzalo and Ferdinand.
3. Which leisure activity does Marx identify as revealing the influence of the sentimental pastoral ideal?
4. Who typically espouses the sentimental pastoral ideal?
(a) Urban planners.
5. How have liberal thinkers portrayed the sentimental pastoral ideal, in Marx's account?
(a) As a harmless fantasy.
(b) As a hindrance to progress.
(c) As a requirement for a green society.
(d) As the path to the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What economic consequence does the sentimental pastoral ideal engender?
2. What is the heart of the pastoral ideal?
3. How did Arthur Barlowe describe America?
4. How does Marx describe the encroachment of industrialism?
5. What does Marx say is the central theme of pastoral literature?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)