|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) Primary ties cannot be cut.
(b) They become secondary ties.
(c) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
(d) They cannot be mended.
2. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
(a) Catholicism and Islam.
(b) Lutheranism and Calvinism.
(c) Hindu and Buddism.
(d) Judaism and Catholicism.
3. What was the ultimate goal of the Nazi party?
(a) Gain power.
(b) Strengthen German society for everyone.
(c) Give up power.
(d) Gain freedom.
4. Prior to World War I, who was the lower, middle class obedient to?
(a) German monarchy.
(b) They were not obedient to anyone yet.
(c) German chancellor.
(d) President of the United States.
5. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
(a) Ego and modesty.
(b) Money and loyalty.
(c) Fairness and greed.
(d) Individuality and freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What violent acts between countries added to feelings of powerlessness and anxiety during the nineteenth century?
2. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
3. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
4. What is automaton conformity?
5. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)