|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) Religious doctrines.
(b) The arts.
(c) The wealthy class.
(d) The economy.
2. What social force does man rely on from others?
3. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
(a) Work is anything man does for the group.
(b) Work is anything man does for himself.
(c) Work is concrete and part of an economic system.
(d) Work is whatever the individual wants it to be.
4. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Man's explusion from paradise.
(b) Joseph and his brothers.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
5. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
(a) Empathy for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
2. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
3. What is man's "biological weakness"?
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
5. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)