|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an aspect that makes Polly Bailey particularly attractive?
(a) Her unusually large eyes.
(b) Her sexy rasp.
(c) Her long legs.
(d) Her curvy figure.
2. What request does Reverend Griggs make of Naylor in Chapter 10?
(a) He wants Nick to find a consultancy for the school.
(b) He wants Nick to stop picking his son up.
(c) He wants a donation from the Academy.
(d) He wants Nick to speak at a Board dinner.
3. From what state is the caller who announces he will kill Nick Naylor in Chapter 8?
(a) New York.
4. Why is Polly Bailey pleased at Bert's house in Chapter 7?
(a) Her lobby has defeated a new tax in Alabama.
(b) A popular star has agreed to drink bourbon at the Oscars.
(c) She has met a nice guy.
(d) The Pope has declared wine moral.
5. What fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway work for?
(a) Washington Sentinel.
(b) Washington Dealer.
(c) Washington Moon.
(d) Washington Courier.
6. What does BR refuse from Naylor at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A bribe.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) Small talk.
7. What is written on the sign the nico-terrorist put on Nick in Chapter 12?
(a) King of the Liars.
(b) Sic Septer Tyranus.
(c) Please Deliver to Hell.
(d) Executed for Crimes Against Humanity.
8. What is St. Euthanasius?
(a) Nick Naylor's alma mater.
(b) Nick's son's boarding school.
(c) The church where Nick was married.
(d) A DC hospital where a young boy is dying of lung cancer.
9. What plan does the Captain tell Naylor that BR has come up with in Chapter 6?
(a) Making Jennette a co-spokesperson.
(b) Starting a cigarette-funded news outlet.
(c) Making candy cigarettes.
(d) Reintroducing cigarettes in movies.
10. What city does the Captain live and work in?
11. Where does the Captain recommend Nick go as soon as possible in Chapter 9?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
12. Which lobby is not represented regularly in the MOD Squad lunches?
(a) Fast food.
13. In Chapter 12, what do the two D.C. policeman think Nick is?
(a) A drunk congressman.
(b) A junkie.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pile of garbage.
14. Why is Nick feeling groggy in Chapter 11?
(a) He has not slept in three days.
(b) He has bad allergies.
(c) He had two martinis at lunch.
(d) He is medicated.
15. In Chapter 1, what adjective does B.R. use to describe Naylor's style of public relations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial move has Nick Naylor long been making regarding tobacco's public image?
2. What recent surgery has the Captain undergone when Naylor meets him in Chapter 6?
3. In what state did the shooting that Bobby Jay Bliss is trying to spin in Chapter 2 take place?
4. Sammy Najeeb is a producer for what news program?
5. What type of medical specialist does Nick see in Chapter 10?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)