|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway work for?
(a) Washington Sentinel.
(b) Washington Dealer.
(c) Washington Courier.
(d) Washington Moon.
2. What does Bobby Jay Bliss warn Naylor about Heather in Chapter 7?
(a) Don't get drunk around her.
(b) Don't offer to pay for dinner.
(c) Don't sleep with her.
(d) Don't speak off the record.
3. In Chapter 9, what words does Heather use to describe Nick's assertion that he works for tobacco to pay the rent?
(a) The moral equivalency principle.
(b) Fantastical disassociation.
(c) Aww-shucks rationalization.
(d) Yuppie Nuremberg defense.
4. How long does B.R. give Naylor to come up with a new media plan for the Academy?
(a) The weekend.
(b) One day.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
(a) Her own struggle with lung disease.
(b) A friend who lost a jaw from chewing tobacco.
(c) A parent who had emphesema.
(d) A relative who died of lung cancer.
6. What reason does Naylor give the Captain for working at the Academy in Chapter 6?
(a) He likes the challenge.
(b) He loves cigarettes.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) He never wants to leae Washington, DC.
7. What is Gazelle's position at the Academy?
(a) Chief Financial Officer.
(b) A lower-level spokesperson.
(c) Nick Naylor's assistant.
(d) Head of the Reasearch Division.
8. What type of medical specialist does Nick see in Chapter 10?
(a) An osteopath.
(b) A cardiologist.
(c) A optometrist.
(d) A gastroentrologist.
9. In Chapter 7, what does Naylor say he regrets regarding Gazelle?
(a) Hiring her.
(b) Yelling at her.
(c) Meeting her children.
(d) Sleeping with her.
10. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
(a) Outsource it to a consultancy.
(b) Do away with it.
(c) Give it to an ambitious colleague.
(d) Take it for himself.
11. In Chapter 9, what does Heather tell Nick is the topic of her article?
(a) Public relations challenges.
(c) The tobacco industry.
(d) Faustian bargains.
12. What does BR refuse from Naylor at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A cigarette.
(c) Small talk.
(d) A bribe.
13. For what organization did Carlton used to work?
(c) Department of Defense.
14. What game does Nick play as he drives to St. Euthanasius in Chapter 10?
(a) He looks for him name mentioned on AM radio.
(b) He tries to lose his security detail.
(c) He tries to make only left turns.
(d) He tries to find a Bee Gees song on the radio.
15. What word does Naylor use to describe the office's collective attitude toward him in the beginning of Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in the mad shooter's car in at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Which of the following is an aspect that makes Polly Bailey particularly attractive?
3. What does Naylor discover the Captain done for him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What international issue is Bailey's ex-boyfriend Hector fiercely concerned about?
5. Why is Nick feeling groggy in Chapter 11?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)