|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
(a) Group belonging.
(b) Individual freedom.
2. What forces does an individual need freedom from in order to be a free individual?
(a) Freedom from family and friends.
(b) Freedom from self and family.
(c) Freedom from thinking and self.
(d) Freedom from authority and outside constraints.
3. What social structure does Fromm suggest should be part of the psychological aspect of society?
4. According to Fromm, what religious thinking helps society prepare for capitalism?
5. What do sadists seek?
(a) They avoid dominance.
(b) They seek to dominate others.
(c) They seek submission.
(d) They seek to be dominated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
2. What is automaton conformity?
3. What are the consequences for democratic societies when conformity exists?
4. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
5. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)