|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a key factor to the changes taking place in Europe at the close of the Middle Ages?
(a) Family structure changes.
(b) Economic change.
(c) Religious change.
(d) Social change.
2. How does Fromm define selfishness?
(a) Acting in one's self-interest.
(b) Being aware of one's self.
(c) Ignoring others.
(d) Enjoying capitalism.
3. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
(b) Working class domination.
4. What is a mutually beneficial relationship called?
5. What is the name of Franz Kafka's work that Fromm references in his book?
(a) The Trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, how is man best described?
2. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
3. What examples does Fromm cite in the chapter "Freedom and Democracy" of how a democratic society limits individuals?
4. What is automaton conformity?
5. Prior to World War I, who was the lower, middle class obedient to?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)