|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did man lose as a result of his new-found freedom during the Renaissance?
(a) Loss of family.
(b) Loss of security.
(c) Loss of social class.
(d) Loss of money.
2. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
(a) Her head.
(b) The clouds above her.
(c) The wind ruffling the tree branches.
(d) The skin of her hands.
3. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
(b) Craftsmen and merchants.
4. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
5. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) Man is at peace with nature.
(b) There is discord between man and nature.
(c) Man lost his family.
(d) Man lost freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
2. What is static adaptation?
3. What social force does man rely on from others?
4. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
5. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)