|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick Naylor always eat at the MOD Squad lunches?
(a) Steak and potatoes.
(b) Red snapper.
(c) Cobb Salad.
(d) Bacon cheeseburger.
2. What is BR's reaction to Naylor's idea of reintroducing smoking in movies in Chapter 4?
(a) He is livid.
(b) He is energized.
(c) He is compelled.
(d) He is underwhelmed.
3. Which periodical requesting a quote from Nick Naylor in Chapter 1 annoys him?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) USA Today.
(c) The Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
(d) Time Magazine.
4. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Heather say attracts her to Nick?
(a) His gift for rationalization.
(b) His preternatural cool.
(c) The way he smokes.
(d) His absence of morality.
5. In what House Committee did Polly Bailey begin her Washington, D.C. career?
(a) Ways and Means.
6. With what television journalist does Polly have an interview regarding fetal alcohol syndrome in Chapter 7?
(a) Mike Wallace.
(b) Diane Sawyer.
(c) Barbara Walters.
(d) Tim Russert.
7. Which of the following is a historic event that popularized smoking cited by by Naylor in Chapter 4?
(a) The advent of television.
(b) Air travel.
(c) World War I.
(d) Development of modern grocery stores.
8. What does Polly Bailey say her beer wholesalers are coming to Washington to protest in Chapter 2?
(a) Higher fuel rates.
(b) Dry county legislation.
(c) A new excise tax.
(d) Stricter transportation laws.
9. In Chapter 3, who asks Naylor for a meeting in two weeks?
(c) Reverend Griggs.
(d) Gordon Craighead.
10. What city does the Captain live and work in?
11. How does Oprah treat Nick Naylor backstage in Chapter 5?
(a) She is cold.
(b) She is flirty.
(c) She is confrontational.
(d) She is friendly.
12. What game does Nick play as he drives to St. Euthanasius in Chapter 10?
(a) He tries to find a Bee Gees song on the radio.
(b) He tries to make only left turns.
(c) He looks for him name mentioned on AM radio.
(d) He tries to lose his security detail.
13. What simple request does Nick Naylor make in Chapter 7 that prompts Gazelle to make a smart comment?
(a) He asks for coffee.
(b) He asks he to get him lunch.
(c) He tells her to hold his calls.
(d) He asks her to collate some papers.
14. Which coworker comes to Naylor's office with overly-excited praise in Chapter 7?
(c) Gomez O'Neal.
15. Which lobby is not represented regularly in the MOD Squad lunches?
(c) Fast food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of medical condition has recently been linked to smoking in Chapter 1?
2. What event prompted Bliss to join the military in the 1960's?
3. What is Nick Naylor's title at the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Heather tell Nick is the topic of her article?
5. What plan does the Captain tell Naylor that BR has come up with in Chapter 6?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)