|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Senator Plum and Nick imply about the nico-terrorists in Chapter 22?
(a) They are employees of OSAP.
(b) They work for the Academy.
(c) The work for Senator Finisterre.
(d) They are already dead.
2. What recommendation does the Captain make to Nick in a call in Chapter 23?
(a) He should suspend all public statements.
(b) He should remain in Los Angeles.
(c) He should leave the Academy.
(d) He should retain a lawyer.
3. Who does Nick find in his office in Chapter 25?
(b) The Captain.
(d) The FBI.
4. Why is the Sultan of Glutan a controversial figure?
(a) He is suspecting of financing terror groups.
(b) He has been accused of perpetrating genocide.
(c) He recently slapped the President.
(d) He has over a hundred wives.
5. On Nick's flight to LA in Chapter 17, who makes a nasty comment to him?
(a) A producer.
(b) A general.
(c) A Senator.
(d) A diplomat.
6. Where does BR send Nick in Chapter 16 to meet Lady Bent?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
7. Who tells Nick that the Captain has died in Chapter 26?
(d) Gomez O'Neal.
8. In Chapter 13, what words does Sven subliminally embed int he anti-smoking ad he makes for the Academy?
(a) Smoking is right.
(b) Cigarettes are cool.
(c) Chicks dig smoke.
(d) Light one up.
9. What does the Captain want Lady Bents speaking against publicly in Chapter 16?
(a) A tobacco tariff.
(b) English pub smoking bans.
(c) Increased Canadian health regulations.
(d) Pacific trade regulations.
10. What does Heather tell Nick when she calls him back in Chapter 15?
(a) She got the job at the Sun.
(b) The Moon is doing a follow-up on him.
(c) They have to stop meeting.
(d) She cannot make it to dinner.
11. At the end of Chapter 25, what does the Captain offer Nick money for?
(a) To take the fall with the FBI.
(b) To kill BR.
(c) To burn the K Street office down.
(d) To be his new mole in the office.
12. Why did the Captain place a spy in BR's office?
(a) To see if BR was embezzling money.
(b) To see if BR was stealing company supplies.
(c) To see if BR and Jeannette were sleeping together.
(d) To see if BR was selling Academy secrets to the press.
13. In Chapter 24, Carlinsky tells Nick the FBI found a key in his apartment. What is the key give access to?
(a) A van registered in Maryland.
(b) A cabin in Virginia.
(c) An apartment in Baltimore.
(d) A safe deposit box in Juarez.
14. In Chapter 15, which of the following is not an odd sexual proclivity of Jeannette's?
(a) She keeps all the lights off.
(b) She makes animal noises.
(c) She uses dozens of condoms.
(d) She ties Nick up.
15. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) The Welsh.
(b) Striking coal miners.
(c) The IRA.
(d) Tory reformers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how much money does Jeff Megall say the studio requires for both the stars to smoke?
2. What response to the probably passage of the skull-and-crossbones label does Nick suggest in Chapter 22?
3. In Chapter 25, who does Nick pretend to be to get into Captain's hospital room?
4. Whom does Nick blame on the the investigation when Heather calls him in Chapter 23?
5. To what does Nick liken the speech BR gives at the beginning Chapter 13?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)