|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
(a) The centuries between the Reformation and present day.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) Biblical times.
2. What did the social order provide individuals during the Middle Ages?
(c) Feelings of security and belonging.
3. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
4. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
(a) Man needs others to guide him.
(b) Man is disconnected from nature.
(c) Man relies on learning in order to adapt to nature.
(d) Man is disconnected from his fellow man.
5. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He feels greedy.
(b) He believes that what he did was wrong.
(c) He does not suffer.
(d) He feels separated from nature and alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
2. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
3. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
5. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)