|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
(a) The Middle Ages were indifferent to freedom.
(b) Man had an abundance of personal freedom.
(c) Personal freedom was reserved for the elite.
(d) Man had a lack of personal freedom.
2. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
3. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
(a) Group belonging.
(b) Individual freedom.
4. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
5. In what country did John Calvin's Protestant movement get started?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
2. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
3. What did man lose as a result of his new-found freedom during the Renaissance?
4. What church dominated religion during the Middle Ages?
5. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)