|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion about the deal does Nick give Jeff Megall at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) They are on if Jeff can guarantee a sequel.
(b) He will have to get back to him.
(c) The Academy will not accept the deal.
(d) He is sure the Academy is on board.
2. Which of the following characters does not leave a message for Nick while he is having sex with Jeannette in Chapter 21?
(b) The Captain.
3. What does Nick leave behind when he goes into Lorne's house in Chapter 18?
(a) The money.
(b) His security.
(c) His son.
(d) His gun.
4. What does the Captain want Lady Bents speaking against publicly in Chapter 16?
(a) Increased Canadian health regulations.
(b) A tobacco tariff.
(c) English pub smoking bans.
(d) Pacific trade regulations.
5. In Chapter 21, what does BR inform Nick the the FBI wants to look at?
(a) His business receipts.
(b) His day planner.
(c) His phone records.
(d) His apartment.
6. How does Nick physically react to the cigarette he smokes in Chapter 13?
(a) He has no adverse reaction.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He gets dizzy.
7. Who does Nick recommend for Lorne's CNN press conference in Chapter 18?
(a) Wolf Blitzer.
(b) Anderson Cooper.
(c) Christienne Amanpour.
(d) Bonnie Dalton.
8. In Chapter 25, who does Nick pretend to be to get into Captain's hospital room?
(a) His grandson.
(b) His lawyer.
(c) His cariologist.
(d) A janitor.
9. What news does Carlinsky give Nick in Chapter 26?
(a) Nick has been cleared of all charges.
(b) Nick has been fired by the Academy.
(c) Nick is to be arrested for breaking bond.
(d) Nick's attackers have been found.
10. What does Heather tell Nick when she calls him back in Chapter 15?
(a) She cannot make it to dinner.
(b) She got the job at the Sun.
(c) The Moon is doing a follow-up on him.
(d) They have to stop meeting.
11. Who does Nick imagine making love to atop the nude tableau of Chapter 15?
(c) Polly Bailey.
(d) Heather Holloway.
12. Who does Nick find in his office in Chapter 25?
(c) The Captain.
(d) The FBI.
13. What does Nick indignantly argue with the MOD Squad in Chapter 13?
(a) His life is still in danger.
(b) His media presence is stronger.
(c) His product kills more people.
(d) His lobby is more powerful.
14. Who poses as a policeman and removes Nick from the Captain's funeral at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Bobby Jay Bliss.
(b) The lead nico-terrorist.
(c) Gomez O'Neal.
15. Why is the Sultan of Glutan a controversial figure?
(a) He has been accused of perpetrating genocide.
(b) He recently slapped the President.
(c) He has over a hundred wives.
(d) He is suspecting of financing terror groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cryptic comment does Gomez O'Neal make to Nick at the end of Chapter 13?
2. Whom does Nick blame on the the investigation when Heather calls him in Chapter 23?
3. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
4. What does the Captain do for Nick at the end of Chapter 16?
5. Why is Penelope Bent famous?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)