|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
(a) The Middle Class.
(b) The oppressed.
(c) The church.
(d) The wealthy.
2. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) The wealthy class.
(b) The economy.
(c) The arts.
(d) Religious doctrines.
3. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The centuries between the Reformation and present day.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) Biblical times.
4. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
(a) There is no negative result.
5. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
2. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
3. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
4. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
5. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)