|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it possible for people to conform without their knowledge?
(a) They do so subconsciously.
(b) It is not possible.
(c) People think their thoughts are their own, but they have come from another source.
(d) People want to belong.
2. How has the role of the "boss" changed in the modern world?
(a) The boss works alongside his workers.
(b) There is no boss.
(c) The boss is more involved.
(d) The boss has a less personal role and is more anonymous.
3. How did Luther define selfishness?
(c) Ignoring religion.
4. What is "pseudo-thinking"?
(a) Pretending to act on a thought.
(b) Impulsive thoughts.
(c) Pretending to think.
(d) Unconscious repitition of other's opinions as our own.
5. Why did the middle class see an increase in white-collar workers?
(a) Big business expansion.
(b) Increased education.
(c) Political reform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both societies and individuals possess that make them unique?
2. What is "spontaneous" action?
3. What is "original" thought?
4. What do masochistic people seek?
5. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)