|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is democratic socialism?
(a) A political and economic system where the people vote for a dictator.
(b) Economic restictions with a free government.
(c) Fascism with economic liberalism.
(d) A political and economic system with a central bureaucracy that is supported by the people.
2. What is man's "biological weakness"?
(b) Human culture.
3. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
(c) The lack of love for one's self.
4. What are the consequences for democratic societies when conformity exists?
(a) Too little information is shared with society.
(b) Too much trust in the community and dominance over others.
(c) Distrust of infomation and a willingness to believe what is told to you.
(d) Dominance over others is encouraged and rewarded.
5. How did Hitler feel about Germany?
(a) He loved Germany.
(b) He felt indifferently.
(c) He disliked Germany.
(d) He did not want to see Germany succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What German class of people was most likely to submit to Nazism?
2. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
3. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
4. Why were individuals able to enjoy some expressive and emotional freedom during medieval times?
5. What assumptions about man are made that lead people to fear chaos if he acts only in accordance with himself?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)