|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Naylor use to describe the office's collective attitude toward him in the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 12, what do the two D.C. policeman think Nick is?
(a) A junkie.
(b) A drunk congressman.
(c) A pile of garbage.
(d) A dog.
3. Which lobby is not represented regularly in the MOD Squad lunches?
(b) Fast food.
4. From what state is the caller who announces he will kill Nick Naylor in Chapter 8?
(d) New York.
5. How does Oprah treat Nick Naylor backstage in Chapter 5?
(a) She is flirty.
(b) She is friendly.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She is confrontational.
6. What does Bliss remember most clearly about Heather Holloway in Chapter 7?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her body.
(c) Her perfume.
(d) Her laugh.
7. To what actor does Naick compare the voice of the lead nico-terrorist in Chapter 11?
(a) Sidney Greenstreet.
(b) Peter Lorre.
(c) James Stewart,
(d) Dennis Hopper.
8. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
(a) Her own struggle with lung disease.
(b) A relative who died of lung cancer.
(c) A friend who lost a jaw from chewing tobacco.
(d) A parent who had emphesema.
9. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
(a) Insufficient test groups and foregone conclusions.
(b) Divergent medical opinions and anti-industry bias.
(c) Poorly-trained researchers and poorly-worded surveys.
(d) Hidden health benefits and internal corruption.
10. In the Prologue, what does the autocrat in Naylor's story do to those caught selling tobacco?
(a) He imprisons them.
(b) He burns them alive.
(c) He beheads them.
(d) He cuts off their hands.
11. Where does the Captain recommend Nick go as soon as possible in Chapter 9?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
12. What game does Nick play as he drives to St. Euthanasius in Chapter 10?
(a) He tries to make only left turns.
(b) He tries to lose his security detail.
(c) He looks for him name mentioned on AM radio.
(d) He tries to find a Bee Gees song on the radio.
13. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
(a) The Captain's daughter's wedding.
(b) Their new anti-smoking campaign.
(c) A new study linking smoking to lower cholesterol.
(d) Jeannette's promotion.
14. With what television journalist does Polly have an interview regarding fetal alcohol syndrome in Chapter 7?
(a) Mike Wallace.
(b) Tim Russert.
(c) Diane Sawyer.
(d) Barbara Walters.
15. For what organization did Carlton used to work?
(a) Department of Defense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is BR's reaction to Naylor's idea of reintroducing smoking in movies in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 5, who is Naylor is seated onstage next?
3. Why is Nick feeling groggy in Chapter 11?
4. Sammy Najeeb is a producer for what news program?
5. With what fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway have an interview coming up in Chapter 12?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)