|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
(a) Man is more isolated but less independent.
(b) Man has no increased isolation or independence.
(c) Man is equally isolated and independent.
(d) Man is more independent but also more isolated.
2. What is "Mein Kampf"?
(a) Hitler's autobiography.
(b) A German history book.
(c) A book about pre-Hitler Germany.
(d) A book about the Holocaust.
3. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(a) R. Hughes.
4. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
(a) Loss of self.
(c) Increased individual freedom.
5. Why was medieval man in bondage?
(a) He was bound to the church.
(b) He was still bound by primary ties.
(c) He was not self-aware.
(d) He was not part of a group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
2. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
3. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
4. Why did the middle class see an increase in white-collar workers?
5. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)