|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter "Freedom and Democracy," how does a person develop individuality?
(a) Making the self and others the center of one's world.
(b) Making the self the center of society.
(c) Making the self the center of one's world.
(d) Excluding the self from being the center of one's world.
2. Whose theory about economic gains driving history have many historians misunderstood?
3. What social structure does Fromm suggest should be part of the psychological aspect of society?
4. What is "spontaneous" action?
(a) Actions that come from what others do.
(b) Actions that come from what others feel and think.
(c) Actions that come from what an individual used to do.
(d) Actions that come from what a person feels and thinks.
5. What do masochists receive from their submissive acts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychological idea is destructiveness related to?
2. Who replaces the original self?
3. What is the original self?
4. What did Freud believe to be the driving force behind human action?
5. What is a mutually beneficial relationship called?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)