|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
(b) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
(c) There is no correlation.
(d) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
2. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
(b) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
(c) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
(d) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
3. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
(a) Freedom for the group.
(b) A harmonious society.
(c) Freedom of the individual.
(d) Obedience to a leader.
4. According to Freud, how is man best described?
5. What did the Church during the Middle Ages promise people who accepted guilt for their sins?
(a) The church did not do anything.
(b) Forgiveness and unconditional love.
(c) Disdain for sin.
(d) The church promised wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social force does man rely on from others?
2. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
3. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
4. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
5. What characteristic identified people during the Middle Ages?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)