|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
2. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
3. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
4. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
5. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) The child becomes more separated from society.
(b) The child becomes more included in a group.
(c) There is no change in this relationship.
(d) Society shuns the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
2. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
3. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
5. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)