|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
(a) Man is disconnected from nature.
(b) Man relies on learning in order to adapt to nature.
(c) Man needs others to guide him.
(d) Man is disconnected from his fellow man.
2. What does Fromm call the political freedoms associated with capitalism?
(a) Negative freedoms.
(b) Capitalistic freedoms.
(c) Monetary freedoms.
(d) Positive freedoms.
3. What do Fromm's critics fear will happen to society during the process of individuality?
4. Which writer summarized Fromm's thoughts on isolation and powerlessness?
(a) Julian Green.
5. What do both societies and individuals possess that make them unique?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weaknesses do sadists and masochists compensate for?
2. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
3. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
4. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
5. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)