|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are some people who may not be able to easily respond to treatment if they tend to:
2. What did Erickson encourage the woman to do?
(a) Get a divorce.
(c) Get shock therapy.
(d) Drink more.
3. Erickson talks about patients overcoming which of the following:
(d) Negative thinking.
4. When patients start therapy, it is common for at least some of them to act in what way?
5. Earlier in the text, Erickson convinced the athlete that he could move forward, at first by using what measurement?
6. The story of the man who sat in the grass belonged in what profession?
(a) Record producer.
7. There is a lot to be said for which of the following:
8. Many patients that go to a therapist claim that they want nothing more than to be:
(c) Less obsessed.
9. Unlike adults, children are not _______ by previous events.
10. Reframing can be easily compared to which other technique employed by therapists?
(a) Reverse psychology.
(b) Water therapy.
(c) Negative reinforcement.
(d) Immersion therapy.
11. Sometimes people like to disagree just to:
(b) Be rude.
(c) Make the other person mad.
(d) Prove a point.
12. How much weight was the woman required to gain according to Erickson?
(a) 15 lbs.
(b) 10 lbs.
(c) 20 lbs.
(d) 30 lbs.
13. Erickson did encourage the man to do which of the following?
(a) Sleep it off.
(b) Go on a spending spree.
(c) Go to a casino.
(d) Walk to a bar.
14. If people can remember to think like children, they may be able to recover their lost:
15. The man confessed to doing which of the following compulsively?
Short Answer Questions
1. The last person referred to in the text was a woman who indulged in what problem?
2. The man was also an addict. To which drug was the man addicted?
3. The man spent most of his time thinking about what one thing while he was undergoing trauma?
4. According to the text, which of the following is vital to accomplishing things in one's life?
5. According to Erickson, the married couple often argued about things that were:
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)