|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was responsible for improving the economic position of the worker?
(a) Big business.
(b) Trade unions.
(d) The distant boss.
2. What does Fromm call the political freedoms associated with capitalism?
(a) Positive freedoms.
(b) Capitalistic freedoms.
(c) Negative freedoms.
(d) Monetary freedoms.
3. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) They cannot be mended.
(b) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
(c) Primary ties cannot be cut.
(d) They become secondary ties.
4. Why did the Nazi regime appear to be stable?
(a) The citizens were in revolt.
(b) The population seemed to have its needs met.
(c) The population had trouble being submissive.
(d) Hitler was no longer in power.
5. What do sadists seek?
(a) They seek to dominate others.
(b) They avoid dominance.
(c) They seek to be dominated.
(d) They seek submission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings increase when automatic behaviors, like conformity, exist?
2. What practice does Fromm cite evidence that an individual's thoughts could be suggested by someone else?
3. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
4. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
5. What forces does an individual need freedom from in order to be a free individual?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)