|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
(b) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
(c) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
(d) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
2. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of freedom.
(b) An act of kindness.
(c) An act of greed.
(d) An act of anger.
3. What is man's "biological weakness"?
(d) Human culture.
4. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
(a) His individuality.
(b) His religion.
(c) HIs family.
(d) His occupation.
5. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(a) R. Hughes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
2. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
3. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
4. What forces does an individual need freedom from in order to be a free individual?
5. What example does Fromm use to point out a contradiction of freedom?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)