|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news did Naylor accidentally announce on air as a television announcer?
(a) A major earthquake in California.
(b) The launching of a nuclear strike.
(c) The death of the President.
(d) A space-shuttle explosion.
2. What does Nick Naylor always eat at the MOD Squad lunches?
(a) Bacon cheeseburger.
(b) Steak and potatoes.
(c) Cobb Salad.
(d) Red snapper.
3. In what city does Nick Naylor live?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington D.C.
4. What body part did Bobby Jay Bliss lose in the Vietnam War?
(a) His left leg.
(b) His left arm.
(c) His right ear.
(d) His right eye.
5. With what television journalist does Polly have an interview regarding fetal alcohol syndrome in Chapter 7?
(a) Barbara Walters.
(b) Mike Wallace.
(c) Diane Sawyer.
(d) Tim Russert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which periodical requesting a quote from Nick Naylor in Chapter 1 annoys him?
2. How many nicotine patches are put on Nick's body in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
4. How does Oprah treat Nick Naylor backstage in Chapter 5?
5. What is BR's reaction to Naylor's idea of reintroducing smoking in movies in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Nick Naylor's meeting with Reverend Griggs in Chapter 10?
2. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
3. How does Oprah betray Naylor at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. How does Nick's meeting with Heather Holloway end in Chapter 9?
5. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
6. Why does Nick survive the attempt on his life by the nico-terrorists?
7. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
8. How does Heather portray Nick in her article?
9. Describe the history of cigarettes as related by Nick Naylor in Chapter 4.
10. How is Nick's Larry King interview interrupted with some shocking news?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)