Short Answer Questions Key
1. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
Dying while fighting for your freedom.
2. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
3. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
Freedom of the individual.
4. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
World War I.
5. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
People were seeking ways to escape from the responsibility of freedom.
This section contains 4,434 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)