|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby Jay Bliss warn Naylor about Heather in Chapter 7?
(a) Don't get drunk around her.
(b) Don't sleep with her.
(c) Don't speak off the record.
(d) Don't offer to pay for dinner.
2. Why is Nick feeling groggy in Chapter 11?
(a) He has bad allergies.
(b) He is medicated.
(c) He had two martinis at lunch.
(d) He has not slept in three days.
3. What is St. Euthanasius?
(a) The church where Nick was married.
(b) Nick's son's boarding school.
(c) A DC hospital where a young boy is dying of lung cancer.
(d) Nick Naylor's alma mater.
4. What type of medical condition has recently been linked to smoking in Chapter 1?
(a) A neurological condition.
(b) A circularoty condition.
(c) A pituitary condition.
(d) A digestive condition.
5. How does Naylor return to Washington D.C. at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The Captain's private jet.
(d) A rental car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Polly Bailey move from a Representative's office to the Moderation Council?
2. What does B.R. not do that is odd given his position at the Academy?
3. What request from Nick does Polly turn down at the end of Chapter 7?
4. In what state did the shooting that Bobby Jay Bliss is trying to spin in Chapter 2 take place?
5. What game does Nick play as he drives to St. Euthanasius in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Captain.
2. How does Heather portray Nick in her article?
3. Why did Polly Baily join the Moderation Council?
4. Why is USA Today trying to contact Naylor in Chapter 1?
5. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
6. How does Nick Naylor defend his position at Clean Lungs 2000?
7. How is Nick's Larry King interview interrupted with some shocking news?
8. How did Bobby Jay Bliss find his way to SAFETY?
9. Describe the history of cigarettes as related by Nick Naylor in Chapter 4.
10. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)