|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Penelope Bent famous?
(a) She was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
(b) She was the CEO of Union Carbide.
(c) She was a popular Tory pundit in the 1970's.
(d) She was Miss World in 1987.
2. What does the Captain want Lady Bents speaking against publicly in Chapter 16?
(a) Increased Canadian health regulations.
(b) English pub smoking bans.
(c) Pacific trade regulations.
(d) A tobacco tariff.
3. Why did the Captain place a spy in BR's office?
(a) To see if BR and Jeannette were sleeping together.
(b) To see if BR was embezzling money.
(c) To see if BR was stealing company supplies.
(d) To see if BR was selling Academy secrets to the press.
4. Who has recently interviewed Polly in Chapter 20?
(b) Heather Holloway.
(c) Dan Rather.
(d) The FBI.
5. In Chapter 17, what does Jack Bein do to kill time with Nick while they wait for Jeff to be ready?
(a) He screens an unreleased film for Nick.
(b) He gives Nick a tour of the office.
(c) He serves Nick a Japanese breakfast.
(d) He tells Nick about his childhood.
6. What dangerous product from Senator Finisterre's state does Nick decry in Chapter 20?
(a) Cheddar cheese.
(b) Root beer.
(c) Baby formula.
7. How does Jeff Megall describe the film he wants to integrate smoking into in Chapter 17?
(a) A prestige buddy-comedy.
(b) A futuristic thriller-comedy.
(c) An erotic family-drama.
(d) A romantic revisionist western.
8. Who does Nick find in his office in Chapter 25?
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Captain.
9. Which character in this section attempts to get information about Nick's case from contacts at the FBI?
(a) Bobby Jay Bliss.
(b) The Captain.
(c) Gomez O'Neal.
(d) Jeff Megall.
10. On Nick's flight to LA in Chapter 17, who makes a nasty comment to him?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) A producer.
(c) A general.
(d) A Senator.
11. Whose birthday is Jeff Megall unsure if he is attending in Chapter 19?
(a) The President's.
(b) Jack Valenti's.
(c) His son's.
(d) Mace McQuade's.
12. To what does Nick liken the speech BR gives at the beginning Chapter 13?
(a) An inaugural speech.
(b) A eulogy.
(c) A state of the union.
(d) A battlefield address.
13. What type of farm does Lorne Lutch have?
(a) A cabbage farm.
(b) An avocado farm.
(c) A turnip farm.
(d) A soybean farm.
14. What impressive feet does the actress do in footage Nick watches with Jeff Megall in Chapter 23?
(a) Exhale smoke from her gills.
(b) Smoke an entire cigarette in one inhalation.
(c) Smoke in her sleep.
(d) Blow a smoke ring around the actor's penis.
15. At the end of Chapter 25, what does the Captain offer Nick money for?
(a) To kill BR.
(b) To take the fall with the FBI.
(c) To be his new mole in the office.
(d) To burn the K Street office down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain say Nick should ask Lutch to do in return for the Academy's money in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 13, what is every member of the Academy told they will have to attend?
3. Why is the cab driver nervous about being tailed as he drives Nick in Chapter 25?
4. Why is Polly short-tempered in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 21, what does BR inform Nick the the FBI wants to look at?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)