Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
(a) His individuality.
(b) HIs family.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His religion.
2. What cultural time period was Europe moving toward, following the Middle Ages?
(a) The Religious Era.
(b) The Dark Ages.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
3. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
(b) The lack of love for one's self.
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(c) United States.
5. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
6. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Man's explusion from paradise.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) Joseph and his brothers.
(d) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
7. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
8. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
(a) They were indifferent to one another.
(b) They were together.
(c) They were separate.
(d) They relied on each other.
9. Why was medieval man in bondage?
(a) He was not part of a group.
(b) He was still bound by primary ties.
(c) He was not self-aware.
(d) He was bound to the church.
10. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
(d) No one.
11. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) Man is at peace with nature.
(b) Man lost his family.
(c) There is discord between man and nature.
(d) Man lost freedom.
12. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) The economy.
(b) The arts.
(c) Religious doctrines.
(d) The wealthy class.
13. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
(a) The Middle Class.
(b) The oppressed.
(c) The church.
(d) The wealthy.
14. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
(a) Her head.
(b) The clouds above her.
(c) The skin of her hands.
(d) The wind ruffling the tree branches.
15. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
(a) Industrial Revolution.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Dark Ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
2. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
3. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
4. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
5. What is static adaptation?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)