|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
(a) Trade unions.
(b) High taxes.
2. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
(a) No one.
3. What world event left Germany in financial ruin and ultimately fostered support for Hitler among the lower, middle class Germans?
(a) World War I.
(b) Germany's civil war.
(c) World War II.
(d) The French Revolution.
4. According to Fromm, who must the economy be a servant to?
(a) The economy should not serve anyone.
(c) The wealthy politicans.
5. What is "pseudo-thinking"?
(a) Pretending to act on a thought.
(b) Impulsive thoughts.
(c) Unconscious repitition of other's opinions as our own.
(d) Pretending to think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
2. What forces in a capitalistic society isolate people?
3. What are the consequences for democratic societies when conformity exists?
4. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
5. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)