|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the individual submit to when conforming?
(b) A powerful leader.
(d) He does not submit.
2. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(d) R. Hughes.
3. What do masochists receive from their submissive acts?
4. What characteristic identified people during the Middle Ages?
(a) People were identified by their dress.
(b) People were identified by their birthplace.
(c) People were not separated by anything during this time.
(d) People were identified by their occupations.
5. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
Short Answer Questions
1. What examples does Fromm cite in the chapter "Freedom and Democracy" of how a democratic society limits individuals?
2. What do masochistic people seek?
3. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
4. What happened to Germany's economic stability following World War I?
5. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)