|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
(a) Work is anything man does for himself.
(b) Work is concrete and part of an economic system.
(c) Work is whatever the individual wants it to be.
(d) Work is anything man does for the group.
2. What is man's "biological weakness"?
(b) Human culture.
3. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
4. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
(a) The skin of her hands.
(b) Her head.
(c) The wind ruffling the tree branches.
(d) The clouds above her.
5. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
2. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
3. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
4. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
5. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)