|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
(a) They relied on each other.
(b) They were indifferent to one another.
(c) They were together.
(d) They were separate.
2. How did Fromm separate the two groups of German people who supported the Nazis?
(a) He based his theory on the people's reactions to the Jewish community.
(b) He based his ideas on how people viewed themselves.
(c) Fromm based his theory on the people's reactions to the Nazis.
(d) Fromm based his thoughts on how people viewed each other.
3. According to Fromm, who must the economy be a servant to?
(b) The wealthy politicans.
(c) The economy should not serve anyone.
4. What social structure does Fromm suggest should be part of the psychological aspect of society?
5. What historian believed that religion drives the social process?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of acts are "phenomena of abundance"?
2. Why does an individual conform to society?
3. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
4. What do masochists receive from their submissive acts?
5. What is Fromm's theory about Hitler and the success of the Nazi party?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)