|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstances directly affected a person's willingness to submit to an authoritarian like Hitler?
(a) Their economic situation.
(b) Isolation from society.
2. What does Fromm say even a democratic society can pressure individuals to do?
(a) Give up their money.
(b) Dominate others.
(c) Submit to others.
3. What German class of people was most likely to submit to Nazism?
(a) Lower, middle classes.
(c) Upper class.
(d) Working class.
4. What did Hitler's sadistic nature lead him to desire?
(a) He wanted to be dominated.
(b) He wanted to dominate and be submissive.
(c) He wished to help others.
(d) He sought power over others.
5. What do masochists receive from their submissive acts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Fromm give to the isolation that allows Fascism to grow?
2. What type of character was familiar to the lower, middle class?
3. Why did the second group of Germans who both supported the Nazis and adopt their ideas submit to Hitler?
4. What political ideology is a historical example of authoritarian mechanism?
5. What political and economic beliefs does Fromm wish to reconnect man with?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)