|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) For some, freedom is cherished.
(b) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
(c) Freedom is easily attained.
(d) Freedom can be a threat.
2. According to Freud, how is man best described?
3. What is individuation?
(a) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
(b) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
(c) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
(d) The growing process of the individual.
4. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He does not suffer.
(b) He feels separated from nature and alone.
(c) He believes that what he did was wrong.
(d) He feels greedy.
5. What is static adaptation?
(a) When an existing structure is only partially changed.
(b) Adaptation that requires no change.
(c) The habit is modified but not changed completely.
(d) The adoption of a new habit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
2. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
3. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
4. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
5. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)