|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what market does BR push Nick to do more interviews in Chapter 13?
(a) The South American market.
(b) The Asian market.
(c) The Continental European market.
(d) The British market.
2. Where does BR send Nick in Chapter 16 to meet Lady Bent?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. Who is arrested along with Nick in Chapter 24?
(b) Jeff Megall.
(c) His security detail.
(d) Bobby Jay Bliss.
4. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) The IRA.
(b) The Welsh.
(c) Tory reformers.
(d) Striking coal miners.
5. What do both Senator Plum and Nick imply about the nico-terrorists in Chapter 22?
(a) They are already dead.
(b) They are employees of OSAP.
(c) They work for the Academy.
(d) The work for Senator Finisterre.
6. Who does Nick imagine making love to atop the nude tableau of Chapter 15?
(a) Polly Bailey.
(d) Heather Holloway.
7. To what does Nick liken the speech BR gives at the beginning Chapter 13?
(a) A battlefield address.
(b) A state of the union.
(c) A eulogy.
(d) An inaugural speech.
8. What does Heather tell Nick when she calls him back in Chapter 15?
(a) She got the job at the Sun.
(b) The Moon is doing a follow-up on him.
(c) She cannot make it to dinner.
(d) They have to stop meeting.
9. Why is Nick hesitant about letting Monmaney and Allman into his apartment in Chapter 22?
(a) He hasn't cleaned in weeks.
(b) He fears evidence may have been planted there.
(c) He worries Jeannette left her clothes there.
(d) He has hash brownies in the freezer.
10. In Chapter 17, what does Jack Bein do to kill time with Nick while they wait for Jeff to be ready?
(a) He serves Nick a Japanese breakfast.
(b) He screens an unreleased film for Nick.
(c) He tells Nick about his childhood.
(d) He gives Nick a tour of the office.
11. How does Jeff Megall describe the film he wants to integrate smoking into in Chapter 17?
(a) A prestige buddy-comedy.
(b) A romantic revisionist western.
(c) A futuristic thriller-comedy.
(d) An erotic family-drama.
12. What new does Gomez deliver to Nick at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) The nico-terrorists have been killed.
(b) Lorne Lutch has cancelled a speaking engagement.
(c) BR is going to promote him to executive status.
(d) He will be fired in the morning.
13. Which of the following characters does not leave a message for Nick while he is having sex with Jeannette in Chapter 21?
(c) The Captain.
14. In Chapter 21, what does BR inform Nick the the FBI wants to look at?
(a) His phone records.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His business receipts.
(d) His day planner.
15. What do the FBI agents find in Nick's apartment in Chapter 22?
(a) He doesn't know.
(c) A copy of a nico-terrorist manual.
(d) Jeannette's purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain do for Nick at the end of Chapter 16?
2. In Chapter 15, which of the following is not an odd sexual proclivity of Jeannette's?
3. Why did the Captain place a spy in BR's office?
4. Which character in this section attempts to get information about Nick's case from contacts at the FBI?
5. In Chapter 13, what words does Sven subliminally embed int he anti-smoking ad he makes for the Academy?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)