|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
(b) Craftsmen and merchants.
2. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
(a) Work is anything man does for himself.
(b) Work is whatever the individual wants it to be.
(c) Work is concrete and part of an economic system.
(d) Work is anything man does for the group.
3. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
(a) He feels too guilty.
(b) He does not care about his individuality.
(c) He is unaware of the power of his actions.
(d) He is unable to govern himself.
4. According to Freud, how is man best described?
5. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
(a) The Dark Ages.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) Industrial Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
2. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
3. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
4. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
5. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)