|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Naylor discover the Captain done for him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He has fired Jeannette.
(b) He has given him a new Lexus.
(c) He has given him a larger office
(d) He has doubled his salary.
2. What type of medical condition has recently been linked to smoking in Chapter 1?
(a) A neurological condition.
(b) A pituitary condition.
(c) A digestive condition.
(d) A circularoty condition.
3. Which periodical requesting a quote from Nick Naylor in Chapter 1 annoys him?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) USA Today.
(c) The Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
(d) Time Magazine.
4. What does Nick imagine the two FBI agents interviewing him in Chapter 12 doing?
(a) Colluding with BR.
(b) Burning down the hospital.
(c) Kissing each other.
(d) Killing his assailants.
5. With what television journalist does Polly have an interview regarding fetal alcohol syndrome in Chapter 7?
(a) Barbara Walters.
(b) Mike Wallace.
(c) Tim Russert.
(d) Diane Sawyer.
6. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
(a) Hidden health benefits and internal corruption.
(b) Insufficient test groups and foregone conclusions.
(c) Divergent medical opinions and anti-industry bias.
(d) Poorly-trained researchers and poorly-worded surveys.
7. What popular television show is Naylor invited on in Chapter 3?
(c) The Tonight Show.
(d) The Maclaughlin Group.
8. From what state is the caller who announces he will kill Nick Naylor in Chapter 8?
(d) New York.
9. In Chapter 12, what do the two D.C. policeman think Nick is?
(a) A junkie.
(b) A drunk congressman.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pile of garbage.
10. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
(a) Take it for himself.
(b) Do away with it.
(c) Outsource it to a consultancy.
(d) Give it to an ambitious colleague.
11. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
(a) A corporate hack.
(b) A belligerant drunk.
(c) A ghost of a human being.
(d) An old tobacco-man.
12. What does Nick Naylor always eat at the MOD Squad lunches?
(a) Bacon cheeseburger.
(b) Steak and potatoes.
(c) Cobb Salad.
(d) Red snapper.
13. Who else is on the panel on which Naylor sits in the Prologue?
(a) Marketing analysts.
(b) Tobacco executives.
(d) Anti-smoking proponents.
14. What airport is Naylor in when BR calls him in Chapter 6?
15. What does Bobby Jay Bliss and Polly bet on in Chapter 7?
(a) Whether Bobby Jay can get Carter to support gun rights.
(b) Whose lunch is more expensive.
(c) Whether Naylor will reveal anything to Heather.
(d) Whether Polly will take Hector back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creative way does a man say he will kill Naylor in a message given to him by Gazelle in Chapter 7?
2. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
3. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
4. Which John Wayne film does Naylor and his son watch at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Who interviews Nick at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)