|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Machine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the keys to the American landscape, in the views that were the opposite of Barlowe's?
(a) Development and expansion.
(b) Generosity and sharing.
(c) Hard work and sacrifice.
(d) Conservation and reservations.
2. What did Jefferson want to keep in Europe?
3. For what occasion did Jefferson write his Notes on Virginia?
(a) At a French Diplomat's request.
(b) As an inventory when he was governor.
(c) Upon his travels to Europe.
(d) For leisure.
4. What secondary plot does Marx see as important for his purposes?
(a) The struggle for poetic expression.
(b) The struggle for domination over nature.
(c) The conflict over resource use.
(d) The conflict over resource use.
5. What sources does Marx suppose Shakespeare read for 'The Tempest'?
(a) Accounts of travel to the Pacific islands.
(b) Accounts of African tribes.
(c) Accounts of travel to India.
(d) Accounts of travel to the New World.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did complex pastoral ideology come into existence?
2. What is the first stage of life that Marx describes through Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
3. How was Hawthorne's description interrupted?
4. What did Beverly describe changing in the New World as a result of European settlement?
5. What were Beverly's sources for his history of Virginia?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)