|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
(a) A belligerant drunk.
(b) A ghost of a human being.
(c) A corporate hack.
(d) An old tobacco-man.
2. What criticism does Naylor make to Sven about the marketing campaign in Chapter 7?
(a) It needs to be less colorful.
(b) It needs to be more wordy.
(c) It needs to be less effective.
(d) It needs to be more diversely populated.
3. In what city does Nick Naylor live?
(b) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. With what fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway have an interview coming up in Chapter 12?
(a) Los Angeles Press.
(b) Washington Sun.
(c) New York Courier.
(d) Baltimore Reader.
5. What game does Nick play as he drives to St. Euthanasius in Chapter 10?
(a) He tries to make only left turns.
(b) He looks for him name mentioned on AM radio.
(c) He tries to find a Bee Gees song on the radio.
(d) He tries to lose his security detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recent surgery has the Captain undergone when Naylor meets him in Chapter 6?
2. What request does Reverend Griggs make of Naylor in Chapter 10?
3. Which Nazi leader does Gordon Craighead compare Nick to in Heather's article?
4. What does B.R. not do that is odd given his position at the Academy?
5. What does Naylor accuse people like Ron Goode of in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nick survive the attempt on his life by the nico-terrorists?
2. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
3. What is the purpose of Nick Naylor's meeting with Reverend Griggs in Chapter 10?
4. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Why is USA Today trying to contact Naylor in Chapter 1?
6. What is the MOD Squad?
7. Why is Nick's Today Show interview in Chapter 12 such a hit?
8. How does Nick fare in the Oprah show?
9. Why did Polly Baily join the Moderation Council?
10. How does Nick's meeting with Heather Holloway end in Chapter 9?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)