|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, how does Nick explain the plane ticket purchased on his card to the FBI?
(a) He was buying it for a friend.
(b) He bought it before he was arrested.
(c) He forgot about his bail agreement.
(d) His wallet was stolen.
2. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) Striking coal miners.
(b) The Welsh.
(c) Tory reformers.
(d) The IRA.
3. What conclusion about the deal does Nick give Jeff Megall at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) He will have to get back to him.
(b) He is sure the Academy is on board.
(c) They are on if Jeff can guarantee a sequel.
(d) The Academy will not accept the deal.
4. What response to the probably passage of the skull-and-crossbones label does Nick suggest in Chapter 22?
(a) Making the label as small as possible.
(b) Putting the label on the back of the pack.
(c) Making the label transparent.
(d) Designing their own skull.
5. What does the Captain do for Nick at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) He sends him a bottle of fine bourbon.
(b) He gives him a new television.
(c) He invites him to his summer-home in the Hamptons.
(d) He raises his salary.
6. How does Jeff Megall describe the film he wants to integrate smoking into in Chapter 17?
(a) A futuristic thriller-comedy.
(b) A prestige buddy-comedy.
(c) A romantic revisionist western.
(d) An erotic family-drama.
7. Why did the Captain place a spy in BR's office?
(a) To see if BR was embezzling money.
(b) To see if BR and Jeannette were sleeping together.
(c) To see if BR was selling Academy secrets to the press.
(d) To see if BR was stealing company supplies.
8. In Chapter 13, what is every member of the Academy told they will have to attend?
(a) A self-defense class.
(b) A press interaction seminal.
(c) An anti-terrorism retreat.
(d) A Nick Naylor interview retrospective.
9. What does the Captain want Lady Bents speaking against publicly in Chapter 16?
(a) A tobacco tariff.
(b) Increased Canadian health regulations.
(c) English pub smoking bans.
(d) Pacific trade regulations.
10. What topic does Bernie the masseuse babble on about in Chapter 17?
(b) Exchange rates.
(c) Rain forests.
(d) The Cold War.
11. Why is Nick hesitant about letting Monmaney and Allman into his apartment in Chapter 22?
(a) He fears evidence may have been planted there.
(b) He worries Jeannette left her clothes there.
(c) He hasn't cleaned in weeks.
(d) He has hash brownies in the freezer.
12. In Chapter 20, what does Senator Finisterre want to put on cigarette packs?
(a) A solid black wrapping.
(b) A skull and crossbones.
(c) A child-proof lock.
(d) An odorous sealant.
13. What do both Senator Plum and Nick imply about the nico-terrorists in Chapter 22?
(a) They are already dead.
(b) The work for Senator Finisterre.
(c) They work for the Academy.
(d) They are employees of OSAP.
14. Which character in this section attempts to get information about Nick's case from contacts at the FBI?
(a) Bobby Jay Bliss.
(b) Gomez O'Neal.
(c) The Captain.
(d) Jeff Megall.
15. What is the name of the hotel where Nick is staying in Chapter 17?
(a) The Rialto.
(b) The Iosis.
(c) The Levitas.
(d) The Encomium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mentioned in Chapter 23, what is the name of the cigarette's popular in urban communities?
2. What dangerous product from Senator Finisterre's state does Nick decry in Chapter 20?
3. In Chapter 15, what idea does Jeannette have when she comes to Nick's office?
4. What news does Jeannette give Nick at dinner in Chapter 15?
5. What news does Carlinsky give Nick in Chapter 26?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)