|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Heather say attracts her to Nick?
(a) His absence of morality.
(b) The way he smokes.
(c) His gift for rationalization.
(d) His preternatural cool.
2. What does Naylor accuse people like Ron Goode of in Chapter 5?
(a) Assisting in the sales of cigarettes.
(b) Falsifying data.
(c) Wasting taxpayer money.
(d) Profiting from children's deaths.
3. What request does Reverend Griggs make of Naylor in Chapter 10?
(a) He wants Nick to speak at a Board dinner.
(b) He wants Nick to stop picking his son up.
(c) He wants Nick to find a consultancy for the school.
(d) He wants a donation from the Academy.
4. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
(a) A new study linking smoking to lower cholesterol.
(b) Their new anti-smoking campaign.
(c) Jeannette's promotion.
(d) The Captain's daughter's wedding.
5. With what fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway have an interview coming up in Chapter 12?
(a) New York Courier.
(b) Washington Sun.
(c) Los Angeles Press.
(d) Baltimore Reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick Naylor always eat at the MOD Squad lunches?
2. What type of medical specialist does Nick see in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 3, who asks Naylor for a meeting in two weeks?
4. How does Naylor return to Washington D.C. at the end of Chapter 6?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does the Captain insist be done for Nick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Nick Naylor fired as a television reporter?
2. What does the reader learn about Gazelle in Chapter 7?
3. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
4. How does the Academy respond to the death threat in Chapter 9?
5. Describe the Captain.
6. What issue does Nick have with with Sven Gland's ad campaign in Chapter 7?
7. What fire is Bobby Jay Bliss putting out in Chapter 2?
8. Why did Polly Baily join the Moderation Council?
9. How does Nick Naylor defend his position at Clean Lungs 2000?
10. In Chapter 1, what differences between BR and his predecessor does Naylor note?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)