|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Naylor accuse people like Ron Goode of in Chapter 5?
(a) Profiting from children's deaths.
(b) Falsifying data.
(c) Wasting taxpayer money.
(d) Assisting in the sales of cigarettes.
2. In what state did the shooting that Bobby Jay Bliss is trying to spin in Chapter 2 take place?
(d) New Jersey.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Heather tell Nick is the topic of her article?
(a) Faustian bargains.
(b) Public relations challenges.
(d) The tobacco industry.
4. Sammy Najeeb is a producer for what news program?
(a) CBS Nightly News.
(b) 60 Minutes.
(c) Larry King Live.
5. What does Bobby Jay Bliss warn Naylor about Heather in Chapter 7?
(a) Don't sleep with her.
(b) Don't get drunk around her.
(c) Don't offer to pay for dinner.
(d) Don't speak off the record.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news did Naylor accidentally announce on air as a television announcer?
2. What event prompted Bliss to join the military in the 1960's?
3. Which famous public figure recently had a sex scandal explode in the restaurant where Nick meets Heather Holloway in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 12, what do the two D.C. policeman think Nick is?
5. How many nicotine patches are put on Nick's body in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bet do Polly and Bobby Jay make at Bert's in Chapter 7?
2. How does Nick's meeting with Heather Holloway end in Chapter 9?
3. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Describe the Captain.
5. Why did Polly Baily join the Moderation Council?
6. Why does Nick survive the attempt on his life by the nico-terrorists?
7. Describe the transfixed moment Naylor experiences at the end of Chapter 3.
8. How do the nico-terrorists in Chapter 11 attempt to kill Nick?
9. How is Nick's Larry King interview interrupted with some shocking news?
10. How did Bobby Jay Bliss find his way to SAFETY?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)