|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does BR order Nick to do at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) Go to Winston-Salem.
(b) Pack his things.
(c) Take a leave of absence.
(d) Surrender himself to the FBI.
2. In Chapter 20, what does Senator Finisterre want to put on cigarette packs?
(a) A skull and crossbones.
(b) A solid black wrapping.
(c) An odorous sealant.
(d) A child-proof lock.
3. In Chapter 17, what does Jack Bein do to kill time with Nick while they wait for Jeff to be ready?
(a) He tells Nick about his childhood.
(b) He gives Nick a tour of the office.
(c) He serves Nick a Japanese breakfast.
(d) He screens an unreleased film for Nick.
4. What conclusion about the deal does Nick give Jeff Megall at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) He will have to get back to him.
(b) The Academy will not accept the deal.
(c) They are on if Jeff can guarantee a sequel.
(d) He is sure the Academy is on board.
5. How does Jeff Megall describe the film he wants to integrate smoking into in Chapter 17?
(a) A prestige buddy-comedy.
(b) A romantic revisionist western.
(c) A futuristic thriller-comedy.
(d) An erotic family-drama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of grassroots smoking group Nick speaks in front to in Chapter 16?
2. What recommendation does the Captain make to Nick in a call in Chapter 23?
3. When they first meet in person in Chapter 17, why does Jeff Megall say he wants to do business with the Academy?
4. In Chapter 19, how much money does Jeff Megall say the studio requires for both the stars to smoke?
5. Which character in this section attempts to get information about Nick's case from contacts at the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Sven improved the anti-underage-smoking campaign in Chapter 13?
2. Who is Jack Bein?
3. What does Nick think truly has happened to him since the attack?
4. What problem is the Academy having in Asia?
5. Why does Nick decide to go to Winston-Salem in Chapter 25?
6. Why is Nick unable to get counsel from Carlinsky in Chapter 26?
7. What do Allman and Monmaney find that prompts them to arrest Nick in this section?
8. How does the film footage in Chapter 23 look?
9. How is Nick's tryst in Chapter 15 with Jeannette odd?
10. What does Heather imply to Nick in Chapter 21?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)