|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
2. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
(a) Personal freedom was reserved for the elite.
(b) Man had a lack of personal freedom.
(c) Man had an abundance of personal freedom.
(d) The Middle Ages were indifferent to freedom.
3. What political tool was used to influence an individual who was voting?
(a) Voting blocs.
(c) Political propaganda.
4. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of greed.
(b) An act of freedom.
(c) An act of kindness.
(d) An act of anger.
5. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
(a) They were together.
(b) They were indifferent to one another.
(c) They relied on each other.
(d) They were separate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling did the inflation in 1923 Germany and the American crash in 1929 create?
2. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
3. What organizations were formed during the Renaissance to control prices?
4. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
5. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)