|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
(b) Freedom is easily attained.
(c) For some, freedom is cherished.
(d) Freedom can be a threat.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
3. What did the lower, middle class of Nazi Germany do for a living?
(a) Shopkeepers, artisans, and white collar workers.
(b) Government employees.
(c) Doctors, lawyers, and accountants.
4. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
(a) His individuality.
(b) His religion.
(c) His occupation.
(d) HIs family.
5. Why were individuals able to enjoy some expressive and emotional freedom during medieval times?
(a) The freedom was given to them by the church.
(b) They fought for this freedom.
(c) They did not have any freedom whastoever.
(d) They knew their exact place in the social order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the social order provide individuals during the Middle Ages?
2. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
3. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
4. What organizations were formed during the Renaissance to control prices?
5. What does Fromm believe each individual is capable of expressing, as discussed in the chapter "Freedom and Democracy"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)