|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
(b) No one.
2. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) They become secondary ties.
(b) Primary ties cannot be cut.
(c) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
(d) They cannot be mended.
3. What does Fromm call the political freedoms associated with capitalism?
(a) Positive freedoms.
(b) Negative freedoms.
(c) Monetary freedoms.
(d) Capitalistic freedoms.
4. In what country did John Calvin's Protestant movement get started?
5. What is the name of Franz Kafka's work that Fromm references in his book?
(a) The Trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
2. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
3. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
4. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
5. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)