|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did John Calvin's Protestant movement get started?
2. What characteristic identified people during the Middle Ages?
(a) People were identified by their occupations.
(b) People were identified by their birthplace.
(c) People were identified by their dress.
(d) People were not separated by anything during this time.
3. Why was medieval man in bondage?
(a) He was still bound by primary ties.
(b) He was not part of a group.
(c) He was bound to the church.
(d) He was not self-aware.
4. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
(a) He is unable to govern himself.
(b) He does not care about his individuality.
(c) He is unaware of the power of his actions.
(d) He feels too guilty.
5. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
2. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
3. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
5. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)