|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
(a) People were seeking ways to escape from the responsibility of freedom.
(b) These leaders were cunning and used trickery to get their way.
(c) These societies were lacking training in democracy.
(d) These leaders were too forceful and its members could not resist.
2. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
(b) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
(c) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
(d) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
3. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) Society shuns the child.
(b) There is no change in this relationship.
(c) The child becomes more included in a group.
(d) The child becomes more separated from society.
4. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
5. What German social class both submitted to Hitler and fully adopted his Nazi ideology?
(a) Upper class.
(c) Lower, middle class.
(d) Upper, middle class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
2. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
3. What did the Church during the Middle Ages promise people who accepted guilt for their sins?
4. According to Fromm, what religious thinking helps society prepare for capitalism?
5. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)