|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Nick is staying in Chapter 17?
(a) The Rialto.
(b) The Levitas.
(c) The Encomium.
(d) The Iosis.
2. What topic does Bernie the masseuse babble on about in Chapter 17?
(a) Rain forests.
(b) Exchange rates.
(d) The Cold War.
3. What conclusion about the deal does Nick give Jeff Megall at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) He is sure the Academy is on board.
(b) They are on if Jeff can guarantee a sequel.
(c) The Academy will not accept the deal.
(d) He will have to get back to him.
4. What is the name of grassroots smoking group Nick speaks in front to in Chapter 16?
(a) First Mates.
(b) Sons of Winston-Salem.
5. What type of restaurant does the MOD Squad meet at in Chapter 26?
(a) A Turkish restaurant.
(b) A Serbian restaurant.
(c) A Polish restaurant.
(d) A Moroccan restaurant.
6. In Chapter 26, how does Nick explain the plane ticket purchased on his card to the FBI?
(a) He bought it before he was arrested.
(b) His wallet was stolen.
(c) He was buying it for a friend.
(d) He forgot about his bail agreement.
7. Why is Polly short-tempered in Chapter 13?
(a) She has a migraine.
(b) Her ex wants to get back together.
(c) The Moderation Council has been getting bad press.
(d) She might be getting fired.
8. At the end of Chapter 25, what does the Captain offer Nick money for?
(a) To be his new mole in the office.
(b) To take the fall with the FBI.
(c) To burn the K Street office down.
(d) To kill BR.
9. What does BR order Nick to do at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) Pack his things.
(b) Take a leave of absence.
(c) Go to Winston-Salem.
(d) Surrender himself to the FBI.
10. Why is Penelope Bent famous?
(a) She was the CEO of Union Carbide.
(b) She was Miss World in 1987.
(c) She was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
(d) She was a popular Tory pundit in the 1970's.
11. In Chapter 17, what does Jack Bein do to kill time with Nick while they wait for Jeff to be ready?
(a) He tells Nick about his childhood.
(b) He serves Nick a Japanese breakfast.
(c) He gives Nick a tour of the office.
(d) He screens an unreleased film for Nick.
12. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
(a) An investment.
(b) A salary.
(c) A gift.
(d) A bribe.
13. What impressive feet does the actress do in footage Nick watches with Jeff Megall in Chapter 23?
(a) Exhale smoke from her gills.
(b) Blow a smoke ring around the actor's penis.
(c) Smoke an entire cigarette in one inhalation.
(d) Smoke in her sleep.
14. To what does Nick liken the speech BR gives at the beginning Chapter 13?
(a) An inaugural speech.
(b) A battlefield address.
(c) A state of the union.
(d) A eulogy.
15. What recommendation does the Captain make to Nick in a call in Chapter 23?
(a) He should leave the Academy.
(b) He should suspend all public statements.
(c) He should remain in Los Angeles.
(d) He should retain a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what idea does Jeannette have when she comes to Nick's office?
2. In Chapter 13, what words does Sven subliminally embed int he anti-smoking ad he makes for the Academy?
3. Whom does Nick blame on the the investigation when Heather calls him in Chapter 23?
4. In Chapter 13, what is every member of the Academy told they will have to attend?
5. In Chapter 23, what PBS personality is the Naylor's favorite skull from Sven modeled?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)