|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) They become secondary ties.
(b) Primary ties cannot be cut.
(c) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
(d) They cannot be mended.
2. Why did the Nazi regime appear to be stable?
(a) The citizens were in revolt.
(b) Hitler was no longer in power.
(c) The population had trouble being submissive.
(d) The population seemed to have its needs met.
3. What did the new wealthy class seek during the Renaissance?
4. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(d) R. Hughes.
5. What example does Fromm use to point out a contradiction of freedom?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Freedom from social order.
(c) Freedom of mobility.
(d) Freedom of capitalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
2. What is "pseudo-thinking"?
3. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
4. What circumstances directly affected a person's willingness to submit to an authoritarian like Hitler?
5. Who described the fearful individual as tormented by self-doubt?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)