|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Gargamelle gives birth to Gargantua as a result of:
2. What does Rabelais parody in his response to the episode of Gargantua's birth?
3. According to Schneegans, what is the grotesque in art?
4. In which twentieth-century movement was the grotesque especially evident?
5. In the Renaissance, bodily excretions were closely associated with:
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. What are the "cris de Paris," or "street cries"?
2. How did games and gaming change after the Renaissance?
This section contains 1,010 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)