|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
(a) Animals are smarter.
(b) Animals do not care about hierarchy.
(c) Animals are instinctual.
(d) Animals have more freedoms.
2. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
(a) The oppressed.
(b) The Middle Class.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The church.
3. Who wrote the book "The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism"?
(a) Max Weber.
(b) John Calvin.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Martin Luther.
4. What weaknesses do sadists and masochists compensate for?
(b) Lack of money.
(c) Isolation and fear.
5. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
(a) These societies were lacking training in democracy.
(b) People were seeking ways to escape from the responsibility of freedom.
(c) These leaders were too forceful and its members could not resist.
(d) These leaders were cunning and used trickery to get their way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
2. How does Fromm categorize the first group of Germans who supported the Nazis?
3. What is "original" thought?
4. When he first came to power, which social class did Hitler favor?
5. What did Hitler's sadistic nature lead him to desire?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)