|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
(d) Working class domination.
2. What does Fromm believe to be the main driving force in history?
(a) Economic indifference.
(b) Economic equality.
(c) Economic similarities.
(d) Economic difference.
3. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
4. What kind of acts are "phenomena of abundance"?
(a) Acts of individuality.
(b) Calculated acts.
(c) Free or spontaneous acts.
(d) Malicious acts.
5. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(d) Social psychological.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the middle class see an increase in white-collar workers?
2. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
3. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
4. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
5. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)