|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political belief aligns with Fromm's definition of freedom?
2. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
(b) Loss of self.
(c) Increased individual freedom.
3. According to Fromm, why does sadism appear natural?
(a) It emphasizes the survival of nature over man.
(b) It is not natural.
(c) It is how animals survive.
(d) It emphasizes the survival of the fittest over nature and man.
4. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
(a) Work is anything man does for the group.
(b) Work is anything man does for himself.
(c) Work is whatever the individual wants it to be.
(d) Work is concrete and part of an economic system.
5. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of greed.
(b) An act of kindness.
(c) An act of freedom.
(d) An act of anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
2. What political ideology is reinforced by an authoritarian character?
3. What is automaton conformity?
4. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
5. What do both societies and individuals possess that make them unique?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)