|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kingdoms of Force.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Barlowe traveled to?
2. What was Jefferson's ideal of equality democracy founded on?
(a) Fostering entrepreneurship.
(b) Protecting individuals from industrialism.
(c) The free market.
(d) A government that encouraged self-reliance.
3. What is the most important part of Shakespeare's 'The Tempest', in Marx's estimation?
(a) An engagement and marriage.
(b) A conflict over territory.
(c) A political power struggle.
(d) A conflict over how to use resources.
4. What aspects of European civilization were the Virginia settlers glad to leave behind, in Beverly's history?
(a) Suppression of religious expression.
(b) Plagues and uncertainty over medical treatment.
(c) Dogmas and conflicts over religion.
(d) Vanities and conflicts over property.
5. What threat to the country's moral superiority had developed by Jefferson's time?
(a) Enclosure laws.
(b) The end of slavery.
(c) Public transit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are engaged in the final struggle in Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
2. What is the third stage of life that Marx describes through Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
3. How did Jefferson describe the representative man in Notes on Virginia?
4. What did Emerson originally propose in his philosophy?
5. What was the opposite of Barlowe's experience in his travels?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)