|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cryptic comment does Gomez O'Neal make to Nick at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Lay low.
(b) Meet in public places.
(c) Trust no one.
(d) Watch your back.
2. What type of farm does Lorne Lutch have?
(a) A soybean farm.
(b) A cabbage farm.
(c) An avocado farm.
(d) A turnip farm.
3. In Chapter 19, how much money does Jeff Megall say the studio requires for both the stars to smoke?
(a) 750 thousand.
(b) 10 million.
(c) One billion,
(d) 27 million.
4. In Chapter 13, what is every member of the Academy told they will have to attend?
(a) A press interaction seminal.
(b) An anti-terrorism retreat.
(c) A Nick Naylor interview retrospective.
(d) A self-defense class.
5. In Chapter 15, which of the following is not an odd sexual proclivity of Jeannette's?
(a) She makes animal noises.
(b) She keeps all the lights off.
(c) She uses dozens of condoms.
(d) She ties Nick up.
6. What news does Jeannette give Nick at dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Gordon Craighead was behind his abduction.
(b) Finisterre is introducing new tobacco legislation.
(c) The Captain is dying.
(d) BR is thinking of leaving the Academy.
7. In Chapter 13, what words does Sven subliminally embed int he anti-smoking ad he makes for the Academy?
(a) Chicks dig smoke.
(b) Smoking is right.
(c) Light one up.
(d) Cigarettes are cool.
8. What recommendation does the Captain make to Nick in a call in Chapter 23?
(a) He should remain in Los Angeles.
(b) He should suspend all public statements.
(c) He should retain a lawyer.
(d) He should leave the Academy.
9. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) The IRA.
(b) The Welsh.
(c) Tory reformers.
(d) Striking coal miners.
10. What does the Captain do for Nick at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) He sends him a bottle of fine bourbon.
(b) He gives him a new television.
(c) He invites him to his summer-home in the Hamptons.
(d) He raises his salary.
11. What do the FBI agents find in Nick's apartment in Chapter 22?
(a) Jeannette's purse.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) A copy of a nico-terrorist manual.
12. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
(a) A bribe.
(b) A salary.
(c) An investment.
(d) A gift.
13. In Chapter 15, what idea does Jeannette have when she comes to Nick's office?
(a) A new ad campaign
(b) A new type of chewing tobacco.
(c) A new smokers' magazine.
(d) A new slogan for the Academy.
14. What does the Captain say Nick should ask Lutch to do in return for the Academy's money in Chapter 14?
(a) Return to the Agglomerated Tobacco family.
(c) Stay quiet.
(d) Be in a new advertisement.
15. In Chapter 21, what does BR inform Nick the the FBI wants to look at?
(a) His business receipts.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His day planner.
(d) His phone records.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous product from Senator Finisterre's state does Nick decry in Chapter 20?
2. What type of restaurant does the MOD Squad meet at in Chapter 26?
3. Why is Nick not seated near Senator Finisterre on Nightline in Chapter 20?
4. What is the name of the hotel where Nick is staying in Chapter 17?
5. In Chapter 20, what does Senator Finisterre want to put on cigarette packs?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)