|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
2. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
(a) His religion.
(b) His individuality.
(c) His occupation.
(d) HIs family.
3. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
4. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
5. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
(a) Loss of self.
(d) Increased individual freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What violent acts between countries added to feelings of powerlessness and anxiety during the nineteenth century?
2. Who is the servant of capitalism?
3. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
4. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
5. How did Luther define selfishness?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)