|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick Naylor always eat at the MOD Squad lunches?
(a) Red snapper.
(b) Cobb Salad.
(c) Steak and potatoes.
(d) Bacon cheeseburger.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
(a) The Captain's daughter's wedding.
(b) Their new anti-smoking campaign.
(c) A new study linking smoking to lower cholesterol.
(d) Jeannette's promotion.
3. What airport is Naylor in when BR calls him in Chapter 6?
4. What does Bobby Jay Bliss and Polly bet on in Chapter 7?
(a) Whether Polly will take Hector back.
(b) Whose lunch is more expensive.
(c) Whether Naylor will reveal anything to Heather.
(d) Whether Bobby Jay can get Carter to support gun rights.
5. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Heather say attracts her to Nick?
(a) His gift for rationalization.
(b) The way he smokes.
(c) His absence of morality.
(d) His preternatural cool.
6. In the Prologue, what does the autocrat in Naylor's story do to those caught selling tobacco?
(a) He beheads them.
(b) He imprisons them.
(c) He burns them alive.
(d) He cuts off their hands.
7. What disguise does the nico-terrorist who sticks a gun in Nick's back in Chapter 11 wear?
(a) A cab driver.
(b) A security guard.
(c) A homeless person.
(d) A news-stand seller.
8. What fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway work for?
(a) Washington Sentinel.
(b) Washington Moon.
(c) Washington Dealer.
(d) Washington Courier.
9. What does Polly Bailey say her beer wholesalers are coming to Washington to protest in Chapter 2?
(a) Dry county legislation.
(b) Stricter transportation laws.
(c) Higher fuel rates.
(d) A new excise tax.
10. What type of medical specialist does Nick see in Chapter 10?
(a) A cardiologist.
(b) A optometrist.
(c) A gastroentrologist.
(d) An osteopath.
11. At the end of Chapter 5, how much money does Naylor say the Academy is committing to a campaign to stop underage smoking?
(a) One billion dollars.
(b) Five hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Five million dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
12. To what actor does Naick compare the voice of the lead nico-terrorist in Chapter 11?
(a) Dennis Hopper.
(b) James Stewart,
(c) Peter Lorre.
(d) Sidney Greenstreet.
13. What controversial move has Nick Naylor long been making regarding tobacco's public image?
(a) He wants to pay politicians to smoke in their ads.
(b) He wants to say cigarettes are a good source of calcium.
(c) He wants to freeze all public statements.
(d) He wants to admit cigarettes are a health risk.
14. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
(a) A ghost of a human being.
(b) An old tobacco-man.
(c) A belligerant drunk.
(d) A corporate hack.
15. What does Naylor discover the Captain done for him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He has doubled his salary.
(b) He has given him a new Lexus.
(c) He has fired Jeannette.
(d) He has given him a larger office
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in the mad shooter's car in at the end of Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 9, what words does Heather use to describe Nick's assertion that he works for tobacco to pay the rent?
3. What does Bobby Jay Bliss warn Naylor about Heather in Chapter 7?
4. In what House Committee did Polly Bailey begin her Washington, D.C. career?
5. Which Nazi leader does Gordon Craighead compare Nick to in Heather's article?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)