|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who described the fearful individual as tormented by self-doubt?
2. What social force does man rely on from others?
3. According to Fromm, what religious thinking helps society prepare for capitalism?
4. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
(b) There is no negative result.
5. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) The arts.
(b) Religious doctrines.
(c) The wealthy class.
(d) The economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
2. What is man's "biological weakness"?
3. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
4. Which writer summarized Fromm's thoughts on isolation and powerlessness?
5. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)