|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do sadists seek?
(a) They seek to dominate others.
(b) They seek to be dominated.
(c) They seek submission.
(d) They avoid dominance.
2. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
3. What does Fromm say even a democratic society can pressure individuals to do?
(a) Submit to others.
(c) Dominate others.
(d) Give up their money.
4. Prior to World War I, who was the lower, middle class obedient to?
(a) German monarchy.
(b) They were not obedient to anyone yet.
(c) German chancellor.
(d) President of the United States.
5. What feeling did the inflation in 1923 Germany and the American crash in 1929 create?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
2. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
3. What circumstances directly affected a person's willingness to submit to an authoritarian like Hitler?
4. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
5. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)