|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
(a) Dying while fighting for your freedom.
(b) Fighting for oppression was easier than fighting for freedom.
(c) Fighting for oppression.
(d) Fighting for freedom was not worth it.
2. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
(a) Religion and society.
(b) Man and society.
(c) Work and family.
(d) Man and nature.
3. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
4. Who is the servant of capitalism?
(d) The church.
5. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fromm separate the two groups of German people who supported the Nazis?
2. What weaknesses do sadists and masochists compensate for?
3. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
4. What is the social function of education?
5. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)