|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) Man is at peace with nature.
(b) Man lost freedom.
(c) There is discord between man and nature.
(d) Man lost his family.
2. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
(a) The wind ruffling the tree branches.
(b) The clouds above her.
(c) Her head.
(d) The skin of her hands.
3. What did Hitler's sadistic nature lead him to desire?
(a) He wanted to be dominated.
(b) He sought power over others.
(c) He wanted to dominate and be submissive.
(d) He wished to help others.
4. What does Fromm argue that leads to man act destructively?
(a) Participation in a group causes man to act destructively.
(b) Isolation and fear causes man to act destructively.
(c) Capitalism causes man to act destructively.
(d) Freedom causes man to act destructively.
5. What independent business does Fromm reference as a model for the new middle class?
(c) Gas station owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he first came to power, which social class did Hitler favor?
2. What did the new wealthy class seek during the Renaissance?
3. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
4. What is one false theory about why the Nazis came to power?
5. What did man lose as a result of his new-found freedom during the Renaissance?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)