|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the original self?
(a) Self that originates its own mental activities.
(b) Self that does not think.
(c) Self that thinks like the leader.
(d) Self that thinks like society.
2. How did Fromm separate the two groups of German people who supported the Nazis?
(a) He based his theory on the people's reactions to the Jewish community.
(b) Fromm based his theory on the people's reactions to the Nazis.
(c) He based his ideas on how people viewed themselves.
(d) Fromm based his thoughts on how people viewed each other.
3. How did Hitler feel about Germany?
(a) He loved Germany.
(b) He disliked Germany.
(c) He did not want to see Germany succeed.
(d) He felt indifferently.
4. What social structure does Fromm suggest should be part of the psychological aspect of society?
5. What is society's character based on?
(a) Analyzing the individual is a water of time.
(b) It cannot be based on the analysis of the individual.
(c) Analyzing society is a waste of time.
(d) It can be based on the analysis of the individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
2. What do masochists receive from their submissive acts?
3. What do Fromm's critics fear will happen to society during the process of individuality?
4. What historian believed that religion drives the social process?
5. What is one false theory about why the Nazis came to power?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)