|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does B.R. give Naylor to come up with a new media plan for the Academy?
(a) One day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) The weekend.
(d) One month.
2. Who else is on the panel on which Naylor sits in the Prologue?
(a) Marketing analysts.
(b) Anti-smoking proponents.
(d) Tobacco executives.
3. From what state is the caller who announces he will kill Nick Naylor in Chapter 8?
(c) New York.
4. Why is Polly Bailey pleased at Bert's house in Chapter 7?
(a) A popular star has agreed to drink bourbon at the Oscars.
(b) She has met a nice guy.
(c) Her lobby has defeated a new tax in Alabama.
(d) The Pope has declared wine moral.
5. Where does the Captain recommend Nick go as soon as possible in Chapter 9?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request from Nick does Polly turn down at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
3. In Chapter 1, what adjective does B.R. use to describe Naylor's style of public relations?
4. What does the MOD Squad regularly sneak Nick in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Gazelle in Chapter 7?
2. How does Nick fare in the Oprah show?
3. Describe the Captain.
4. How is Nick's Larry King interview interrupted with some shocking news?
5. How did Bobby Jay Bliss find his way to SAFETY?
6. Why does Nick survive the attempt on his life by the nico-terrorists?
7. What fire is Bobby Jay Bliss putting out in Chapter 2?
8. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
9. How do the nico-terrorists in Chapter 11 attempt to kill Nick?
10. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)