|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political ideology is reinforced by an authoritarian character?
2. What is Fromm's theory about Hitler and the success of the Nazi party?
(a) The German people adored Hitler.
(b) The explanation is as psychological as Hitler was neurotic.
(c) Hitler wanted to unify people.
(d) Hitler was well-regarded in world politics.
3. What practice does Fromm cite evidence that an individual's thoughts could be suggested by someone else?
(a) Electroshock therapy.
4. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) The economy.
(b) The wealthy class.
(c) The arts.
(d) Religious doctrines.
5. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an authoritarian character?
2. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
3. What is "pseudo-thinking"?
4. What German class of people was most likely to submit to Nazism?
5. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)