|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fromm, why does sadism appear natural?
(a) It emphasizes the survival of the fittest over nature and man.
(b) It emphasizes the survival of nature over man.
(c) It is how animals survive.
(d) It is not natural.
2. What world event left Germany in financial ruin and ultimately fostered support for Hitler among the lower, middle class Germans?
(a) World War I.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) World War II.
(d) Germany's civil war.
3. What tool developed out of the new capitalistic system that helped promote business?
4. What is "original" thought?
(a) A thought someone has that they think is their own.
(b) A thought that someone wants you to believe.
(c) Thoughts that originate from another person.
(d) Thoughts that orginate in the individual.
5. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
2. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
3. What is NOT a characteristic of the old, middle class that Fromm identifies?
4. Who replaces the original self?
5. Where did the Renaissance begin?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)