|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
(a) HIs family.
(b) His individuality.
(c) His religion.
(d) His occupation.
2. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
(a) Animals are smarter.
(b) Animals have more freedoms.
(c) Animals do not care about hierarchy.
(d) Animals are instinctual.
3. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
(a) They relied on each other.
(b) They were indifferent to one another.
(c) They were separate.
(d) They were together.
4. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
(a) Man took a risk.
(b) Man separated himself from woman.
(c) Man fought against nature.
(d) Man took a step toward becoming an individual.
5. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) There is no correlation.
(b) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
(c) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
(d) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is man's "biological weakness"?
2. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
3. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
4. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
5. What social force does man rely on from others?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)