|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
(c) Empathy for others.
2. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of anger.
(b) An act of freedom.
(c) An act of greed.
(d) An act of kindness.
3. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
(a) Fighting for freedom was not worth it.
(b) Fighting for oppression.
(c) Dying while fighting for your freedom.
(d) Fighting for oppression was easier than fighting for freedom.
4. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
(a) Industrial Revolution.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Dark Ages.
5. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
(a) Hindu and Buddism.
(b) Catholicism and Islam.
(c) Lutheranism and Calvinism.
(d) Judaism and Catholicism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a key factor to the changes taking place in Europe at the close of the Middle Ages?
2. What did the Church during the Middle Ages promise people who accepted guilt for their sins?
3. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
4. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
5. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)