|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has a key role in human development?
(a) Individual forces.
(b) Family forces.
(c) Social forces.
(d) Religious forces.
2. What is one false theory about why the Nazis came to power?
(a) The German people wanted the Nazi party to rise to power.
(b) The Nazi party rigged elections.
(c) The Nazi party was the least popular.
(d) The Nazis came to power via a strong political figure who coerced society.
3. What do Fromm's critics fear will happen to society during the process of individuality?
4. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) Society's need for submission.
(b) The isolation of man.
(c) Man's desire for power.
(d) Increased social freedom.
5. What feelings increase when automatic behaviors, like conformity, exist?
(a) Power and greed.
(b) Freedom and integrity.
(c) Love and honesty.
(d) Fear and isolation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the individual submit to when conforming?
2. What German social class both submitted to Hitler and fully adopted his Nazi ideology?
3. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
4. What does the social character influence?
5. What assumptions about man are made that lead people to fear chaos if he acts only in accordance with himself?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)