|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
2. What organizations were formed during the Renaissance to control prices?
(a) The church.
3. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
(a) Man and society.
(b) Religion and society.
(c) Man and nature.
(d) Work and family.
4. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of greed.
(b) An act of anger.
(c) An act of freedom.
(d) An act of kindness.
5. According to Fromm, what religious thinking helps society prepare for capitalism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is individuation?
2. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
3. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
4. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
5. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)