|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
2. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) There is no change in this relationship.
(b) The child becomes more separated from society.
(c) The child becomes more included in a group.
(d) Society shuns the child.
3. Why did the second group of Germans who both supported the Nazis and adopt their ideas submit to Hitler?
(a) They wanted to dominate others.
(b) They wanted to have more freedom.
(c) They enjoyed fewer taxes under Nazism.
(d) Nazism appealed to their desire for authoritarianism.
4. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
(a) Work is whatever the individual wants it to be.
(b) Work is anything man does for the group.
(c) Work is anything man does for himself.
(d) Work is concrete and part of an economic system.
5. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The American Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the social order provide individuals during the Middle Ages?
2. What feelings increase when automatic behaviors, like conformity, exist?
3. What world event left Germany in financial ruin and ultimately fostered support for Hitler among the lower, middle class Germans?
4. How does Fromm define selfishness?
5. Why did the first group of Germans who supported Hitler submit to the power of the Nazis?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)