|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bobby Jay Bliss know Heather Holloway?
(a) She is his second cousin.
(b) They are in the same prayer group.
(c) She used to date him.
(d) She did a piece on his boss.
2. For what organization did Carlton used to work?
(b) Department of Defense.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
(a) Take it for himself.
(b) Do away with it.
(c) Give it to an ambitious colleague.
(d) Outsource it to a consultancy.
4. Which John Wayne film does Naylor and his son watch at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The Shootist.
(b) Sands of Iwo Jima.
(c) The Longest Day.
(d) True Grit.
5. What simple request does Nick Naylor make in Chapter 7 that prompts Gazelle to make a smart comment?
(a) He asks for coffee.
(b) He asks her to collate some papers.
(c) He tells her to hold his calls.
(d) He asks he to get him lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what related business did B.R come to the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
2. In Chapter 5, who is Naylor is seated onstage next?
3. Which of the following is an aspect that makes Polly Bailey particularly attractive?
4. Which periodical requesting a quote from Nick Naylor in Chapter 1 annoys him?
5. What recent surgery has the Captain undergone when Naylor meets him in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fire is Bobby Jay Bliss putting out in Chapter 2?
2. What does the reader learn about Gazelle in Chapter 7?
3. How does Nick's meeting with Heather Holloway end in Chapter 9?
4. What is the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
5. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
6. Why is USA Today trying to contact Naylor in Chapter 1?
7. Why did Polly Baily join the Moderation Council?
8. Why does Nick survive the attempt on his life by the nico-terrorists?
9. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
10. Describe the history of cigarettes as related by Nick Naylor in Chapter 4.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)