|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby Jay Bliss and Polly bet on in Chapter 7?
(a) Whether Polly will take Hector back.
(b) Whether Naylor will reveal anything to Heather.
(c) Whether Bobby Jay can get Carter to support gun rights.
(d) Whose lunch is more expensive.
2. Why is Nick feeling groggy in Chapter 11?
(a) He is medicated.
(b) He has not slept in three days.
(c) He has bad allergies.
(d) He had two martinis at lunch.
3. What controversial move has Nick Naylor long been making regarding tobacco's public image?
(a) He wants to freeze all public statements.
(b) He wants to say cigarettes are a good source of calcium.
(c) He wants to pay politicians to smoke in their ads.
(d) He wants to admit cigarettes are a health risk.
4. Which periodical requesting a quote from Nick Naylor in Chapter 1 annoys him?
(a) USA Today.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
(d) Time Magazine.
5. How does Oprah treat Nick Naylor backstage in Chapter 5?
(a) She is confrontational.
(b) She is cold.
(c) She is friendly.
(d) She is flirty.
6. What does Naylor discover the Captain done for him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He has given him a new Lexus.
(b) He has fired Jeannette.
(c) He has given him a larger office
(d) He has doubled his salary.
7. At the end of Chapter 5, how much money does Naylor say the Academy is committing to a campaign to stop underage smoking?
(a) Five million dollars.
(b) Five hundred thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) One billion dollars.
8. What body part did Bobby Jay Bliss lose in the Vietnam War?
(a) His left leg.
(b) His right eye.
(c) His left arm.
(d) His right ear.
9. What disguise does the nico-terrorist who sticks a gun in Nick's back in Chapter 11 wear?
(a) A homeless person.
(b) A security guard.
(c) A cab driver.
(d) A news-stand seller.
10. How long does B.R. give Naylor to come up with a new media plan for the Academy?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) The weekend.
(d) One month.
11. What does Polly Bailey say her beer wholesalers are coming to Washington to protest in Chapter 2?
(a) A new excise tax.
(b) Dry county legislation.
(c) Higher fuel rates.
(d) Stricter transportation laws.
12. What is St. Euthanasius?
(a) The church where Nick was married.
(b) Nick Naylor's alma mater.
(c) A DC hospital where a young boy is dying of lung cancer.
(d) Nick's son's boarding school.
13. To what actor does Naick compare the voice of the lead nico-terrorist in Chapter 11?
(a) Peter Lorre.
(b) Dennis Hopper.
(c) Sidney Greenstreet.
(d) James Stewart,
14. What news did Naylor accidentally announce on air as a television announcer?
(a) A space-shuttle explosion.
(b) The death of the President.
(c) A major earthquake in California.
(d) The launching of a nuclear strike.
15. Which lobby is not represented regularly in the MOD Squad lunches?
(a) Fast food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What uncharacteristic act does BR take regarding Nick at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
3. What is Nick Naylor's title at the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
4. In Chapter 3, who asks Naylor for a meeting in two weeks?
5. What does Bliss remember most clearly about Heather Holloway in Chapter 7?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)