|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm argue that leads to man act destructively?
(a) Participation in a group causes man to act destructively.
(b) Freedom causes man to act destructively.
(c) Isolation and fear causes man to act destructively.
(d) Capitalism causes man to act destructively.
2. Who does the individual submit to when conforming?
(c) A powerful leader.
(d) He does not submit.
3. What is the term Fromm uses to describe an individual act that does not compromise one's integrity?
(a) Positive acts.
(b) Positive freedom.
(c) Positive individuality.
(d) Negative freedom.
4. What practice does Fromm cite evidence that an individual's thoughts could be suggested by someone else?
(a) Electroshock therapy.
5. What historian believed that religion drives the social process?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an individual conform to society?
2. What does the social character influence?
3. What circumstances directly affected a person's willingness to submit to an authoritarian like Hitler?
4. What political ideology is reinforced by an authoritarian character?
5. What does the development of individual and social characters lead to?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)