|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Jeannette give Nick at dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) The Captain is dying.
(b) Finisterre is introducing new tobacco legislation.
(c) Gordon Craighead was behind his abduction.
(d) BR is thinking of leaving the Academy.
2. What does Jeff Megall send to pick up Nick instead of a Mustang in Chapter 17?
(a) A town car.
(b) A vespa.
(c) A Smart car.
(d) A limo.
3. What type of restaurant does the MOD Squad meet at in Chapter 26?
(a) A Turkish restaurant.
(b) A Moroccan restaurant.
(c) A Polish restaurant.
(d) A Serbian restaurant.
4. Who poses as a policeman and removes Nick from the Captain's funeral at the end of Chapter 26?
(b) Bobby Jay Bliss.
(c) The lead nico-terrorist.
(d) Gomez O'Neal.
5. What does Nick indignantly argue with the MOD Squad in Chapter 13?
(a) His lobby is more powerful.
(b) His product kills more people.
(c) His life is still in danger.
(d) His media presence is stronger.
6. What topic does Bernie the masseuse babble on about in Chapter 17?
(a) Rain forests.
(b) Exchange rates.
(c) The Cold War.
7. What conclusion about the deal does Nick give Jeff Megall at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) He is sure the Academy is on board.
(b) They are on if Jeff can guarantee a sequel.
(c) He will have to get back to him.
(d) The Academy will not accept the deal.
8. Which of the following characters does not leave a message for Nick while he is having sex with Jeannette in Chapter 21?
(b) The Captain.
9. What new does Gomez deliver to Nick at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) The nico-terrorists have been killed.
(b) BR is going to promote him to executive status.
(c) Lorne Lutch has cancelled a speaking engagement.
(d) He will be fired in the morning.
10. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) The Welsh.
(b) Striking coal miners.
(c) Tory reformers.
(d) The IRA.
11. How does Nick physically react to the cigarette he smokes in Chapter 13?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He gets dizzy.
(d) He has no adverse reaction.
12. What type of farm does Lorne Lutch have?
(a) A cabbage farm.
(b) A soybean farm.
(c) A turnip farm.
(d) An avocado farm.
13. In Chapter 24, Carlinsky tells Nick the FBI found a key in his apartment. What is the key give access to?
(a) A cabin in Virginia.
(b) An apartment in Baltimore.
(c) A van registered in Maryland.
(d) A safe deposit box in Juarez.
14. In Chapter 13, what is every member of the Academy told they will have to attend?
(a) A press interaction seminal.
(b) An anti-terrorism retreat.
(c) A Nick Naylor interview retrospective.
(d) A self-defense class.
15. What does Nick leave behind when he goes into Lorne's house in Chapter 18?
(a) The money.
(b) His security.
(c) His gun.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain do for Nick at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What does the Captain want Lady Bents speaking against publicly in Chapter 16?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Nick is staying in Chapter 17?
4. In Chapter 21, what does BR inform Nick the the FBI wants to look at?
5. In Chapter 15, what idea does Jeannette have when she comes to Nick's office?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)