|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(a) Social psychological.
2. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) Increased social freedom.
(b) The isolation of man.
(c) Society's need for submission.
(d) Man's desire for power.
3. What is man's "biological weakness"?
(c) Human culture.
4. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The centuries between the Reformation and present day.
(d) Biblical times.
5. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The American Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hitler feel about Germany?
2. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
3. What feelings increase when automatic behaviors, like conformity, exist?
4. What is automaton conformity?
5. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)