|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ultimate goal of the Nazi party?
(a) Strengthen German society for everyone.
(b) Give up power.
(c) Gain power.
(d) Gain freedom.
2. Who must support the central bureaucracy in order for it to achieve its goal?
(a) The upper class of a given society.
(b) The middle class only.
(c) All the people in a given society.
(d) Both the lower and upper classes.
3. What is democratic socialism?
(a) A political and economic system where the people vote for a dictator.
(b) A political and economic system with a central bureaucracy that is supported by the people.
(c) Fascism with economic liberalism.
(d) Economic restictions with a free government.
4. What are the consequences for democratic societies when conformity exists?
(a) Too much trust in the community and dominance over others.
(b) Distrust of infomation and a willingness to believe what is told to you.
(c) Too little information is shared with society.
(d) Dominance over others is encouraged and rewarded.
5. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
2. What do both societies and individuals possess that make them unique?
3. What circumstances directly affected a person's willingness to submit to an authoritarian like Hitler?
4. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
5. What political ideology is reinforced by an authoritarian character?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)