|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Naylor say he regrets regarding Gazelle?
(a) Hiring her.
(b) Yelling at her.
(c) Meeting her children.
(d) Sleeping with her.
2. How many nicotine patches are put on Nick's body in Chapter 11?
3. How does Oprah treat Nick Naylor backstage in Chapter 5?
(a) She is confrontational.
(b) She is flirty.
(c) She is friendly.
(d) She is cold.
4. What reason does Naylor give the Captain for working at the Academy in Chapter 6?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) He loves cigarettes.
(c) He likes the challenge.
(d) He never wants to leae Washington, DC.
5. In Chapter 2, what contention does the shooting survivor Bliss interviews make?
(a) She is a better marksman than the killer.
(b) The lunatic should never have been given a license.
(c) Guns are a blight on society.
(d) The tragedy could be avoided if she had a gun.
6. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
(a) Give it to an ambitious colleague.
(b) Take it for himself.
(c) Do away with it.
(d) Outsource it to a consultancy.
7. According to Naylor in Chapter 4, what invention in movies popularized smoking in them?
(b) Modern editing.
8. In Chapter 9, what does Heather tell Nick is the topic of her article?
(b) The tobacco industry.
(c) Faustian bargains.
(d) Public relations challenges.
9. Which John Wayne film does Naylor and his son watch at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) True Grit.
(b) The Longest Day.
(c) Sands of Iwo Jima.
(d) The Shootist.
10. In Chapter 9, what words does Heather use to describe Nick's assertion that he works for tobacco to pay the rent?
(a) Yuppie Nuremberg defense.
(b) Aww-shucks rationalization.
(c) The moral equivalency principle.
(d) Fantastical disassociation.
11. What does Polly Bailey say her beer wholesalers are coming to Washington to protest in Chapter 2?
(a) Higher fuel rates.
(b) Dry county legislation.
(c) A new excise tax.
(d) Stricter transportation laws.
12. From what related business did B.R come to the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
(a) Tobacco farmers.
(c) Vending machines.
(d) The United States Senate.
13. What creative way does a man say he will kill Naylor in a message given to him by Gazelle in Chapter 7?
(a) Pouring tar down his throat.
(b) Skin him alive.
(c) Tie him to four horses and geeing them up.
(d) Bury him to his neck by an anthill.
14. What does Bliss remember most clearly about Heather Holloway in Chapter 7?
(a) Her perfume.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her laugh.
(d) Her body.
15. How does Bobby Jay Bliss know Heather Holloway?
(a) She used to date him.
(b) She is his second cousin.
(c) She did a piece on his boss.
(d) They are in the same prayer group.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
2. Which famous public figure recently had a sex scandal explode in the restaurant where Nick meets Heather Holloway in Chapter 9?
3. Who interviews Nick at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What disguise does the nico-terrorist who sticks a gun in Nick's back in Chapter 11 wear?
5. What is St. Euthanasius?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)