|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Jeannette give Nick at dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Finisterre is introducing new tobacco legislation.
(b) Gordon Craighead was behind his abduction.
(c) BR is thinking of leaving the Academy.
(d) The Captain is dying.
2. What does the Captain ask Nick to do regarding Lorne Lutch in Chapter 13?
(a) Bribe him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Interview with him on Good Morning America.
3. How does Nick physically react to the cigarette he smokes in Chapter 13?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He has no adverse reaction.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He gets dizzy.
4. What cryptic comment does Gomez O'Neal make to Nick at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Lay low.
(b) Trust no one.
(c) Watch your back.
(d) Meet in public places.
5. What new does Gomez deliver to Nick at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Lorne Lutch has cancelled a speaking engagement.
(b) BR is going to promote him to executive status.
(c) He will be fired in the morning.
(d) The nico-terrorists have been killed.
6. Why is Penelope Bent famous?
(a) She was Miss World in 1987.
(b) She was a popular Tory pundit in the 1970's.
(c) She was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
(d) She was the CEO of Union Carbide.
7. In Chapter 23, what PBS personality is the Naylor's favorite skull from Sven modeled?
(a) Big Bird.
(b) Jim Lehrer.
(c) Thomas the Tank Engine.
(d) Mr. Rogers.
8. What news does Carlinsky give Nick in Chapter 26?
(a) Nick is to be arrested for breaking bond.
(b) Nick's attackers have been found.
(c) Nick has been cleared of all charges.
(d) Nick has been fired by the Academy.
9. In Chapter 24, Carlinsky tells Nick the FBI found a key in his apartment. What is the key give access to?
(a) A van registered in Maryland.
(b) An apartment in Baltimore.
(c) A cabin in Virginia.
(d) A safe deposit box in Juarez.
10. Where does BR send Nick in Chapter 16 to meet Lady Bent?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. In Chapter 13, what words does Sven subliminally embed int he anti-smoking ad he makes for the Academy?
(a) Smoking is right.
(b) Chicks dig smoke.
(c) Light one up.
(d) Cigarettes are cool.
12. In what market does BR push Nick to do more interviews in Chapter 13?
(a) The British market.
(b) The Continental European market.
(c) The South American market.
(d) The Asian market.
13. To what does Nick liken the speech BR gives at the beginning Chapter 13?
(a) A eulogy.
(b) A battlefield address.
(c) A state of the union.
(d) An inaugural speech.
14. At the end of Chapter 25, what does the Captain offer Nick money for?
(a) To be his new mole in the office.
(b) To burn the K Street office down.
(c) To kill BR.
(d) To take the fall with the FBI.
15. What reason does Nick give the viceroy in Chapter 16 for needing to speak in the bathroom?
(a) He needs to multitask.
(b) He wants to be alone with Viceroy.
(c) He wants to avoid being recorded.
(d) He doesn't want Lady Bent to hear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nick looking at in Chapter 15 when he imagines a vast nude tableau?
2. Who poses as a policeman and removes Nick from the Captain's funeral at the end of Chapter 26?
3. Who does Nick find in his office in Chapter 25?
4. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
5. What response to the probably passage of the skull-and-crossbones label does Nick suggest in Chapter 22?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)