|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of freedom.
(b) An act of greed.
(c) An act of kindness.
(d) An act of anger.
2. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
3. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
4. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
(a) The skin of her hands.
(b) The wind ruffling the tree branches.
(c) Her head.
(d) The clouds above her.
5. What is individuation?
(a) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
(b) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
(c) The growing process of the individual.
(d) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
2. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
3. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
4. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
5. Where did the Renaissance begin?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)