Prologue; Chapter 1
1. In what city does Nick Naylor live?
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) New York.
2. What is the name of the conference at which Naylor is speaking in the Prologue?
(a) Clean Lungs 2000.
(c) Smoke-Out United.
(d) 3rd Annual Pulmonary Disease Institute Conference.
3. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
(a) A parent who had emphesema.
(b) Her own struggle with lung disease.
(c) A friend who lost a jaw from chewing tobacco.
(d) A relative who died of lung cancer.
4. From what empire is the autocrat that Naylor cites in the prologue?
(a) The Ming Dynasty.
(b) The Ottoman Empire.
(c) The Mongolian Empire.
(d) The Roman Empire.
5. In the Prologue, what does the autocrat in Naylor's story do to those caught selling tobacco?
(a) He beheads them.
(b) He cuts off their hands.
(c) He imprisons them.
(d) He burns them alive.
This section contains 4,858 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)