|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cultural time period was Europe moving toward, following the Middle Ages?
(a) The Dark Ages.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The Religious Era.
(d) The Renaissance.
2. What church dominated religion during the Middle Ages?
(d) The Catholic Church.
3. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
(c) Man's explusion from paradise.
(d) Joseph and his brothers.
4. What political tool was used to influence an individual who was voting?
(a) Voting blocs.
(c) Political propaganda.
5. Why is it possible for people to conform without their knowledge?
(a) It is not possible.
(b) They do so subconsciously.
(c) People want to belong.
(d) People think their thoughts are their own, but they have come from another source.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
2. What German social class both submitted to Hitler and fully adopted his Nazi ideology?
3. Prior to World War I, who was the lower, middle class obedient to?
4. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
5. How did Hitler feel about Germany?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)