|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who is Naylor is seated onstage next?
(b) Ron Goode.
(c) A kid dying of cancer.
(d) Gordon Craighead.
2. For what organization did Carlton used to work?
(d) Department of Defense.
3. How does Naylor return to Washington D.C. at the end of Chapter 6?
(b) The Captain's private jet.
(d) A rental car.
4. What game does Nick play as he drives to St. Euthanasius in Chapter 10?
(a) He tries to lose his security detail.
(b) He looks for him name mentioned on AM radio.
(c) He tries to find a Bee Gees song on the radio.
(d) He tries to make only left turns.
5. In Chapter 12, what do the two D.C. policeman think Nick is?
(a) A pile of garbage.
(b) A drunk congressman.
(c) A junkie.
(d) A dog.
6. What popular television show is Naylor invited on in Chapter 3?
(a) The Tonight Show.
(d) The Maclaughlin Group.
7. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
(a) Divergent medical opinions and anti-industry bias.
(b) Poorly-trained researchers and poorly-worded surveys.
(c) Hidden health benefits and internal corruption.
(d) Insufficient test groups and foregone conclusions.
8. What plan does the Captain tell Naylor that BR has come up with in Chapter 6?
(a) Making candy cigarettes.
(b) Reintroducing cigarettes in movies.
(c) Making Jennette a co-spokesperson.
(d) Starting a cigarette-funded news outlet.
9. According to Naylor in Chapter 4, what invention in movies popularized smoking in them?
(c) Modern editing.
10. In Chapter 9, what words does Heather use to describe Nick's assertion that he works for tobacco to pay the rent?
(a) The moral equivalency principle.
(b) Yuppie Nuremberg defense.
(c) Fantastical disassociation.
(d) Aww-shucks rationalization.
11. With what television journalist does Polly have an interview regarding fetal alcohol syndrome in Chapter 7?
(a) Tim Russert.
(b) Mike Wallace.
(c) Diane Sawyer.
(d) Barbara Walters.
12. What is Nick Naylor's title at the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
(a) Chief Spokesperson.
(b) Executive VP for Public Relations.
(c) Head of Media Interfacing.
(d) Consituent Service Coordinator.
13. What does Polly Bailey say her beer wholesalers are coming to Washington to protest in Chapter 2?
(a) Stricter transportation laws.
(b) A new excise tax.
(c) Higher fuel rates.
(d) Dry county legislation.
14. What does the MOD Squad regularly sneak Nick in Chapter 12?
(a) FBI reports.
(c) Food from Berts.
(d) Articles about him.
15. How long does B.R. give Naylor to come up with a new media plan for the Academy?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) The weekend.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request from Nick does Polly turn down at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What is the name of the organization to which Gordon Craighead belongs?
3. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
5. What recent surgery has the Captain undergone when Naylor meets him in Chapter 6?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)