|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Naylor discover the Captain done for him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He has fired Jeannette.
(b) He has given him a new Lexus.
(c) He has doubled his salary.
(d) He has given him a larger office
2. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
(a) Divergent medical opinions and anti-industry bias.
(b) Poorly-trained researchers and poorly-worded surveys.
(c) Insufficient test groups and foregone conclusions.
(d) Hidden health benefits and internal corruption.
3. What plan does the Captain tell Naylor that BR has come up with in Chapter 6?
(a) Making Jennette a co-spokesperson.
(b) Making candy cigarettes.
(c) Starting a cigarette-funded news outlet.
(d) Reintroducing cigarettes in movies.
4. What international issue is Bailey's ex-boyfriend Hector fiercely concerned about?
(b) Debt forgiveness.
(d) Global warming.
5. What criticism does Naylor make to Sven about the marketing campaign in Chapter 7?
(a) It needs to be less colorful.
(b) It needs to be more wordy.
(c) It needs to be less effective.
(d) It needs to be more diversely populated.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
2. How does Naylor return to Washington D.C. at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What does Polly Bailey say her beer wholesalers are coming to Washington to protest in Chapter 2?
4. From what empire is the autocrat that Naylor cites in the prologue?
5. Which coworker comes to Naylor's office with overly-excited praise in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Nick Naylor's meeting with Reverend Griggs in Chapter 10?
2. What bet do Polly and Bobby Jay make at Bert's in Chapter 7?
3. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Describe the transfixed moment Naylor experiences at the end of Chapter 3.
5. What does the reader learn about Gazelle in Chapter 7?
6. What issue does Nick have with with Sven Gland's ad campaign in Chapter 7?
7. How did Bobby Jay Bliss find his way to SAFETY?
8. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
9. Why did Polly Baily join the Moderation Council?
10. Describe the history of cigarettes as related by Nick Naylor in Chapter 4.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)