|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story of the man who sat in the grass belonged in what profession?
(c) Record producer.
2. Following Erickson's advice, the woman who wanted to lose weight found that it was:
3. According to the text, which of the following is vital to accomplishing things in one's life?
(a) Taking charge.
(c) Going with the flow.
4. Another patient was afraid to walk on which of the following?
(b) Hot coals.
5. Where was the man when he began to practice reframing?
(c) Concentration camp.
(d) Car accident.
6. The author believes that one learns best by:
(c) Reading about it.
7. What was the secondary issue faced by the woman?
(b) Refusing to balance her checkbook.
(c) Refusing to keep house.
8. What was the name of the man Erickson refers to in regards to reframing?
9. One of Erickson's patients was desperate to do which of the following?
(a) Lose weight.
(b) Learn to drive.
(c) Stop smoking.
(d) Speak French.
10. Where did Erickson send the man to contemplate his problems?
(c) Golf course.
(d) Mountain top.
11. Reframing can be easily compared to which other technique employed by therapists?
(a) Water therapy.
(b) Immersion therapy.
(c) Negative reinforcement.
(d) Reverse psychology.
12. What is often used as a stepping stone to bigger and better things in therapy?
(a) Release of fear.
(d) Dream states.
13. What did Erickson encourage the woman to do?
(b) Drink more.
(c) Get a divorce.
(d) Get shock therapy.
14. How did the man undergoing trauma refer to his situation?
(a) Annoying and stupid.
(b) Deadening and hopeless.
(c) Fearful and tense.
(d) Frustrating and prolonged.
15. Reframing often takes hold when the therapist or practitioner ties the facts with which of the following?
(b) Negatibe behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "malady" mean as it is used in the text?
2. Erickson did encourage the man to do which of the following?
3. How much weight was the woman required to gain according to Erickson?
4. Erickson was adept at getting patients to overcome which of the following?
5. What happened to the man who attempted to cross the slippery surface before he met Erickson?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)