|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
(a) Ego and modesty.
(b) Money and loyalty.
(c) Individuality and freedom.
(d) Fairness and greed.
2. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
(b) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
(c) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
(d) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
3. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
(a) Animals have more freedoms.
(b) Animals do not care about hierarchy.
(c) Animals are instinctual.
(d) Animals are smarter.
4. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
5. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
(c) Individual freedom.
(d) Group belonging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
2. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
3. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
4. What is man's "biological weakness"?
5. According to Freud, how is man best described?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)