|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, The Irish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the arable land in Ireland was used for growing potatoes before the famine?
2. Which ethnic group has the highest fertility rates?
(c) Chinese Americans.
(d) Polish Americans.
3. The highest fertility rates are found in groups with the ________________ incomes.
(b) Most stable.
4. What was the occupation of the German immigrants who landed in St. Louis and Milwaukee?
(a) Brewing beer.
5. What was the average life expectancy of an Irish immigrant in the 19th century?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to cross the Atlantic in a steamship?
2. How many of the emigrants from the potato famine died en route to America in 1847?
3. What advantages did early Irish immigrants have over others?
4. The "penal laws" imposed by the British on the Irish were intended to keep the Irish in what situation?
5. With acculturation, IQ rates tend to:
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)