|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is static adaptation?
(a) When an existing structure is only partially changed.
(b) The adoption of a new habit.
(c) Adaptation that requires no change.
(d) The habit is modified but not changed completely.
2. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
3. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
4. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(d) R. Hughes.
5. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
(a) Man and society.
(b) Religion and society.
(c) Work and family.
(d) Man and nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
2. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
3. Why were individuals able to enjoy some expressive and emotional freedom during medieval times?
4. What social force does man rely on from others?
5. In what country did John Calvin's Protestant movement get started?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)