|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor believed that a patient will only succeed if s/he has which of the following:
(b) A therapist.
2. What happened to the man who attempted to cross the slippery surface before he met Erickson?
(a) The surface would crack.
(b) The man would fall.
(c) Muscles got tense.
(d) The man would fall down.
3. Which of the following will most likely override a person's training?
4. Erickson worked with an athlete who focused on what area of sports?
(b) Long jump.
5. The man confessed to doing which of the following compulsively?
6. The woman who had a fear of flying was actually being bothered by which of the following?
(a) Childhood car accident.
(b) Death of her pilot father.
(c) Being late.
(d) An affair.
7. Reframing can be easily compared to which other technique employed by therapists?
(a) Immersion therapy.
(b) Negative reinforcement.
(c) Reverse psychology.
(d) Water therapy.
8. Hopefully, a patient will do what when participating in treatment?
(a) Go into a trance.
(b) Be cured.
(c) Pay the bill.
9. Erickson states that therapy may:
(a) Make things worse.
(b) Not work.
(c) Cure part of the problem.
(d) Be 100% successful.
10. How far did one patient throw a shot put before working with Erickson?
11. Another patient was afraid to walk on which of the following?
(b) Hot coals.
12. While in meditation, what thing did the man discover that he had not noticed before?
(a) His hands were often shaky.
(b) The sky is not really blue.
(c) The grass was many colors.
(d) Turkeys can fly.
13. When patients start therapy, it is common for at least some of them to act in what way?
14. Erickson likes to see when patients take everyday events and are able to make ___________ about them.
(b) Special events.
15. Many patients that go to a therapist claim that they want nothing more than to be:
(d) Less obsessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the man's most difficult issues to confront?
2. Taking charge is one way in which a person may be able to:
3. Erickson was adept at getting patients to overcome which of the following?
4. Reframing often takes hold when the therapist or practitioner ties the facts with which of the following?
5. What is used as an example to support the above statement?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)