|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cryptic comment does Gomez O'Neal make to Nick at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Meet in public places.
(b) Lay low.
(c) Watch your back.
(d) Trust no one.
2. What dangerous product from Senator Finisterre's state does Nick decry in Chapter 20?
(a) Cheddar cheese.
(b) Root beer.
(d) Baby formula.
3. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) Striking coal miners.
(b) The Welsh.
(c) The IRA.
(d) Tory reformers.
4. Why did the Captain place a spy in BR's office?
(a) To see if BR was embezzling money.
(b) To see if BR was selling Academy secrets to the press.
(c) To see if BR and Jeannette were sleeping together.
(d) To see if BR was stealing company supplies.
5. To what does Nick liken the speech BR gives at the beginning Chapter 13?
(a) An inaugural speech.
(b) A eulogy.
(c) A battlefield address.
(d) A state of the union.
6. In Chapter 17, what does Jack Bein do to kill time with Nick while they wait for Jeff to be ready?
(a) He tells Nick about his childhood.
(b) He screens an unreleased film for Nick.
(c) He serves Nick a Japanese breakfast.
(d) He gives Nick a tour of the office.
7. What recommendation does the Captain make to Nick in a call in Chapter 23?
(a) He should remain in Los Angeles.
(b) He should retain a lawyer.
(c) He should suspend all public statements.
(d) He should leave the Academy.
8. Why is the Captain in the hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) He cannot keep food down.
(b) He is having a heart valve replaced.
(c) He fell and broke a hip.
(d) He is losing a leg to diabetes.
9. Why is Nick not seated near Senator Finisterre on Nightline in Chapter 20?
(a) The Senator is live via satellite from Cairo.
(b) The Senator refuses to sit near him.
(c) Nick wants to be near the medical experts.
(d) Every guest is in a separate studio.
10. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
(a) A bribe.
(b) A gift.
(c) An investment.
(d) A salary.
11. Who does Nick recommend for Lorne's CNN press conference in Chapter 18?
(a) Bonnie Dalton.
(b) Christienne Amanpour.
(c) Wolf Blitzer.
(d) Anderson Cooper.
12. What topic does Bernie the masseuse babble on about in Chapter 17?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) Rain forests.
(d) Exchange rates.
13. Who tells Nick that the Captain has died in Chapter 26?
(b) Gomez O'Neal.
14. What conclusion about the deal does Nick give Jeff Megall at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) They are on if Jeff can guarantee a sequel.
(b) The Academy will not accept the deal.
(c) He will have to get back to him.
(d) He is sure the Academy is on board.
15. What does Nick indignantly argue with the MOD Squad in Chapter 13?
(a) His lobby is more powerful.
(b) His media presence is stronger.
(c) His product kills more people.
(d) His life is still in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response to the probably passage of the skull-and-crossbones label does Nick suggest in Chapter 22?
2. In Chapter 26, how does Nick explain the plane ticket purchased on his card to the FBI?
3. What impressive feet does the actress do in footage Nick watches with Jeff Megall in Chapter 23?
4. Who is arrested along with Nick in Chapter 24?
5. What do the FBI agents find in Nick's apartment in Chapter 22?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)