|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is individuation?
(a) The growing process of the individual.
(b) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
(c) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
(d) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
2. According to Freud, how is man best described?
3. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) Freedom is easily attained.
(b) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
(c) Freedom can be a threat.
(d) For some, freedom is cherished.
4. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
5. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
(c) Group belonging.
(d) Individual freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
2. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
3. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
4. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
5. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)