|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impressive feet does the actress do in footage Nick watches with Jeff Megall in Chapter 23?
(a) Smoke in her sleep.
(b) Smoke an entire cigarette in one inhalation.
(c) Exhale smoke from her gills.
(d) Blow a smoke ring around the actor's penis.
2. Who does Nick find in his office in Chapter 25?
(b) The FBI.
(d) The Captain.
3. What does BR order Nick to do at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) Go to Winston-Salem.
(b) Surrender himself to the FBI.
(c) Pack his things.
(d) Take a leave of absence.
4. When they first meet in person in Chapter 17, why does Jeff Megall say he wants to do business with the Academy?
(a) He wants to get out east more often.
(b) He wants to preserve the livelihood of the tobacco farmer.
(c) He wants to present both sides of the smoking debate.
(d) He wants to hearken back to movie smoking of the forties.
5. Who has recently interviewed Polly in Chapter 20?
(b) Heather Holloway.
(c) Dan Rather.
(d) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, Carlinsky tells Nick the FBI found a key in his apartment. What is the key give access to?
2. Who is arrested along with Nick in Chapter 24?
3. In Chapter 20, what does Senator Finisterre want to put on cigarette packs?
4. What conclusion about the deal does Nick give Jeff Megall at the end of Chapter 19?
5. On Nick's flight to LA in Chapter 17, who makes a nasty comment to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Allman and Monmaney find that prompts them to arrest Nick in this section?
2. How is Nick's tryst in Chapter 15 with Jeannette odd?
3. How does Nick deal with the passage of Senator Finisterre's bill in this section?
4. How does Nick convince Lorne Lutch to take the bribe in Chapter 18?
5. What is odd about Monmaney and Allman's question is Chapter 14?
6. How does the film footage in Chapter 23 look?
7. In Chapter 20, how does Nick rebut Senator Finisterre's cigarette criticism on Nightline?
8. How has Sven improved the anti-underage-smoking campaign in Chapter 13?
9. What concerns has the Captain long had about BR that he reveals in Chapter 25?
10. Who is Jack Bein?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)