|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what does Senator Finisterre want to put on cigarette packs?
(a) A child-proof lock.
(b) An odorous sealant.
(c) A solid black wrapping.
(d) A skull and crossbones.
2. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
(a) A salary.
(b) An investment.
(c) A gift.
(d) A bribe.
3. Why is the cab driver nervous about being tailed as he drives Nick in Chapter 25?
(a) His brother is in the country illegally.
(b) He does not have a license.
(c) He is Muslim.
(d) He is a paranoid schizophrenic.
4. What conclusion about the deal does Nick give Jeff Megall at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) He is sure the Academy is on board.
(b) They are on if Jeff can guarantee a sequel.
(c) The Academy will not accept the deal.
(d) He will have to get back to him.
5. In Chapter 19, how much money does Jeff Megall say the studio requires for both the stars to smoke?
(a) 750 thousand.
(b) 10 million.
(c) One billion,
(d) 27 million.
6. Who has recently interviewed Polly in Chapter 20?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Dan Rather.
(d) Heather Holloway.
7. How does Jeff Megall describe the film he wants to integrate smoking into in Chapter 17?
(a) An erotic family-drama.
(b) A prestige buddy-comedy.
(c) A futuristic thriller-comedy.
(d) A romantic revisionist western.
8. What does Nick leave behind when he goes into Lorne's house in Chapter 18?
(a) His gun.
(b) His security.
(c) The money.
(d) His son.
9. Why is the Sultan of Glutan a controversial figure?
(a) He has been accused of perpetrating genocide.
(b) He has over a hundred wives.
(c) He is suspecting of financing terror groups.
(d) He recently slapped the President.
10. In Chapter 26, how does Nick explain the plane ticket purchased on his card to the FBI?
(a) His wallet was stolen.
(b) He was buying it for a friend.
(c) He bought it before he was arrested.
(d) He forgot about his bail agreement.
11. What do both Senator Plum and Nick imply about the nico-terrorists in Chapter 22?
(a) The work for Senator Finisterre.
(b) They work for the Academy.
(c) They are employees of OSAP.
(d) They are already dead.
12. Where does BR send Nick in Chapter 16 to meet Lady Bent?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
13. What do the FBI agents find in Nick's apartment in Chapter 22?
(a) A copy of a nico-terrorist manual.
(b) He doesn't know.
(d) Jeannette's purse.
14. In Chapter 25, who does Nick pretend to be to get into Captain's hospital room?
(a) His cariologist.
(b) His grandson.
(c) A janitor.
(d) His lawyer.
15. At the end of Chapter 25, what does the Captain offer Nick money for?
(a) To burn the K Street office down.
(b) To kill BR.
(c) To take the fall with the FBI.
(d) To be his new mole in the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new does Gomez deliver to Nick at the end of Chapter 18?
2. On Nick's flight to LA in Chapter 17, who makes a nasty comment to him?
3. Who tells Nick that the Captain has died in Chapter 26?
4. Who does Nick find in his office in Chapter 25?
5. What is the name of grassroots smoking group Nick speaks in front to in Chapter 16?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)