|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
(a) Fighting for freedom was not worth it.
(b) Fighting for oppression.
(c) Fighting for oppression was easier than fighting for freedom.
(d) Dying while fighting for your freedom.
2. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) World War I.
3. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
(a) Craftsmen and merchants.
4. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
(a) They relied on each other.
(b) They were indifferent to one another.
(c) They were separate.
(d) They were together.
5. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
(a) Man is disconnected from his fellow man.
(b) Man is disconnected from nature.
(c) Man needs others to guide him.
(d) Man relies on learning in order to adapt to nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
2. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
3. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
4. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
5. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)