|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state is the caller who announces he will kill Nick Naylor in Chapter 8?
(a) New York.
2. Which famous public figure recently had a sex scandal explode in the restaurant where Nick meets Heather Holloway in Chapter 9?
(a) Senator Finisterre.
(b) Lorne Lutch.
(c) Jeff Megall.
(d) Gordon Craighead.
3. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
(a) A mint julep.
(b) A bloody mary.
(c) An old-fashioned.
(d) A scotch and water.
4. Which lobby is not represented regularly in the MOD Squad lunches?
(a) Fast food.
5. What does Bobby Jay Bliss and Polly bet on in Chapter 7?
(a) Whether Bobby Jay can get Carter to support gun rights.
(b) Whether Polly will take Hector back.
(c) Whose lunch is more expensive.
(d) Whether Naylor will reveal anything to Heather.
6. What is BR's reaction to Naylor's idea of reintroducing smoking in movies in Chapter 4?
(a) He is livid.
(b) He is underwhelmed.
(c) He is energized.
(d) He is compelled.
7. What news did Naylor accidentally announce on air as a television announcer?
(a) The launching of a nuclear strike.
(b) A major earthquake in California.
(c) The death of the President.
(d) A space-shuttle explosion.
8. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
(a) He was wearing sun tan lotion.
(b) He had too much coffee in his system.
(c) He is a heavy smoker.
(d) He was medicated with pain killers.
9. What uncharacteristic act does BR take regarding Nick at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He publicly thanks him.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He gives him the day off.
(d) He hugs him.
10. In Chapter 5, who is Naylor is seated onstage next?
(b) A kid dying of cancer.
(c) Gordon Craighead.
(d) Ron Goode.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does the Captain insist be done for Nick?
(a) He be moved to another office.
(b) He be put on temporary leave.
(c) He be given a gun.
(d) He be given a security detail.
12. Which of the following is an aspect that makes Polly Bailey particularly attractive?
(a) Her long legs.
(b) Her unusually large eyes.
(c) Her sexy rasp.
(d) Her curvy figure.
13. What does B.R. not do that is odd given his position at the Academy?
(a) He does not smoke.
(b) He does not read.
(c) He does not travel by air.
(d) He does not watch press conferences.
14. How does Oprah treat Nick Naylor backstage in Chapter 5?
(a) She is flirty.
(b) She is friendly.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She is confrontational.
15. In what House Committee did Polly Bailey begin her Washington, D.C. career?
(d) Ways and Means.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does the Captain live and work in?
2. What does Nick imagine the two FBI agents interviewing him in Chapter 12 doing?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
4. Who interviews Nick at the end of Chapter 12?
5. With what fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway have an interview coming up in Chapter 12?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)