|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(a) United States.
2. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(b) R. Hughes.
3. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
4. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
(a) Fighting for oppression.
(b) Fighting for freedom was not worth it.
(c) Fighting for oppression was easier than fighting for freedom.
(d) Dying while fighting for your freedom.
5. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
(b) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
(c) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
(d) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social force does man rely on from others?
2. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
3. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
4. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
5. What is individuation?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)