|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
(a) Industrial Revolution.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Dark Ages.
2. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
(a) Man and nature.
(b) Man and society.
(c) Religion and society.
(d) Work and family.
3. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(d) Social psychological.
4. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
(a) These societies were lacking training in democracy.
(b) These leaders were too forceful and its members could not resist.
(c) These leaders were cunning and used trickery to get their way.
(d) People were seeking ways to escape from the responsibility of freedom.
5. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) Religious doctrines.
(b) The economy.
(c) The wealthy class.
(d) The arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
2. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
3. Where did the Renaissance begin?
4. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
5. What is man's "biological weakness"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)