|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found in the mad shooter's car in at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A picture of Nick Naylor.
(b) A SAFETY card.
(c) A samuari sword.
(d) A copy of The Turner Diaries.
2. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
(a) A scotch and water.
(b) A mint julep.
(c) An old-fashioned.
(d) A bloody mary.
3. How does Oprah treat Nick Naylor backstage in Chapter 5?
(a) She is confrontational.
(b) She is cold.
(c) She is flirty.
(d) She is friendly.
4. How does Naylor return to Washington D.C. at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A rental car.
(c) The Captain's private jet.
5. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
(a) A ghost of a human being.
(b) An old tobacco-man.
(c) A belligerant drunk.
(d) A corporate hack.
6. To what actor does Naick compare the voice of the lead nico-terrorist in Chapter 11?
(a) James Stewart,
(b) Sidney Greenstreet.
(c) Peter Lorre.
(d) Dennis Hopper.
7. In what city does Nick Naylor live?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
8. In Chapter 2, what contention does the shooting survivor Bliss interviews make?
(a) Guns are a blight on society.
(b) She is a better marksman than the killer.
(c) The lunatic should never have been given a license.
(d) The tragedy could be avoided if she had a gun.
9. In Chapter 1, what adjective does B.R. use to describe Naylor's style of public relations?
10. From what related business did B.R come to the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
(a) Tobacco farmers.
(b) The United States Senate.
(c) Vending machines.
11. Which governmental agency has recently released a damning report regarding second-hand smoke at the beginning of Chapter 11?
12. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does the Captain insist be done for Nick?
(a) He be given a security detail.
(b) He be put on temporary leave.
(c) He be moved to another office.
(d) He be given a gun.
13. What does Naylor discover the Captain done for him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He has given him a new Lexus.
(b) He has doubled his salary.
(c) He has given him a larger office
(d) He has fired Jeannette.
14. According to Naylor in Chapter 4, what invention in movies popularized smoking in them?
(d) Modern editing.
15. Sammy Najeeb is a producer for what news program?
(a) 60 Minutes.
(b) CBS Nightly News.
(d) Larry King Live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the organization to which Gordon Craighead belongs?
2. With what fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway have an interview coming up in Chapter 12?
3. What is the name of the conference at which Naylor is speaking in the Prologue?
4. What does B.R. not do that is odd given his position at the Academy?
5. What does Bliss remember most clearly about Heather Holloway in Chapter 7?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)