|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
(a) They relied on each other.
(b) They were separate.
(c) They were indifferent to one another.
(d) They were together.
2. What is one false theory about why the Nazis came to power?
(a) The Nazi party rigged elections.
(b) The German people wanted the Nazi party to rise to power.
(c) The Nazis came to power via a strong political figure who coerced society.
(d) The Nazi party was the least popular.
3. Why did the Nazi regime appear to be stable?
(a) The citizens were in revolt.
(b) The population seemed to have its needs met.
(c) The population had trouble being submissive.
(d) Hitler was no longer in power.
4. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He does not suffer.
(b) He feels separated from nature and alone.
(c) He believes that what he did was wrong.
(d) He feels greedy.
5. What did Hitler's sadistic nature lead him to desire?
(a) He wanted to dominate and be submissive.
(b) He sought power over others.
(c) He wanted to be dominated.
(d) He wished to help others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
2. What is a mutually beneficial relationship called?
3. What does Fromm argue that leads to man act destructively?
4. What do Fromm's critics fear will happen to society during the process of individuality?
5. According to Fromm, why does sadism appear natural?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)