|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
(a) Individual freedom.
(c) Group belonging.
2. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
3. Why was medieval man in bondage?
(a) He was still bound by primary ties.
(b) He was bound to the church.
(c) He was not part of a group.
(d) He was not self-aware.
4. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
5. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
(a) Animals are smarter.
(b) Animals do not care about hierarchy.
(c) Animals have more freedoms.
(d) Animals are instinctual.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
2. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
3. What cultural time period was Europe moving toward, following the Middle Ages?
4. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
5. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)