|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
(a) He was wearing sun tan lotion.
(b) He is a heavy smoker.
(c) He had too much coffee in his system.
(d) He was medicated with pain killers.
2. With what fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway have an interview coming up in Chapter 12?
(a) Washington Sun.
(b) New York Courier.
(c) Los Angeles Press.
(d) Baltimore Reader.
3. What simple request does Nick Naylor make in Chapter 7 that prompts Gazelle to make a smart comment?
(a) He asks he to get him lunch.
(b) He asks for coffee.
(c) He asks her to collate some papers.
(d) He tells her to hold his calls.
4. Which coworker comes to Naylor's office with overly-excited praise in Chapter 7?
(c) Gomez O'Neal.
5. How does Naylor return to Washington D.C. at the end of Chapter 6?
(c) The Captain's private jet.
(d) A rental car.
6. How does Oprah treat Nick Naylor backstage in Chapter 5?
(a) She is confrontational.
(b) She is friendly.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She is flirty.
7. What does Naylor discover the Captain done for him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He has given him a larger office
(b) He has fired Jeannette.
(c) He has given him a new Lexus.
(d) He has doubled his salary.
8. What is Gazelle's position at the Academy?
(a) Nick Naylor's assistant.
(b) Chief Financial Officer.
(c) Head of the Reasearch Division.
(d) A lower-level spokesperson.
9. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
(a) A bloody mary.
(b) An old-fashioned.
(c) A mint julep.
(d) A scotch and water.
10. In Chapter 1, what adjective does B.R. use to describe Naylor's style of public relations?
11. How does Naylor open his appearance on the Oprah show in Chapter 5?
(a) By shaking Ron Goode's hand.
(b) With a joke.
(c) By giving everyone a free pack of cigarettes.
(d) By presents a pie chart.
12. What is the name of the conference at which Naylor is speaking in the Prologue?
(a) Smoke-Out United.
(b) Clean Lungs 2000.
(d) 3rd Annual Pulmonary Disease Institute Conference.
13. Which periodical requesting a quote from Nick Naylor in Chapter 1 annoys him?
(a) The Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
(b) Time Magazine.
(c) USA Today.
(d) The New York Times.
14. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
(a) Outsource it to a consultancy.
(b) Do away with it.
(c) Take it for himself.
(d) Give it to an ambitious colleague.
15. What does Nick imagine the two FBI agents interviewing him in Chapter 12 doing?
(a) Killing his assailants.
(b) Colluding with BR.
(c) Burning down the hospital.
(d) Kissing each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disguise does the nico-terrorist who sticks a gun in Nick's back in Chapter 11 wear?
2. What game does Nick play as he drives to St. Euthanasius in Chapter 10?
3. What type of medical condition has recently been linked to smoking in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 12, what do the two D.C. policeman think Nick is?
5. What airport is Naylor in when BR calls him in Chapter 6?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)