|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool developed out of the new capitalistic system that helped promote business?
2. What forces does an individual need freedom from in order to be a free individual?
(a) Freedom from self and family.
(b) Freedom from thinking and self.
(c) Freedom from authority and outside constraints.
(d) Freedom from family and friends.
3. What political belief aligns with Fromm's definition of freedom?
4. What has a key role in human development?
(a) Religious forces.
(b) Family forces.
(c) Individual forces.
(d) Social forces.
5. What happened to Germany's economic stability following World War I?
(a) Germany's economy was the strongest in its history.
(b) Germany's economy was strengthened.
(c) Germany's economy remained unchanged.
(d) Germany's economy was weakened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What violent acts between countries added to feelings of powerlessness and anxiety during the nineteenth century?
2. What is NOT a characteristic of the old, middle class that Fromm identifies?
3. What weaknesses do sadists and masochists compensate for?
4. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
5. According to Fromm, who must the economy be a servant to?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)