|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Naylor discover the Captain done for him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He has given him a larger office
(b) He has given him a new Lexus.
(c) He has fired Jeannette.
(d) He has doubled his salary.
2. What does B.R. not do that is odd given his position at the Academy?
(a) He does not watch press conferences.
(b) He does not travel by air.
(c) He does not smoke.
(d) He does not read.
3. With what television journalist does Polly have an interview regarding fetal alcohol syndrome in Chapter 7?
(a) Mike Wallace.
(b) Diane Sawyer.
(c) Barbara Walters.
(d) Tim Russert.
4. To what actor does Naick compare the voice of the lead nico-terrorist in Chapter 11?
(a) Sidney Greenstreet.
(b) Peter Lorre.
(c) Dennis Hopper.
(d) James Stewart,
5. In Chapter 9, what words does Heather use to describe Nick's assertion that he works for tobacco to pay the rent?
(a) Yuppie Nuremberg defense.
(b) The moral equivalency principle.
(c) Fantastical disassociation.
(d) Aww-shucks rationalization.
6. In what state did the shooting that Bobby Jay Bliss is trying to spin in Chapter 2 take place?
(d) New Jersey.
7. What does Bobby Jay Bliss and Polly bet on in Chapter 7?
(a) Whether Bobby Jay can get Carter to support gun rights.
(b) Whether Naylor will reveal anything to Heather.
(c) Whose lunch is more expensive.
(d) Whether Polly will take Hector back.
8. Why is Nick feeling groggy in Chapter 11?
(a) He had two martinis at lunch.
(b) He has bad allergies.
(c) He is medicated.
(d) He has not slept in three days.
9. What uncharacteristic act does BR take regarding Nick at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He gives him the day off.
(c) He publicly thanks him.
(d) He hugs him.
10. What is Nick Naylor's title at the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
(a) Consituent Service Coordinator.
(b) Executive VP for Public Relations.
(c) Head of Media Interfacing.
(d) Chief Spokesperson.
11. Which governmental agency has recently released a damning report regarding second-hand smoke at the beginning of Chapter 11?
12. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
(a) The Captain's daughter's wedding.
(b) Their new anti-smoking campaign.
(c) Jeannette's promotion.
(d) A new study linking smoking to lower cholesterol.
13. What does Nick imagine the two FBI agents interviewing him in Chapter 12 doing?
(a) Killing his assailants.
(b) Burning down the hospital.
(c) Colluding with BR.
(d) Kissing each other.
14. What is found in the mad shooter's car in at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A SAFETY card.
(b) A samuari sword.
(c) A copy of The Turner Diaries.
(d) A picture of Nick Naylor.
15. What does Naylor accuse people like Ron Goode of in Chapter 5?
(a) Profiting from children's deaths.
(b) Assisting in the sales of cigarettes.
(c) Wasting taxpayer money.
(d) Falsifying data.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous public figure recently had a sex scandal explode in the restaurant where Nick meets Heather Holloway in Chapter 9?
2. What body part did Bobby Jay Bliss lose in the Vietnam War?
3. Why did Polly Bailey move from a Representative's office to the Moderation Council?
4. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
5. In what city does Nick Naylor live?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)