|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fromm separate the two groups of German people who supported the Nazis?
(a) Fromm based his theory on the people's reactions to the Nazis.
(b) He based his theory on the people's reactions to the Jewish community.
(c) He based his ideas on how people viewed themselves.
(d) Fromm based his thoughts on how people viewed each other.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
3. What is "original" thought?
(a) Thoughts that originate from another person.
(b) A thought someone has that they think is their own.
(c) A thought that someone wants you to believe.
(d) Thoughts that orginate in the individual.
4. What assumptions about man are made that lead people to fear chaos if he acts only in accordance with himself?
(a) People assume man will make the best decisions, all the time.
(b) People assume man will follow others.
(c) People assume man is bad and will act destructively.
(d) People assume man needs more freedom.
5. What feelings increase when automatic behaviors, like conformity, exist?
(a) Fear and isolation.
(b) Power and greed.
(c) Love and honesty.
(d) Freedom and integrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to a love for Germany, what other authoritarian characteristic did Hitler possess?
2. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
3. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
4. What happened to Germany's economic stability following World War I?
5. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)