|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Carlinsky give Nick in Chapter 26?
(a) Nick is to be arrested for breaking bond.
(b) Nick has been fired by the Academy.
(c) Nick's attackers have been found.
(d) Nick has been cleared of all charges.
2. In Chapter 13, what words does Sven subliminally embed int he anti-smoking ad he makes for the Academy?
(a) Smoking is right.
(b) Light one up.
(c) Cigarettes are cool.
(d) Chicks dig smoke.
3. What is the name of grassroots smoking group Nick speaks in front to in Chapter 16?
(a) First Mates.
(b) Sons of Winston-Salem.
4. In what market does BR push Nick to do more interviews in Chapter 13?
(a) The Continental European market.
(b) The Asian market.
(c) The British market.
(d) The South American market.
5. Who does Nick find in his office in Chapter 25?
(a) The FBI.
(d) The Captain.
6. What does the Captain say Nick should ask Lutch to do in return for the Academy's money in Chapter 14?
(a) Be in a new advertisement.
(b) Return to the Agglomerated Tobacco family.
(d) Stay quiet.
7. What does BR order Nick to do at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) Surrender himself to the FBI.
(b) Pack his things.
(c) Take a leave of absence.
(d) Go to Winston-Salem.
8. To what does Nick liken the speech BR gives at the beginning Chapter 13?
(a) An inaugural speech.
(b) A state of the union.
(c) A battlefield address.
(d) A eulogy.
9. What does Heather tell Nick when she calls him back in Chapter 15?
(a) They have to stop meeting.
(b) The Moon is doing a follow-up on him.
(c) She got the job at the Sun.
(d) She cannot make it to dinner.
10. Who does Nick recommend for Lorne's CNN press conference in Chapter 18?
(a) Anderson Cooper.
(b) Bonnie Dalton.
(c) Wolf Blitzer.
(d) Christienne Amanpour.
11. How does Nick physically react to the cigarette he smokes in Chapter 13?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He has no adverse reaction.
(c) He gets dizzy.
(d) He passes out.
12. Who poses as a policeman and removes Nick from the Captain's funeral at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) The lead nico-terrorist.
(b) Bobby Jay Bliss.
(c) Gomez O'Neal.
13. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) The IRA.
(b) Tory reformers.
(c) The Welsh.
(d) Striking coal miners.
14. What recommendation does the Captain make to Nick in a call in Chapter 23?
(a) He should retain a lawyer.
(b) He should suspend all public statements.
(c) He should remain in Los Angeles.
(d) He should leave the Academy.
15. What does the Captain want Lady Bents speaking against publicly in Chapter 16?
(a) Increased Canadian health regulations.
(b) Pacific trade regulations.
(c) A tobacco tariff.
(d) English pub smoking bans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what crime does the Captain fear BR may be regularly committing?
2. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
3. Where does BR send Nick in Chapter 16 to meet Lady Bent?
4. Why is the cab driver nervous about being tailed as he drives Nick in Chapter 25?
5. When they first meet in person in Chapter 17, why does Jeff Megall say he wants to do business with the Academy?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)