|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impressive feet does the actress do in footage Nick watches with Jeff Megall in Chapter 23?
(a) Blow a smoke ring around the actor's penis.
(b) Exhale smoke from her gills.
(c) Smoke an entire cigarette in one inhalation.
(d) Smoke in her sleep.
2. What type of restaurant does the MOD Squad meet at in Chapter 26?
(a) A Turkish restaurant.
(b) A Serbian restaurant.
(c) A Moroccan restaurant.
(d) A Polish restaurant.
3. Who does Nick imagine making love to atop the nude tableau of Chapter 15?
(b) Polly Bailey.
(d) Heather Holloway.
4. What cryptic comment does Gomez O'Neal make to Nick at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Trust no one.
(b) Lay low.
(c) Meet in public places.
(d) Watch your back.
5. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
(a) A gift.
(b) A bribe.
(c) A salary.
(d) An investment.
6. How does Jeff Megall describe the film he wants to integrate smoking into in Chapter 17?
(a) A prestige buddy-comedy.
(b) An erotic family-drama.
(c) A futuristic thriller-comedy.
(d) A romantic revisionist western.
7. In Chapter 15, what idea does Jeannette have when she comes to Nick's office?
(a) A new slogan for the Academy.
(b) A new smokers' magazine.
(c) A new ad campaign
(d) A new type of chewing tobacco.
8. Why is Penelope Bent famous?
(a) She was the CEO of Union Carbide.
(b) She was a popular Tory pundit in the 1970's.
(c) She was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
(d) She was Miss World in 1987.
9. What does the Captain say Nick should ask Lutch to do in return for the Academy's money in Chapter 14?
(a) Return to the Agglomerated Tobacco family.
(b) Stay quiet.
(c) Be in a new advertisement.
10. What does Heather tell Nick when she calls him back in Chapter 15?
(a) She got the job at the Sun.
(b) The Moon is doing a follow-up on him.
(c) She cannot make it to dinner.
(d) They have to stop meeting.
11. In what market does BR push Nick to do more interviews in Chapter 13?
(a) The British market.
(b) The South American market.
(c) The Asian market.
(d) The Continental European market.
12. At the end of Chapter 25, what does the Captain offer Nick money for?
(a) To take the fall with the FBI.
(b) To burn the K Street office down.
(c) To be his new mole in the office.
(d) To kill BR.
13. Who does Nick find in his office in Chapter 25?
(b) The FBI.
(d) The Captain.
14. What type of farm does Lorne Lutch have?
(a) A soybean farm.
(b) A cabbage farm.
(c) A turnip farm.
(d) An avocado farm.
15. In Chapter 13, what is every member of the Academy told they will have to attend?
(a) A Nick Naylor interview retrospective.
(b) A press interaction seminal.
(c) A self-defense class.
(d) An anti-terrorism retreat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does BR send Nick in Chapter 16 to meet Lady Bent?
2. What news does Carlinsky give Nick in Chapter 26?
3. Who does Nick recommend for Lorne's CNN press conference in Chapter 18?
4. What reason does Nick give the viceroy in Chapter 16 for needing to speak in the bathroom?
5. How does Nick physically react to the cigarette he smokes in Chapter 13?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)