|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sammy Najeeb is a producer for what news program?
(b) Larry King Live.
(c) 60 Minutes.
(d) CBS Nightly News.
2. Where does the Captain recommend Nick go as soon as possible in Chapter 9?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Heather tell Nick is the topic of her article?
(a) The tobacco industry.
(b) Faustian bargains.
(c) Public relations challenges.
4. For what organization did Carlton used to work?
(d) Department of Defense.
5. What body part did Bobby Jay Bliss lose in the Vietnam War?
(a) His left leg.
(b) His right ear.
(c) His right eye.
(d) His left arm.
6. Which Nazi leader does Gordon Craighead compare Nick to in Heather's article?
(a) Albert Speer.
(b) Martin Bormann.
(c) Joseph Goebbels.
(d) Adolf Eichmann.
7. How does Bobby Jay Bliss know Heather Holloway?
(a) They are in the same prayer group.
(b) She used to date him.
(c) She did a piece on his boss.
(d) She is his second cousin.
8. What does Bliss remember most clearly about Heather Holloway in Chapter 7?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her laugh.
(c) Her perfume.
(d) Her body.
9. What event prompted Bliss to join the military in the 1960's?
(a) The Kent State shootings.
(b) The assassination of Robert Kennedy.
(c) The Tet Offensive.
10. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
(a) An old tobacco-man.
(b) A belligerant drunk.
(c) A ghost of a human being.
(d) A corporate hack.
11. What drink does the Captain insist Nick Naylor join him in?
(a) An old-fashioned.
(b) A mint julep.
(c) A scotch and water.
(d) A bloody mary.
12. How long does B.R. give Naylor to come up with a new media plan for the Academy?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) The weekend.
(d) Two weeks.
13. Which John Wayne film does Naylor and his son watch at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The Shootist.
(b) Sands of Iwo Jima.
(c) True Grit.
(d) The Longest Day.
14. What news did Naylor accidentally announce on air as a television announcer?
(a) A space-shuttle explosion.
(b) The launching of a nuclear strike.
(c) The death of the President.
(d) A major earthquake in California.
15. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Heather say attracts her to Nick?
(a) His preternatural cool.
(b) His absence of morality.
(c) His gift for rationalization.
(d) The way he smokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does the Captain live and work in?
2. How many nicotine patches are put on Nick's body in Chapter 11?
3. What request from Nick does Polly turn down at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What does Naylor discover the Captain done for him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What disguise does the nico-terrorist who sticks a gun in Nick's back in Chapter 11 wear?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)