|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
(a) A belligerant drunk.
(b) A corporate hack.
(c) An old tobacco-man.
(d) A ghost of a human being.
2. What was Lorne Lutch's occupation before he got cancer?
(a) Cigarette advertising icon.
(c) Tobacco executive.
(d) Tobacco farmer.
3. What is BR's reaction to Naylor's idea of reintroducing smoking in movies in Chapter 4?
(a) He is underwhelmed.
(b) He is compelled.
(c) He is livid.
(d) He is energized.
4. What simple request does Nick Naylor make in Chapter 7 that prompts Gazelle to make a smart comment?
(a) He asks for coffee.
(b) He asks he to get him lunch.
(c) He asks her to collate some papers.
(d) He tells her to hold his calls.
5. What plan does the Captain tell Naylor that BR has come up with in Chapter 6?
(a) Reintroducing cigarettes in movies.
(b) Making candy cigarettes.
(c) Starting a cigarette-funded news outlet.
(d) Making Jennette a co-spokesperson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does B.R. give Naylor to come up with a new media plan for the Academy?
2. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
3. What criticism does Naylor make to Sven about the marketing campaign in Chapter 7?
4. To what actor does Naick compare the voice of the lead nico-terrorist in Chapter 11?
5. What body part did Bobby Jay Bliss lose in the Vietnam War?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
2. How does Heather portray Nick in her article?
3. Why was Nick Naylor fired as a television reporter?
4. How does Nick Naylor defend his position at Clean Lungs 2000?
5. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
6. How does Nick fare in the Oprah show?
7. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
8. What is the purpose of Nick Naylor's meeting with Reverend Griggs in Chapter 10?
9. In Chapter 1, what differences between BR and his predecessor does Naylor note?
10. Describe the history of cigarettes as related by Nick Naylor in Chapter 4.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)