|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
(a) Loss of self.
(c) Increased individual freedom.
2. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
3. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
(a) They were indifferent to one another.
(b) They were separate.
(c) They relied on each other.
(d) They were together.
4. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) Society shuns the child.
(b) The child becomes more included in a group.
(c) There is no change in this relationship.
(d) The child becomes more separated from society.
5. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(c) R. Hughes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
2. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
3. What is static adaptation?
4. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
5. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)