|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, what does the autocrat in Naylor's story do to those caught selling tobacco?
(a) He beheads them.
(b) He burns them alive.
(c) He imprisons them.
(d) He cuts off their hands.
2. Which governmental agency has recently released a damning report regarding second-hand smoke at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
(a) He was wearing sun tan lotion.
(b) He is a heavy smoker.
(c) He was medicated with pain killers.
(d) He had too much coffee in his system.
4. What request does Reverend Griggs make of Naylor in Chapter 10?
(a) He wants Nick to find a consultancy for the school.
(b) He wants Nick to stop picking his son up.
(c) He wants Nick to speak at a Board dinner.
(d) He wants a donation from the Academy.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does the Captain insist be done for Nick?
(a) He be given a gun.
(b) He be given a security detail.
(c) He be put on temporary leave.
(d) He be moved to another office.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Bliss sending the video he made in Chapter 2?
2. What does Polly Bailey say her beer wholesalers are coming to Washington to protest in Chapter 2?
3. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
4. What body part did Bobby Jay Bliss lose in the Vietnam War?
5. With what fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway have an interview coming up in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Naylor's fortunes changed when he returns to the Academy at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. How does Nick's meeting with Heather Holloway end in Chapter 9?
3. Why is USA Today trying to contact Naylor in Chapter 1?
4. How does Nick Naylor defend his position at Clean Lungs 2000?
5. In Chapter 3, how does BR try to undermine Naylor?
6. What fire is Bobby Jay Bliss putting out in Chapter 2?
7. What types of messages does Nick have waiting for him at the Academy in Chapter 7?
8. Why is Nick's Today Show interview in Chapter 12 such a hit?
9. What bad news does BR give Naylor at the end of Chapter 4?
10. What issue does Nick have with with Sven Gland's ad campaign in Chapter 7?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)