|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the servant of capitalism?
(b) The church.
2. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
3. What was the ultimate goal of the Nazi party?
(a) Gain freedom.
(b) Gain power.
(c) Give up power.
(d) Strengthen German society for everyone.
4. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
(a) Man could move anywhere he wanted.
(b) Man could change his social order.
(c) Man could change his dress attire.
(d) Artisans could sell at any price.
5. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
(a) Submission and power.
(b) Wealth and knowledge.
(c) Dominance and submission.
(d) Power and dominance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What violent acts between countries added to feelings of powerlessness and anxiety during the nineteenth century?
2. Which writer summarized Fromm's thoughts on isolation and powerlessness?
3. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
4. What is Fromm's theory about Hitler and the success of the Nazi party?
5. What did the new wealthy class seek during the Renaissance?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)