|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the new wealthy class seek during the Renaissance?
2. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
3. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He feels separated from nature and alone.
(b) He feels greedy.
(c) He does not suffer.
(d) He believes that what he did was wrong.
4. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of anger.
(b) An act of greed.
(c) An act of freedom.
(d) An act of kindness.
5. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
(a) These leaders were cunning and used trickery to get their way.
(b) These leaders were too forceful and its members could not resist.
(c) These societies were lacking training in democracy.
(d) People were seeking ways to escape from the responsibility of freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
2. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
3. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
4. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
5. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)