|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What violent acts between countries added to feelings of powerlessness and anxiety during the nineteenth century?
(a) Economic downturn.
2. Who described the fearful individual as tormented by self-doubt?
3. What does the social character influence?
(a) The social progress.
(b) The individual's desire for freedom.
(c) The economic process.
(d) The democractic system.
4. Why does Fromm suggest analyzing psychological mechanisms in individuals?
(a) It enables man to improve himself.
(b) He uses it to draw conclusions about the group(s) one belongs to.
(c) It helps understand society.
(d) Fromm believes it will lead to more freedom.
5. What tool developed out of the new capitalistic system that helped promote business?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Nazi regime appear to be stable?
2. What is automaton conformity?
3. What do Fromm's critics fear will happen to society during the process of individuality?
4. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
5. What social force does man rely on from others?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)