|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the new wealthy class seek during the Renaissance?
2. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) They cannot be mended.
(b) They become secondary ties.
(c) Primary ties cannot be cut.
(d) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
3. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
4. What did the social order provide individuals during the Middle Ages?
(c) Feelings of security and belonging.
5. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
(b) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
(c) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
(d) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
2. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
3. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
4. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
5. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)