|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, which of the following is not an odd sexual proclivity of Jeannette's?
(a) She uses dozens of condoms.
(b) She keeps all the lights off.
(c) She ties Nick up.
(d) She makes animal noises.
2. In Chapter 20, what does Senator Finisterre want to put on cigarette packs?
(a) An odorous sealant.
(b) A solid black wrapping.
(c) A child-proof lock.
(d) A skull and crossbones.
3. How does Jeff Megall describe the film he wants to integrate smoking into in Chapter 17?
(a) An erotic family-drama.
(b) A prestige buddy-comedy.
(c) A futuristic thriller-comedy.
(d) A romantic revisionist western.
4. How does Nick physically react to the cigarette he smokes in Chapter 13?
(a) He gets dizzy.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He has no adverse reaction.
(d) He passes out.
5. What conclusion about the deal does Nick give Jeff Megall at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) He is sure the Academy is on board.
(b) The Academy will not accept the deal.
(c) They are on if Jeff can guarantee a sequel.
(d) He will have to get back to him.
6. Who has recently interviewed Polly in Chapter 20?
(a) Dan Rather.
(b) Heather Holloway.
(c) The FBI.
7. What response to the probably passage of the skull-and-crossbones label does Nick suggest in Chapter 22?
(a) Putting the label on the back of the pack.
(b) Making the label as small as possible.
(c) Making the label transparent.
(d) Designing their own skull.
8. In Chapter 13, what words does Sven subliminally embed int he anti-smoking ad he makes for the Academy?
(a) Light one up.
(b) Smoking is right.
(c) Chicks dig smoke.
(d) Cigarettes are cool.
9. What news does Carlinsky give Nick in Chapter 26?
(a) Nick has been fired by the Academy.
(b) Nick's attackers have been found.
(c) Nick is to be arrested for breaking bond.
(d) Nick has been cleared of all charges.
10. Whose birthday is Jeff Megall unsure if he is attending in Chapter 19?
(a) Jack Valenti's.
(b) Mace McQuade's.
(c) His son's.
(d) The President's.
11. Who tells Nick that the Captain has died in Chapter 26?
(a) Gomez O'Neal.
12. What reason does Nick give the viceroy in Chapter 16 for needing to speak in the bathroom?
(a) He wants to be alone with Viceroy.
(b) He wants to avoid being recorded.
(c) He needs to multitask.
(d) He doesn't want Lady Bent to hear.
13. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) Tory reformers.
(b) The IRA.
(c) Striking coal miners.
(d) The Welsh.
14. Who does Nick recommend for Lorne's CNN press conference in Chapter 18?
(a) Bonnie Dalton.
(b) Christienne Amanpour.
(c) Anderson Cooper.
(d) Wolf Blitzer.
15. In Chapter 21, what does BR inform Nick the the FBI wants to look at?
(a) His apartment.
(b) His day planner.
(c) His business receipts.
(d) His phone records.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Bernie the masseuse babble on about in Chapter 17?
2. In Chapter 24, Carlinsky tells Nick the FBI found a key in his apartment. What is the key give access to?
3. What cryptic comment does Gomez O'Neal make to Nick at the end of Chapter 13?
4. What is Nick looking at in Chapter 15 when he imagines a vast nude tableau?
5. Why is the Captain in the hospital in Chapter 14?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)