|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstances directly affected a person's willingness to submit to an authoritarian like Hitler?
(a) Isolation from society.
(d) Their economic situation.
2. How has the role of the "boss" changed in the modern world?
(a) The boss has a less personal role and is more anonymous.
(b) The boss works alongside his workers.
(c) The boss is more involved.
(d) There is no boss.
3. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
(a) Man had an abundance of personal freedom.
(b) The Middle Ages were indifferent to freedom.
(c) Personal freedom was reserved for the elite.
(d) Man had a lack of personal freedom.
4. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) Society's need for submission.
(b) Man's desire for power.
(c) The isolation of man.
(d) Increased social freedom.
5. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
(a) Freedom for the group.
(b) Obedience to a leader.
(c) A harmonious society.
(d) Freedom of the individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fromm, who must the economy be a servant to?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
3. Who must support the central bureaucracy in order for it to achieve its goal?
4. What type of character was familiar to the lower, middle class?
5. What German social class supported Hitler but did not adopt his ideologies?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)