|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Naylor give the Captain for working at the Academy in Chapter 6?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) He loves cigarettes.
(c) He never wants to leae Washington, DC.
(d) He likes the challenge.
2. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
(a) He was medicated with pain killers.
(b) He is a heavy smoker.
(c) He was wearing sun tan lotion.
(d) He had too much coffee in his system.
3. Which Nazi leader does Gordon Craighead compare Nick to in Heather's article?
(a) Martin Bormann.
(b) Albert Speer.
(c) Adolf Eichmann.
(d) Joseph Goebbels.
4. In Chapter 5, who is Naylor is seated onstage next?
(b) Ron Goode.
(c) A kid dying of cancer.
(d) Gordon Craighead.
5. How long does B.R. give Naylor to come up with a new media plan for the Academy?
(a) The weekend.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One day.
6. With what fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway have an interview coming up in Chapter 12?
(a) Washington Sun.
(b) Los Angeles Press.
(c) Baltimore Reader.
(d) New York Courier.
7. How many nicotine patches are put on Nick's body in Chapter 11?
8. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
(a) Take it for himself.
(b) Outsource it to a consultancy.
(c) Do away with it.
(d) Give it to an ambitious colleague.
9. What type of medical specialist does Nick see in Chapter 10?
(a) A optometrist.
(b) A cardiologist.
(c) An osteopath.
(d) A gastroentrologist.
10. In Chapter 2, what contention does the shooting survivor Bliss interviews make?
(a) She is a better marksman than the killer.
(b) Guns are a blight on society.
(c) The tragedy could be avoided if she had a gun.
(d) The lunatic should never have been given a license.
11. What was Lorne Lutch's occupation before he got cancer?
(a) Tobacco executive.
(b) Tobacco farmer.
(d) Cigarette advertising icon.
12. Which John Wayne film does Naylor and his son watch at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) True Grit.
(b) The Longest Day.
(c) The Shootist.
(d) Sands of Iwo Jima.
13. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
(a) An old tobacco-man.
(b) A corporate hack.
(c) A ghost of a human being.
(d) A belligerant drunk.
14. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
(a) Hidden health benefits and internal corruption.
(b) Poorly-trained researchers and poorly-worded surveys.
(c) Divergent medical opinions and anti-industry bias.
(d) Insufficient test groups and foregone conclusions.
15. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
(a) A parent who had emphesema.
(b) A friend who lost a jaw from chewing tobacco.
(c) Her own struggle with lung disease.
(d) A relative who died of lung cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
2. What is Nick Naylor's title at the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
3. What does the MOD Squad regularly sneak Nick in Chapter 12?
4. What is written on the sign the nico-terrorist put on Nick in Chapter 12?
5. What is St. Euthanasius?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)