|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mutually beneficial relationship called?
2. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of kindness.
(b) An act of anger.
(c) An act of greed.
(d) An act of freedom.
3. Who replaces the original self?
(a) The social self.
(b) The actual self.
(c) The conforming self.
(d) The pseudo self.
4. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
(a) Group belonging.
(d) Individual freedom.
5. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
(a) People were seeking ways to escape from the responsibility of freedom.
(b) These societies were lacking training in democracy.
(c) These leaders were too forceful and its members could not resist.
(d) These leaders were cunning and used trickery to get their way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political ideology is a historical example of authoritarian mechanism?
2. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
3. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
4. What forces does an individual need freedom from in order to be a free individual?
5. What is individuation?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)