|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Naylor in Chapter 4, what invention in movies popularized smoking in them?
(a) Modern editing.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does the Captain insist be done for Nick?
(a) He be put on temporary leave.
(b) He be given a security detail.
(c) He be moved to another office.
(d) He be given a gun.
3. What recent surgery has the Captain undergone when Naylor meets him in Chapter 6?
(a) A kidney transplant.
(b) A pace-maker implant.
(c) A knee replacement.
(d) A quadruple bypass.
4. To whom is Bliss sending the video he made in Chapter 2?
(a) Congress and the media.
(b) The President and the Speaker of the House.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) Every SAFETY member.
5. Which Nazi leader does Gordon Craighead compare Nick to in Heather's article?
(a) Joseph Goebbels.
(b) Albert Speer.
(c) Martin Bormann.
(d) Adolf Eichmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Heather tell Nick is the topic of her article?
2. What creative way does a man say he will kill Naylor in a message given to him by Gazelle in Chapter 7?
3. How many nicotine patches are put on Nick's body in Chapter 11?
4. Which of the following is a historic event that popularized smoking cited by by Naylor in Chapter 4?
5. What fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Captain.
2. Describe the transfixed moment Naylor experiences at the end of Chapter 3.
3. How does Nick fare in the Oprah show?
4. What does the reader learn about Gazelle in Chapter 7?
5. How does Heather portray Nick in her article?
6. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
7. Why did Polly Baily join the Moderation Council?
8. In Chapter 1, what differences between BR and his predecessor does Naylor note?
9. How did Bobby Jay Bliss find his way to SAFETY?
10. Why is Nick's Today Show interview in Chapter 12 such a hit?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)