|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling did the inflation in 1923 Germany and the American crash in 1929 create?
2. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
3. Who is the servant of capitalism?
(c) The church.
4. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
(b) There is no correlation.
(c) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
(d) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
5. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of kindness.
(b) An act of freedom.
(c) An act of anger.
(d) An act of greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church dominated religion during the Middle Ages?
2. What is man's "biological weakness"?
3. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
4. What organizations were formed during the Renaissance to control prices?
5. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)