|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recommendation does the Captain make to Nick in a call in Chapter 23?
(a) He should leave the Academy.
(b) He should remain in Los Angeles.
(c) He should retain a lawyer.
(d) He should suspend all public statements.
2. Whom does Nick blame on the the investigation when Heather calls him in Chapter 23?
(a) Lady Dent.
(b) Gordon Craighead.
(d) Senator Finisterre.
3. Why is Nick hesitant about letting Monmaney and Allman into his apartment in Chapter 22?
(a) He has hash brownies in the freezer.
(b) He fears evidence may have been planted there.
(c) He worries Jeannette left her clothes there.
(d) He hasn't cleaned in weeks.
4. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
(a) A bribe.
(b) A salary.
(c) A gift.
(d) An investment.
5. What is the name of the hotel where Nick is staying in Chapter 17?
(a) The Encomium.
(b) The Rialto.
(c) The Iosis.
(d) The Levitas.
6. Mentioned in Chapter 23, what is the name of the cigarette's popular in urban communities?
(a) Re-Upp cigarettes.
(b) Psyche cigarettes.
(c) Death cigarettes.
(d) Game cigarettes.
7. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) The Welsh.
(b) Striking coal miners.
(c) The IRA.
(d) Tory reformers.
8. Why is Nick not seated near Senator Finisterre on Nightline in Chapter 20?
(a) Nick wants to be near the medical experts.
(b) The Senator refuses to sit near him.
(c) Every guest is in a separate studio.
(d) The Senator is live via satellite from Cairo.
9. Why is Penelope Bent famous?
(a) She was Miss World in 1987.
(b) She was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
(c) She was a popular Tory pundit in the 1970's.
(d) She was the CEO of Union Carbide.
10. What does the Captain do for Nick at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) He sends him a bottle of fine bourbon.
(b) He invites him to his summer-home in the Hamptons.
(c) He gives him a new television.
(d) He raises his salary.
11. What were the boxes of condoms what Jeannette kept handing Nick during sex?
(a) Boxes for firearm rounds.
(b) Tampon boxes.
(c) Nicotine patch boxes.
(d) Cereal boxes.
12. Who has recently interviewed Polly in Chapter 20?
(a) Dan Rather.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Heather Holloway.
13. Who does Nick imagine making love to atop the nude tableau of Chapter 15?
(c) Polly Bailey.
(d) Heather Holloway.
14. In Chapter 15, what idea does Jeannette have when she comes to Nick's office?
(a) A new slogan for the Academy.
(b) A new ad campaign
(c) A new type of chewing tobacco.
(d) A new smokers' magazine.
15. What response to the probably passage of the skull-and-crossbones label does Nick suggest in Chapter 22?
(a) Designing their own skull.
(b) Putting the label on the back of the pack.
(c) Making the label transparent.
(d) Making the label as small as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain ask Nick to do regarding Lorne Lutch in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 23, what PBS personality is the Naylor's favorite skull from Sven modeled?
3. What does Nick leave behind when he goes into Lorne's house in Chapter 18?
4. What do the FBI agents find in Nick's apartment in Chapter 22?
5. What does Heather tell Nick when she calls him back in Chapter 15?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)