|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Mein Kampf"?
(a) Hitler's autobiography.
(b) A book about pre-Hitler Germany.
(c) A book about the Holocaust.
(d) A German history book.
2. Why did the Nazi regime appear to be stable?
(a) The citizens were in revolt.
(b) Hitler was no longer in power.
(c) The population seemed to have its needs met.
(d) The population had trouble being submissive.
3. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
4. What social force does man rely on from others?
5. Why did the second group of Germans who both supported the Nazis and adopt their ideas submit to Hitler?
(a) They wanted to have more freedom.
(b) They wanted to dominate others.
(c) Nazism appealed to their desire for authoritarianism.
(d) They enjoyed fewer taxes under Nazism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the first group of Germans who supported Hitler submit to the power of the Nazis?
2. What political and economic beliefs does Fromm wish to reconnect man with?
3. What circumstances directly affected a person's willingness to submit to an authoritarian like Hitler?
4. Why is it possible for people to conform without their knowledge?
5. What did man lose as a result of his new-found freedom during the Renaissance?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)