|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X, The Mexicans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did German immigrants retain whether in urban or rural settings?
(a) A desire to return to the homeland.
(b) The German language and culture.
(c) A mistrust of the Irish.
(d) An adventurous, traveling spirit.
2. How did German Jews regard themselves?
(a) Hebrews from Europe.
(b) Jews from Germany.
(c) Germans of the Hebrew faith.
(d) Jewish Americans.
3. Chapter VIII states that the cruelest slave masters were of what nationality?
4. How did the Japanese crime rate compare with that of other immigrant communities?
(a) Slightly higher.
(b) Far higher.
(c) Slightly lower.
(d) Far lower.
5. Which group was the most isolated of the early German settlers?
(a) The Mormons.
(b) The Catholics.
(c) The Mennonites.
(d) The Amish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What segment of the U.S. population has traditionally pushed for open access for Mexican laborers?
2. What was one tragic result of the U.S. government's restrictions on Chinese immigration?
3. What gave free persons of color a head start over other blacks?
4. After the 1906 earthquake, when 10,000 Japanese were left homeless, how many applied for public relief?
5. What was a Californio?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)