|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 5, how much money does Naylor say the Academy is committing to a campaign to stop underage smoking?
(a) Five million dollars.
(b) Five hundred thousand dollars.
(c) One billion dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
2. Why is Polly Bailey pleased at Bert's house in Chapter 7?
(a) She has met a nice guy.
(b) Her lobby has defeated a new tax in Alabama.
(c) The Pope has declared wine moral.
(d) A popular star has agreed to drink bourbon at the Oscars.
3. Which periodical requesting a quote from Nick Naylor in Chapter 1 annoys him?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) USA Today.
4. What fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway work for?
(a) Washington Courier.
(b) Washington Moon.
(c) Washington Dealer.
(d) Washington Sentinel.
5. How does Oprah treat Nick Naylor backstage in Chapter 5?
(a) She is flirty.
(b) She is confrontational.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She is friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Captain recommend Nick go as soon as possible in Chapter 9?
2. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
3. Which lobby is not represented regularly in the MOD Squad lunches?
4. Why did Polly Bailey move from a Representative's office to the Moderation Council?
5. Which of the following is a historic event that popularized smoking cited by by Naylor in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the nico-terrorists in Chapter 11 attempt to kill Nick?
2. How does the Academy respond to the death threat in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 1, what differences between BR and his predecessor does Naylor note?
4. What is the MOD Squad?
5. How does Nick Naylor defend his position at Clean Lungs 2000?
6. Describe Budd Rohrabacher.
7. How have Naylor's fortunes changed when he returns to the Academy at the beginning of Chapter 7?
8. Describe the transfixed moment Naylor experiences at the end of Chapter 3.
9. Why was Nick Naylor fired as a television reporter?
10. How is Nick taken hostage in Chapter 11?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)