|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People who can achieve a deep trance state are often experienced in:
(a) Alpha state.
2. What is the purpose of delving into someone's subconscience? What would it help the doctor to find?
(a) Repressed memories.
(b) Childhood trauma.
(c) Unconscious behaviors.
3. Erickson shares a story about a student whose name is:
4. According to Erickson, patients that have been hypnotized tend to take suggestions in which way?
5. The target customer's animals were considered to be the man's ______.
(a) Cross to bear.
(b) Profitable future.
(c) Pride and joy.
(d) Bane of existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson's treatments helped the woman to get rid of which problem?
2. Where did the animal like to be scratched?
3. Erickson states that trances can be which of the following?
4. What does Erickson use as an example for a skill learned early in life?
5. Trauma may be responsible for causing what kind of mental states in a patient?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)