|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Naylor in Chapter 4, what invention in movies popularized smoking in them?
(b) Modern editing.
2. What news did Naylor accidentally announce on air as a television announcer?
(a) A major earthquake in California.
(b) A space-shuttle explosion.
(c) The death of the President.
(d) The launching of a nuclear strike.
3. What disguise does the nico-terrorist who sticks a gun in Nick's back in Chapter 11 wear?
(a) A security guard.
(b) A cab driver.
(c) A homeless person.
(d) A news-stand seller.
4. What is found in the mad shooter's car in at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A samuari sword.
(b) A picture of Nick Naylor.
(c) A copy of The Turner Diaries.
(d) A SAFETY card.
5. What international issue is Bailey's ex-boyfriend Hector fiercely concerned about?
(c) Debt forgiveness.
(d) Global warming.
6. Which lobby is not represented regularly in the MOD Squad lunches?
(c) Fast food.
7. How does Bobby Jay Bliss know Heather Holloway?
(a) She is his second cousin.
(b) She did a piece on his boss.
(c) She used to date him.
(d) They are in the same prayer group.
8. What is St. Euthanasius?
(a) A DC hospital where a young boy is dying of lung cancer.
(b) Nick Naylor's alma mater.
(c) Nick's son's boarding school.
(d) The church where Nick was married.
9. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Heather say attracts her to Nick?
(a) The way he smokes.
(b) His gift for rationalization.
(c) His preternatural cool.
(d) His absence of morality.
10. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
(a) Insufficient test groups and foregone conclusions.
(b) Hidden health benefits and internal corruption.
(c) Divergent medical opinions and anti-industry bias.
(d) Poorly-trained researchers and poorly-worded surveys.
11. What uncharacteristic act does BR take regarding Nick at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He gives him the day off.
(c) He publicly thanks him.
(d) He apologizes.
12. From what related business did B.R come to the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
(a) The United States Senate.
(b) Vending machines.
(c) Tobacco farmers.
13. From what state is the caller who announces he will kill Nick Naylor in Chapter 8?
(d) New York.
14. To whom is Bliss sending the video he made in Chapter 2?
(a) The President and the Speaker of the House.
(b) Every SAFETY member.
(c) Congress and the media.
(d) The Supreme Court.
15. What does Nick Naylor always eat at the MOD Squad lunches?
(a) Red snapper.
(b) Bacon cheeseburger.
(c) Steak and potatoes.
(d) Cobb Salad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Naylor say he regrets regarding Gazelle?
2. What type of medical condition has recently been linked to smoking in Chapter 1?
3. What request from Nick does Polly turn down at the end of Chapter 7?
4. Which famous public figure recently had a sex scandal explode in the restaurant where Nick meets Heather Holloway in Chapter 9?
5. What is Gazelle's position at the Academy?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)