|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The City of Light in the Dark.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of the essay, Sedaris explains how he met
2. Sedaris says he sounds like an evil baby when speaking French because
(a) He refuses to learn new words.
(b) He refuses to speak French aloud.
(c) He only uses nouns at first.
(d) He only uses curse words.
3. Who or what threatens to divide Sedaris' class?
(a) An asthmatic who protected the smoking rule in class.
(b) An older returning student who claimed he was wasting her time.
(c) Sedaris' Pillow Talk segment, where students discussed their personal lives.
(d) The teenage freshmen students.
4. In the end, Sedaris' authority is undermined when
(a) He admits that he has never been published.
(b) He allows a student to teach the class.
(c) He admits how much money he is paid to teach the class
(d) He refuses to answer a student's question about his salary.
5. At the end of the essay, Sedaris compares himself to
(a) A hillbilly.
(b) A celebrity.
(c) A baby.
(d) A criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sedaris is considered a celebrity by French teenagers because
2. Unlike American theaters, French theaters
3. Which of the following is not an unusual word Sedaris learned in French?
4. In this essay, Sedaris' itineraries revolve around
5. One glaring difference Sedaris notices between watching movies in the U.S and watching them in Paris is
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)