|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
(b) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
(c) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
(d) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
2. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The church.
(c) The oppressed.
(d) The Middle Class.
3. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
(b) There is no correlation.
(c) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
(d) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
4. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
5. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) There is no change in this relationship.
(b) The child becomes more included in a group.
(c) Society shuns the child.
(d) The child becomes more separated from society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Church during the Middle Ages promise people who accepted guilt for their sins?
2. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
3. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
4. What did the new wealthy class seek during the Renaissance?
5. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)