|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what organization did Carlton used to work?
(c) Department of Defense.
2. What body part did Bobby Jay Bliss lose in the Vietnam War?
(a) His left leg.
(b) His right ear.
(c) His right eye.
(d) His left arm.
3. What does Bobby Jay Bliss and Polly bet on in Chapter 7?
(a) Whether Naylor will reveal anything to Heather.
(b) Whose lunch is more expensive.
(c) Whether Bobby Jay can get Carter to support gun rights.
(d) Whether Polly will take Hector back.
4. What does Nick Naylor always eat at the MOD Squad lunches?
(a) Red snapper.
(b) Cobb Salad.
(c) Steak and potatoes.
(d) Bacon cheeseburger.
5. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
(a) Poorly-trained researchers and poorly-worded surveys.
(b) Insufficient test groups and foregone conclusions.
(c) Divergent medical opinions and anti-industry bias.
(d) Hidden health benefits and internal corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interviews Nick at the end of Chapter 12?
2. Which coworker comes to Naylor's office with overly-excited praise in Chapter 7?
3. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
4. How long does B.R. give Naylor to come up with a new media plan for the Academy?
5. What does Bobby Jay Bliss warn Naylor about Heather in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bet do Polly and Bobby Jay make at Bert's in Chapter 7?
2. How have Naylor's fortunes changed when he returns to the Academy at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. How did Bobby Jay Bliss find his way to SAFETY?
4. Describe the transfixed moment Naylor experiences at the end of Chapter 3.
5. What issue does Nick have with with Sven Gland's ad campaign in Chapter 7?
6. Why is Nick's Today Show interview in Chapter 12 such a hit?
7. Describe the Captain.
8. What does the reader learn about Gazelle in Chapter 7?
9. What is the MOD Squad?
10. Why does Nick survive the attempt on his life by the nico-terrorists?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)