Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state is the caller who announces he will kill Nick Naylor in Chapter 8?
(a) New York.
2. Which famous public figure recently had a sex scandal explode in the restaurant where Nick meets Heather Holloway in Chapter 9?
(a) Senator Finisterre.
(b) Lorne Lutch.
(c) Jeff Megall.
(d) Gordon Craighead.
3. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
(a) A mint julep.
(b) A bloody mary.
(c) An old-fashioned.
(d) A scotch and water.
4. Which lobby is not represented regularly in the MOD Squad lunches?
(a) Fast food.
5. What does Bobby Jay Bliss and Polly bet on in Chapter 7?
(a) Whether Bobby Jay can get Carter to support gun rights.
(b) Whether Polly will take Hector back.
(c) Whose lunch is more expensive.
(d) Whether Naylor will reveal anything to Heather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is BR's reaction to Naylor's idea of reintroducing smoking in movies in Chapter 4?
2. What news did Naylor accidentally announce on air as a television announcer?
3. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
4. What uncharacteristic act does BR take regarding Nick at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 5, who is Naylor is seated onstage next?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Sven improved the anti-underage-smoking campaign in Chapter 13?
2. How does the Academy respond to the death threat in Chapter 9?
3. What is odd about Monmaney and Allman's question is Chapter 14?
4. Why is Nick unable to get counsel from Carlinsky in Chapter 26?
5. What vision does Nick have at the beginning of Chapter 15?
6. Describe the transfixed moment Naylor experiences at the end of Chapter 3.
7. Why is USA Today trying to contact Naylor in Chapter 1?
8. Describe Budd Rohrabacher.
9. Who is Jack Bein?
10. How does Nick fare in the Oprah show?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)