|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new does Gomez deliver to Nick at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Lorne Lutch has cancelled a speaking engagement.
(b) BR is going to promote him to executive status.
(c) The nico-terrorists have been killed.
(d) He will be fired in the morning.
2. Who does Nick find in his office in Chapter 25?
(a) The Captain.
(d) The FBI.
3. What reason does Nick give the viceroy in Chapter 16 for needing to speak in the bathroom?
(a) He wants to be alone with Viceroy.
(b) He needs to multitask.
(c) He wants to avoid being recorded.
(d) He doesn't want Lady Bent to hear.
4. Whose birthday is Jeff Megall unsure if he is attending in Chapter 19?
(a) His son's.
(b) Jack Valenti's.
(c) Mace McQuade's.
(d) The President's.
5. At the end of Chapter 25, what does the Captain offer Nick money for?
(a) To burn the K Street office down.
(b) To be his new mole in the office.
(c) To kill BR.
(d) To take the fall with the FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nick physically react to the cigarette he smokes in Chapter 13?
2. What is Nick looking at in Chapter 15 when he imagines a vast nude tableau?
3. In Chapter 20, what does Senator Finisterre want to put on cigarette packs?
4. What dangerous product from Senator Finisterre's state does Nick decry in Chapter 20?
5. Why is the Captain in the hospital in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the argument the MOD Squad has in Chapter 13.
2. What is odd about Monmaney and Allman's question is Chapter 14?
3. Why is Nick unable to get counsel from Carlinsky in Chapter 26?
4. Who is Jack Bein?
5. Why does Nick decide to go to Winston-Salem in Chapter 25?
6. What does Heather imply to Nick in Chapter 21?
7. What does Nick think truly has happened to him since the attack?
8. What issues in Chapter 19 make Nick uneasy about agrees to a deal with Jeff Megall?
9. What concerns has the Captain long had about BR that he reveals in Chapter 25?
10. What plan is Senator Finisterre trying to pass through Congress in Chapter 19?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)