|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) The arts.
(b) The economy.
(c) The wealthy class.
(d) Religious doctrines.
2. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
(b) Man's explusion from paradise.
(c) Joseph and his brothers.
(d) Noah's Ark.
3. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The American Revolution.
4. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
(a) Freedom of the individual.
(b) Freedom for the group.
(c) Obedience to a leader.
(d) A harmonious society.
5. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The centuries between the Reformation and present day.
(c) Biblical times.
(d) The Middle Ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
2. Where did the Renaissance begin?
3. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
4. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
5. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)