|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were individuals able to enjoy some expressive and emotional freedom during medieval times?
(a) They fought for this freedom.
(b) The freedom was given to them by the church.
(c) They knew their exact place in the social order.
(d) They did not have any freedom whastoever.
2. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
3. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
4. According to Fromm, what religious thinking helps society prepare for capitalism?
5. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
(a) Man could move anywhere he wanted.
(b) Artisans could sell at any price.
(c) Man could change his social order.
(d) Man could change his dress attire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
2. What independent business does Fromm reference as a model for the new middle class?
3. How does Fromm define selfishness?
4. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
5. In what country did John Calvin's Protestant movement get started?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)