|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
2. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) The child becomes more separated from society.
(b) Society shuns the child.
(c) The child becomes more included in a group.
(d) There is no change in this relationship.
3. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
(c) Group belonging.
(d) Individual freedom.
4. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of kindness.
(b) An act of anger.
(c) An act of greed.
(d) An act of freedom.
5. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
2. What social force does man rely on from others?
3. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
4. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
5. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)