|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what House Committee did Polly Bailey begin her Washington, D.C. career?
(c) Ways and Means.
2. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
(a) He had too much coffee in his system.
(b) He is a heavy smoker.
(c) He was wearing sun tan lotion.
(d) He was medicated with pain killers.
3. What word does Naylor use to describe the office's collective attitude toward him in the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. How does Naylor open his appearance on the Oprah show in Chapter 5?
(a) By shaking Ron Goode's hand.
(b) With a joke.
(c) By giving everyone a free pack of cigarettes.
(d) By presents a pie chart.
5. According to Naylor in Chapter 4, what invention in movies popularized smoking in them?
(a) Modern editing.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
2. What does Nick imagine the two FBI agents interviewing him in Chapter 12 doing?
3. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
4. With what television journalist does Polly have an interview regarding fetal alcohol syndrome in Chapter 7?
5. What international issue is Bailey's ex-boyfriend Hector fiercely concerned about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ominous assignment does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 1?
2. Why did Polly Baily join the Moderation Council?
3. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
4. How is Nick's Larry King interview interrupted with some shocking news?
5. How does Nick fare in the Oprah show?
6. Describe the Captain.
7. In Chapter 3, how does BR try to undermine Naylor?
8. Describe the history of cigarettes as related by Nick Naylor in Chapter 4.
9. What does the reader learn about Gazelle in Chapter 7?
10. Describe Budd Rohrabacher.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)