|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
(a) Outsource it to a consultancy.
(b) Give it to an ambitious colleague.
(c) Do away with it.
(d) Take it for himself.
2. What controversial move has Nick Naylor long been making regarding tobacco's public image?
(a) He wants to say cigarettes are a good source of calcium.
(b) He wants to freeze all public statements.
(c) He wants to admit cigarettes are a health risk.
(d) He wants to pay politicians to smoke in their ads.
3. In Chapter 3, who asks Naylor for a meeting in two weeks?
(b) Reverend Griggs.
(d) Gordon Craighead.
4. Why is Nick feeling groggy in Chapter 11?
(a) He has not slept in three days.
(b) He is medicated.
(c) He has bad allergies.
(d) He had two martinis at lunch.
5. Which of the following is a historic event that popularized smoking cited by by Naylor in Chapter 4?
(a) Development of modern grocery stores.
(b) World War I.
(c) Air travel.
(d) The advent of television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Nick play as he drives to St. Euthanasius in Chapter 10?
2. Which John Wayne film does Naylor and his son watch at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the organization to which Gordon Craighead belongs?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
5. What news did Naylor accidentally announce on air as a television announcer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Nick Naylor fired as a television reporter?
2. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What is the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
4. Describe the history of cigarettes as related by Nick Naylor in Chapter 4.
5. What issue does Nick have with with Sven Gland's ad campaign in Chapter 7?
6. What is the MOD Squad?
7. What bet do Polly and Bobby Jay make at Bert's in Chapter 7?
8. Describe Budd Rohrabacher.
9. How does Oprah betray Naylor at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. How does Heather portray Nick in her article?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)