|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) Society shuns the child.
(b) The child becomes more separated from society.
(c) The child becomes more included in a group.
(d) There is no change in this relationship.
2. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
3. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
4. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
5. Why did the middle class see an increase in white-collar workers?
(a) Increased education.
(b) Big business expansion.
(d) Political reform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is static adaptation?
2. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
3. Why were individuals able to enjoy some expressive and emotional freedom during medieval times?
4. According to Fromm, what religious thinking helps society prepare for capitalism?
5. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)