Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings increase when automatic behaviors, like conformity, exist?
(a) Power and greed.
(b) Fear and isolation.
(c) Love and honesty.
(d) Freedom and integrity.
2. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
3. Prior to World War I, who was the lower, middle class obedient to?
(a) German chancellor.
(b) German monarchy.
(c) They were not obedient to anyone yet.
(d) President of the United States.
4. According to Fromm, why does sadism appear natural?
(a) It is not natural.
(b) It emphasizes the survival of nature over man.
(c) It emphasizes the survival of the fittest over nature and man.
(d) It is how animals survive.
5. What psychological idea is destructiveness related to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the individual submit to when conforming?
2. What is "pseudo-thinking"?
3. What did Freud believe to be the driving force behind human action?
4. What is "original" thought?
5. What historian believed that religion drives the social process?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)