|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
(a) Ego and modesty.
(b) Fairness and greed.
(c) Individuality and freedom.
(d) Money and loyalty.
2. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(b) United States.
3. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) Freedom can be a threat.
(b) For some, freedom is cherished.
(c) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
(d) Freedom is easily attained.
4. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
(b) Craftsmen and merchants.
5. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
(b) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
(c) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
(d) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
2. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
3. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
4. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
5. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)