|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fromm separate the two groups of German people who supported the Nazis?
(a) Fromm based his theory on the people's reactions to the Nazis.
(b) He based his ideas on how people viewed themselves.
(c) He based his theory on the people's reactions to the Jewish community.
(d) Fromm based his thoughts on how people viewed each other.
2. What name does Fromm give to the isolation that allows Fascism to grow?
(b) Fertile soil.
3. Who must support the central bureaucracy in order for it to achieve its goal?
(a) The upper class of a given society.
(b) The middle class only.
(c) All the people in a given society.
(d) Both the lower and upper classes.
4. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The American Revolution.
5. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
(a) His religion.
(b) His occupation.
(c) HIs family.
(d) His individuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do sadists seek?
2. What German social class both submitted to Hitler and fully adopted his Nazi ideology?
3. What violent acts between countries added to feelings of powerlessness and anxiety during the nineteenth century?
4. What do masochists receive from their submissive acts?
5. What forces in a capitalistic society isolate people?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)