|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church dominated religion during the Middle Ages?
(a) The Catholic Church.
2. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
(a) His individuality.
(b) HIs family.
(c) His religion.
(d) His occupation.
3. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
4. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) Freedom can be a threat.
(b) For some, freedom is cherished.
(c) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
(d) Freedom is easily attained.
5. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
(a) He does not care about his individuality.
(b) He is unaware of the power of his actions.
(c) He is unable to govern himself.
(d) He feels too guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
2. What is static adaptation?
3. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
4. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
5. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)