|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was medieval man in bondage?
(a) He was bound to the church.
(b) He was not part of a group.
(c) He was not self-aware.
(d) He was still bound by primary ties.
2. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
(a) The wind ruffling the tree branches.
(b) The skin of her hands.
(c) The clouds above her.
(d) Her head.
3. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The centuries between the Reformation and present day.
(d) Biblical times.
4. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
(a) Hindu and Buddism.
(b) Judaism and Catholicism.
(c) Lutheranism and Calvinism.
(d) Catholicism and Islam.
5. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The French Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
2. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
3. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
4. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
5. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)