|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
(a) He is a heavy smoker.
(b) He had too much coffee in his system.
(c) He was wearing sun tan lotion.
(d) He was medicated with pain killers.
2. In Chapter 12, what do the two D.C. policeman think Nick is?
(a) A dog.
(b) A pile of garbage.
(c) A drunk congressman.
(d) A junkie.
3. For what organization did Carlton used to work?
(c) Department of Defense.
4. How does Naylor return to Washington D.C. at the end of Chapter 6?
(c) A rental car.
(d) The Captain's private jet.
5. Why did Polly Bailey move from a Representative's office to the Moderation Council?
(a) The Representative made a pass at her.
(b) She became disenchanted with politics.
(c) She needed to make a change in her life.
(d) She was passed over for a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which governmental agency has recently released a damning report regarding second-hand smoke at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What is St. Euthanasius?
3. What recent surgery has the Captain undergone when Naylor meets him in Chapter 6?
4. What is BR's reaction to Naylor's idea of reintroducing smoking in movies in Chapter 4?
5. Where does the Captain recommend Nick go as soon as possible in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the MOD Squad?
2. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
3. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
4. How does Oprah betray Naylor at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What is the purpose of Nick Naylor's meeting with Reverend Griggs in Chapter 10?
6. In Chapter 1, what differences between BR and his predecessor does Naylor note?
7. What bet do Polly and Bobby Jay make at Bert's in Chapter 7?
8. How does Nick Naylor defend his position at Clean Lungs 2000?
9. How does Nick's meeting with Heather Holloway end in Chapter 9?
10. Describe the Captain.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)