|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Carlinsky give Nick in Chapter 26?
(a) Nick has been cleared of all charges.
(b) Nick's attackers have been found.
(c) Nick is to be arrested for breaking bond.
(d) Nick has been fired by the Academy.
2. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) The Welsh.
(b) Striking coal miners.
(c) Tory reformers.
(d) The IRA.
3. Why is the Captain in the hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) He fell and broke a hip.
(b) He cannot keep food down.
(c) He is losing a leg to diabetes.
(d) He is having a heart valve replaced.
4. How does Jeff Megall describe the film he wants to integrate smoking into in Chapter 17?
(a) A romantic revisionist western.
(b) An erotic family-drama.
(c) A prestige buddy-comedy.
(d) A futuristic thriller-comedy.
5. In what market does BR push Nick to do more interviews in Chapter 13?
(a) The British market.
(b) The South American market.
(c) The Asian market.
(d) The Continental European market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new does Gomez deliver to Nick at the end of Chapter 18?
2. What impressive feet does the actress do in footage Nick watches with Jeff Megall in Chapter 23?
3. What does BR order Nick to do at the beginning of Chapter 25?
4. In Chapter 25, what crime does the Captain fear BR may be regularly committing?
5. In Chapter 23, what PBS personality is the Naylor's favorite skull from Sven modeled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is odd about Monmaney and Allman's question is Chapter 14?
2. Describe the hotel that Nick goes to in Chapter 17.
3. How is Nick's tryst in Chapter 15 with Jeannette odd?
4. How does the film footage in Chapter 23 look?
5. What vision does Nick have at the beginning of Chapter 15?
6. What problem is the Academy having in Asia?
7. Who is Jack Bein?
8. What does Nick think truly has happened to him since the attack?
9. What plan is Senator Finisterre trying to pass through Congress in Chapter 19?
10. Describe Nick's arrest in Chapter 24?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)