|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Naylor use to describe the office's collective attitude toward him in the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. What simple request does Nick Naylor make in Chapter 7 that prompts Gazelle to make a smart comment?
(a) He asks her to collate some papers.
(b) He asks for coffee.
(c) He tells her to hold his calls.
(d) He asks he to get him lunch.
3. What airport is Naylor in when BR calls him in Chapter 6?
4. What game does Nick play as he drives to St. Euthanasius in Chapter 10?
(a) He tries to make only left turns.
(b) He tries to find a Bee Gees song on the radio.
(c) He tries to lose his security detail.
(d) He looks for him name mentioned on AM radio.
5. What controversial move has Nick Naylor long been making regarding tobacco's public image?
(a) He wants to admit cigarettes are a health risk.
(b) He wants to freeze all public statements.
(c) He wants to say cigarettes are a good source of calcium.
(d) He wants to pay politicians to smoke in their ads.
6. What is written on the sign the nico-terrorist put on Nick in Chapter 12?
(a) King of the Liars.
(b) Please Deliver to Hell.
(c) Executed for Crimes Against Humanity.
(d) Sic Septer Tyranus.
7. What request does Reverend Griggs make of Naylor in Chapter 10?
(a) He wants Nick to speak at a Board dinner.
(b) He wants a donation from the Academy.
(c) He wants Nick to stop picking his son up.
(d) He wants Nick to find a consultancy for the school.
8. Which Nazi leader does Gordon Craighead compare Nick to in Heather's article?
(a) Albert Speer.
(b) Martin Bormann.
(c) Adolf Eichmann.
(d) Joseph Goebbels.
9. According to Naylor in Chapter 4, what invention in movies popularized smoking in them?
(d) Modern editing.
10. Which famous public figure recently had a sex scandal explode in the restaurant where Nick meets Heather Holloway in Chapter 9?
(a) Jeff Megall.
(b) Lorne Lutch.
(c) Gordon Craighead.
(d) Senator Finisterre.
11. What was Lorne Lutch's occupation before he got cancer?
(a) Cigarette advertising icon.
(b) Tobacco farmer.
(d) Tobacco executive.
12. What fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway work for?
(a) Washington Moon.
(b) Washington Dealer.
(c) Washington Sentinel.
(d) Washington Courier.
13. What request from Nick does Polly turn down at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A drink.
(c) A ride home.
(d) A loan of 2,500 dollars.
14. What uncharacteristic act does BR take regarding Nick at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He gives him the day off.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He publicly thanks him.
(d) He hugs him.
15. With what fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway have an interview coming up in Chapter 12?
(a) Baltimore Reader.
(b) New York Courier.
(c) Washington Sun.
(d) Los Angeles Press.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, what does the autocrat in Naylor's story do to those caught selling tobacco?
2. At the end of Chapter 5, how much money does Naylor say the Academy is committing to a campaign to stop underage smoking?
3. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
4. Sammy Najeeb is a producer for what news program?
5. What does the MOD Squad regularly sneak Nick in Chapter 12?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)