|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What controversial move has Nick Naylor long been making regarding tobacco's public image?
(a) He wants to admit cigarettes are a health risk.
(b) He wants to say cigarettes are a good source of calcium.
(c) He wants to pay politicians to smoke in their ads.
(d) He wants to freeze all public statements.
2. Which of the following is a historic event that popularized smoking cited by by Naylor in Chapter 4?
(a) World War I.
(b) Air travel.
(c) Development of modern grocery stores.
(d) The advent of television.
3. Which governmental agency has recently released a damning report regarding second-hand smoke at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 1, what adjective does B.R. use to describe Naylor's style of public relations?
5. What request does Reverend Griggs make of Naylor in Chapter 10?
(a) He wants a donation from the Academy.
(b) He wants Nick to speak at a Board dinner.
(c) He wants Nick to find a consultancy for the school.
(d) He wants Nick to stop picking his son up.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Naylor in Chapter 4, what invention in movies popularized smoking in them?
2. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
3. What popular television show is Naylor invited on in Chapter 3?
4. How does Bobby Jay Bliss know Heather Holloway?
5. In the Prologue, what does the autocrat in Naylor's story do to those caught selling tobacco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issue does Nick have with with Sven Gland's ad campaign in Chapter 7?
2. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Describe Budd Rohrabacher.
4. What does the reader learn about Gazelle in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Nick survive the attempt on his life by the nico-terrorists?
6. What is the MOD Squad?
7. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
8. How did Bobby Jay Bliss find his way to SAFETY?
9. Why is USA Today trying to contact Naylor in Chapter 1?
10. In Chapter 3, how does BR try to undermine Naylor?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)