|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social force does man rely on from others?
2. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
(a) The Middle Ages were indifferent to freedom.
(b) Man had an abundance of personal freedom.
(c) Man had a lack of personal freedom.
(d) Personal freedom was reserved for the elite.
3. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
(b) Joseph and his brothers.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) Man's explusion from paradise.
4. What is individuation?
(a) The growing process of the individual.
(b) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
(c) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
(d) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
5. What political tool was used to influence an individual who was voting?
(a) Voting blocs.
(b) Political propaganda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic identified people during the Middle Ages?
2. What organizations were formed during the Renaissance to control prices?
3. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
4. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
5. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)