|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the political restraints that an individual has come to rely on are removed?
(a) The fear and isolation are completely eliminated.
(b) There is still fear, and isolated people find something new to depend on.
(c) The fear and isolation are made much worse.
(d) People finally feel free and individual.
2. What did Hitler's sadistic nature lead him to desire?
(a) He wanted to be dominated.
(b) He wished to help others.
(c) He sought power over others.
(d) He wanted to dominate and be submissive.
3. Who replaces the original self?
(a) The actual self.
(b) The conforming self.
(c) The social self.
(d) The pseudo self.
4. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
(a) Dominance and submission.
(b) Wealth and knowledge.
(c) Power and dominance.
(d) Submission and power.
5. Who is the servant of capitalism?
(b) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
2. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
3. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
4. Why does an individual conform to society?
5. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)