|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that the beliefs about trances are:
(a) New thought.
(c) Long lived.
2. Erickson states that trances can be which of the following?
3. People in a trance state may be willing to do something silly such as:
(a) Kiss a total stranger.
(c) Dance around a room full of people.
(d) Act like a chicken.
4. What is the name of the person who has annotated Erickson's work?
5. Erickson's methods are designed to help a patient do which of the following?
(a) Set boundaries.
(b) Alter behaviors.
(c) Learn to say no.
(d) Gain self-esteem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson does not believe in using which of the following to get his patients to change?
2. How many surgeries did the woman have to have in order to recover from her problems?
3. Which of the following may help someone go into a self-induced state?
4. Erickson believes in doing what to help his patients heal?
5. The woman had to go to the doctor frequently to get treatments on what part of her body?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)