|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
(b) They cannot be mended.
(c) They become secondary ties.
(d) Primary ties cannot be cut.
2. According to Fromm, who must the economy be a servant to?
(b) The wealthy politicans.
(d) The economy should not serve anyone.
3. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
(b) There is no negative result.
4. What group was responsible for improving the economic position of the worker?
(a) Big business.
(b) Trade unions.
(c) The distant boss.
5. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
(a) The Middle Ages were indifferent to freedom.
(b) Personal freedom was reserved for the elite.
(c) Man had an abundance of personal freedom.
(d) Man had a lack of personal freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the social function of education?
2. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
3. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
4. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
5. According to Fromm, what religious thinking helps society prepare for capitalism?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)