|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forces does an individual need freedom from in order to be a free individual?
(a) Freedom from authority and outside constraints.
(b) Freedom from thinking and self.
(c) Freedom from family and friends.
(d) Freedom from self and family.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
3. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
4. What tool developed out of the new capitalistic system that helped promote business?
5. How does Fromm define selfishness?
(a) Ignoring others.
(b) Enjoying capitalism.
(c) Acting in one's self-interest.
(d) Being aware of one's self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
2. What was a key factor to the changes taking place in Europe at the close of the Middle Ages?
3. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
4. How has the role of the "boss" changed in the modern world?
5. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)