|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church dominated religion during the Middle Ages?
(b) The Catholic Church.
2. What name does Fromm give to the isolation that allows Fascism to grow?
(c) Fertile soil.
3. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) Increased social freedom.
(b) Man's desire for power.
(c) The isolation of man.
(d) Society's need for submission.
4. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of kindness.
(b) An act of greed.
(c) An act of freedom.
(d) An act of anger.
5. What assumptions about man are made that lead people to fear chaos if he acts only in accordance with himself?
(a) People assume man will follow others.
(b) People assume man is bad and will act destructively.
(c) People assume man needs more freedom.
(d) People assume man will make the best decisions, all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
2. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
3. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
4. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
5. What feeling did the inflation in 1923 Germany and the American crash in 1929 create?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)