|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sammy Najeeb is a producer for what news program?
(a) Larry King Live.
(b) 60 Minutes.
(d) CBS Nightly News.
2. What controversial move has Nick Naylor long been making regarding tobacco's public image?
(a) He wants to say cigarettes are a good source of calcium.
(b) He wants to pay politicians to smoke in their ads.
(c) He wants to admit cigarettes are a health risk.
(d) He wants to freeze all public statements.
3. What simple request does Nick Naylor make in Chapter 7 that prompts Gazelle to make a smart comment?
(a) He asks for coffee.
(b) He asks her to collate some papers.
(c) He asks he to get him lunch.
(d) He tells her to hold his calls.
4. What does B.R. not do that is odd given his position at the Academy?
(a) He does not watch press conferences.
(b) He does not read.
(c) He does not travel by air.
(d) He does not smoke.
5. At the end of Chapter 5, how much money does Naylor say the Academy is committing to a campaign to stop underage smoking?
(a) Five million dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) One billion dollars.
(d) Five hundred thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Naylor use to describe the office's collective attitude toward him in the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. What does Bliss remember most clearly about Heather Holloway in Chapter 7?
3. For what organization did Carlton used to work?
4. Which Nazi leader does Gordon Craighead compare Nick to in Heather's article?
5. Which famous public figure recently had a sex scandal explode in the restaurant where Nick meets Heather Holloway in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oprah betray Naylor at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What fire is Bobby Jay Bliss putting out in Chapter 2?
3. How does the Academy respond to the death threat in Chapter 9?
4. How have Naylor's fortunes changed when he returns to the Academy at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What does the reader learn about Gazelle in Chapter 7?
6. How does Nick fare in the Oprah show?
7. What is the MOD Squad?
8. What issue does Nick have with with Sven Gland's ad campaign in Chapter 7?
9. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
10. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)