|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the lower, middle class of Nazi Germany do for a living?
(a) Government employees.
(b) Shopkeepers, artisans, and white collar workers.
(c) Doctors, lawyers, and accountants.
2. What do masochistic people seek?
(a) They want to dominate a weaker person.
(b) They want to dominate a stronger person.
(c) They want to both submit and dominate.
(d) They want to submit to a stronger person.
3. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
4. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
5. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What violent acts between countries added to feelings of powerlessness and anxiety during the nineteenth century?
2. What historian believed that religion drives the social process?
3. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
4. What forces in a capitalistic society isolate people?
5. What examples does Fromm cite in the chapter "Freedom and Democracy" of how a democratic society limits individuals?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)