|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news did Naylor accidentally announce on air as a television announcer?
(a) The launching of a nuclear strike.
(b) A space-shuttle explosion.
(c) A major earthquake in California.
(d) The death of the President.
2. Which Nazi leader does Gordon Craighead compare Nick to in Heather's article?
(a) Albert Speer.
(b) Adolf Eichmann.
(c) Martin Bormann.
(d) Joseph Goebbels.
3. What plan does the Captain tell Naylor that BR has come up with in Chapter 6?
(a) Starting a cigarette-funded news outlet.
(b) Making Jennette a co-spokesperson.
(c) Reintroducing cigarettes in movies.
(d) Making candy cigarettes.
4. With what television journalist does Polly have an interview regarding fetal alcohol syndrome in Chapter 7?
(a) Tim Russert.
(b) Diane Sawyer.
(c) Barbara Walters.
(d) Mike Wallace.
5. What simple request does Nick Naylor make in Chapter 7 that prompts Gazelle to make a smart comment?
(a) He asks he to get him lunch.
(b) He tells her to hold his calls.
(c) He asks her to collate some papers.
(d) He asks for coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what words does Heather use to describe Nick's assertion that he works for tobacco to pay the rent?
2. What popular television show is Naylor invited on in Chapter 3?
3. From what empire is the autocrat that Naylor cites in the prologue?
4. According to Naylor in Chapter 4, what invention in movies popularized smoking in them?
5. Which John Wayne film does Naylor and his son watch at the end of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issue does Nick have with with Sven Gland's ad campaign in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Nick survive the attempt on his life by the nico-terrorists?
3. How have Naylor's fortunes changed when he returns to the Academy at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What ominous assignment does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 1?
5. How does Nick Naylor defend his position at Clean Lungs 2000?
6. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
7. Why is Nick's Today Show interview in Chapter 12 such a hit?
8. Why did Polly Baily join the Moderation Council?
9. Describe Budd Rohrabacher.
10. What does the reader learn about Gazelle in Chapter 7?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)