Prologue; Chapter 1
1. In what city does Nick Naylor live?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
2. What is the name of the conference at which Naylor is speaking in the Prologue?
(b) 3rd Annual Pulmonary Disease Institute Conference.
(c) Clean Lungs 2000.
(d) Smoke-Out United.
3. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
(a) A friend who lost a jaw from chewing tobacco.
(b) A parent who had emphesema.
(c) Her own struggle with lung disease.
(d) A relative who died of lung cancer.
4. From what empire is the autocrat that Naylor cites in the prologue?
(a) The Ming Dynasty.
(b) The Ottoman Empire.
(c) The Mongolian Empire.
(d) The Roman Empire.
5. In the Prologue, what does the autocrat in Naylor's story do to those caught selling tobacco?
(a) He beheads them.
(b) He burns them alive.
(c) He imprisons them.
(d) He cuts off their hands.
This section contains 4,858 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)