|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The American Revolution.
2. How did Fromm separate the two groups of German people who supported the Nazis?
(a) Fromm based his thoughts on how people viewed each other.
(b) He based his ideas on how people viewed themselves.
(c) Fromm based his theory on the people's reactions to the Nazis.
(d) He based his theory on the people's reactions to the Jewish community.
3. What assumptions about man are made that lead people to fear chaos if he acts only in accordance with himself?
(a) People assume man will follow others.
(b) People assume man will make the best decisions, all the time.
(c) People assume man needs more freedom.
(d) People assume man is bad and will act destructively.
4. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
5. What political belief aligns with Fromm's definition of freedom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
2. What is "Mein Kampf"?
3. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
4. What is society's character based on?
5. In what country did John Calvin's Protestant movement get started?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)