|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
2. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
3. What psychological idea is destructiveness related to?
4. What example does Fromm use to point out a contradiction of freedom?
(a) Freedom of mobility.
(b) Freedom of capitalism.
(c) Freedom of speech.
(d) Freedom from social order.
5. Whose theory about economic gains driving history have many historians misunderstood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the social function of education?
2. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
3. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
4. How does Fromm define selfishness?
5. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)