|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was medieval man in bondage?
(a) He was still bound by primary ties.
(b) He was bound to the church.
(c) He was not self-aware.
(d) He was not part of a group.
2. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
3. What did the new wealthy class seek during the Renaissance?
4. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He believes that what he did was wrong.
(b) He feels greedy.
(c) He does not suffer.
(d) He feels separated from nature and alone.
5. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
2. What cultural time period was Europe moving toward, following the Middle Ages?
3. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
4. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
5. Why were individuals able to enjoy some expressive and emotional freedom during medieval times?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)