|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social force does man rely on from others?
2. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
3. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
4. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(b) Social psychological.
5. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
(a) These leaders were too forceful and its members could not resist.
(b) People were seeking ways to escape from the responsibility of freedom.
(c) These leaders were cunning and used trickery to get their way.
(d) These societies were lacking training in democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
2. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
3. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
4. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
5. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)