|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
(a) Hidden health benefits and internal corruption.
(b) Divergent medical opinions and anti-industry bias.
(c) Poorly-trained researchers and poorly-worded surveys.
(d) Insufficient test groups and foregone conclusions.
2. How does Naylor open his appearance on the Oprah show in Chapter 5?
(a) With a joke.
(b) By shaking Ron Goode's hand.
(c) By presents a pie chart.
(d) By giving everyone a free pack of cigarettes.
3. What does Bobby Jay Bliss and Polly bet on in Chapter 7?
(a) Whose lunch is more expensive.
(b) Whether Polly will take Hector back.
(c) Whether Bobby Jay can get Carter to support gun rights.
(d) Whether Naylor will reveal anything to Heather.
4. Which governmental agency has recently released a damning report regarding second-hand smoke at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. What uncharacteristic act does BR take regarding Nick at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He publicly thanks him.
(d) He gives him the day off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the conference at which Naylor is speaking in the Prologue?
2. What request does Reverend Griggs make of Naylor in Chapter 10?
3. What does Nick imagine the two FBI agents interviewing him in Chapter 12 doing?
4. Which lobby is not represented regularly in the MOD Squad lunches?
5. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick fare in the Oprah show?
2. How does the Academy respond to the death threat in Chapter 9?
3. What is the purpose of Nick Naylor's meeting with Reverend Griggs in Chapter 10?
4. How have Naylor's fortunes changed when he returns to the Academy at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What fire is Bobby Jay Bliss putting out in Chapter 2?
6. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
7. Why is Nick's Today Show interview in Chapter 12 such a hit?
8. Why did Polly Baily join the Moderation Council?
9. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
10. Why was Nick Naylor fired as a television reporter?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)