|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
(a) Man could move anywhere he wanted.
(b) Artisans could sell at any price.
(c) Man could change his social order.
(d) Man could change his dress attire.
2. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
(a) Her head.
(b) The clouds above her.
(c) The wind ruffling the tree branches.
(d) The skin of her hands.
3. In what country did John Calvin's Protestant movement get started?
4. Who is the servant of capitalism?
(d) The church.
5. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
(a) Man relies on learning in order to adapt to nature.
(b) Man is disconnected from nature.
(c) Man is disconnected from his fellow man.
(d) Man needs others to guide him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
2. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
3. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
4. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
5. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)