|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what PBS personality is the Naylor's favorite skull from Sven modeled?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
(b) Jim Lehrer.
(c) Thomas the Tank Engine.
(d) Big Bird.
2. Which character in this section attempts to get information about Nick's case from contacts at the FBI?
(a) Jeff Megall.
(b) Bobby Jay Bliss.
(c) Gomez O'Neal.
(d) The Captain.
3. In Chapter 17, what does Jack Bein do to kill time with Nick while they wait for Jeff to be ready?
(a) He screens an unreleased film for Nick.
(b) He serves Nick a Japanese breakfast.
(c) He gives Nick a tour of the office.
(d) He tells Nick about his childhood.
4. On Nick's flight to LA in Chapter 17, who makes a nasty comment to him?
(a) A general.
(b) A producer.
(c) A diplomat.
(d) A Senator.
5. What were the boxes of condoms what Jeannette kept handing Nick during sex?
(a) Tampon boxes.
(b) Boxes for firearm rounds.
(c) Nicotine patch boxes.
(d) Cereal boxes.
6. What does Jeff Megall send to pick up Nick instead of a Mustang in Chapter 17?
(a) A Smart car.
(b) A vespa.
(c) A limo.
(d) A town car.
7. Why is the cab driver nervous about being tailed as he drives Nick in Chapter 25?
(a) He does not have a license.
(b) He is a paranoid schizophrenic.
(c) He is Muslim.
(d) His brother is in the country illegally.
8. Whose birthday is Jeff Megall unsure if he is attending in Chapter 19?
(a) Mace McQuade's.
(b) Jack Valenti's.
(c) His son's.
(d) The President's.
9. Why is Polly short-tempered in Chapter 13?
(a) Her ex wants to get back together.
(b) The Moderation Council has been getting bad press.
(c) She has a migraine.
(d) She might be getting fired.
10. In what market does BR push Nick to do more interviews in Chapter 13?
(a) The British market.
(b) The South American market.
(c) The Continental European market.
(d) The Asian market.
11. Which of the following characters does not leave a message for Nick while he is having sex with Jeannette in Chapter 21?
(b) The Captain.
12. What does the Captain say Nick should ask Lutch to do in return for the Academy's money in Chapter 14?
(a) Return to the Agglomerated Tobacco family.
(b) Stay quiet.
(c) Be in a new advertisement.
13. What does the Captain ask Nick to do regarding Lorne Lutch in Chapter 13?
(a) Interview with him on Good Morning America.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Bribe him.
14. Who does Nick find in his office in Chapter 25?
(a) The Captain.
(d) The FBI.
15. Why is Nick not seated near Senator Finisterre on Nightline in Chapter 20?
(a) The Senator is live via satellite from Cairo.
(b) Nick wants to be near the medical experts.
(c) Every guest is in a separate studio.
(d) The Senator refuses to sit near him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, which of the following is not an odd sexual proclivity of Jeannette's?
2. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
3. How does Nick physically react to the cigarette he smokes in Chapter 13?
4. What reason does Nick give the viceroy in Chapter 16 for needing to speak in the bathroom?
5. What news does Jeannette give Nick at dinner in Chapter 15?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)