|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
2. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(a) United States.
3. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(c) R. Hughes.
4. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) The child becomes more included in a group.
(b) Society shuns the child.
(c) There is no change in this relationship.
(d) The child becomes more separated from society.
5. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
(a) Animals are instinctual.
(b) Animals do not care about hierarchy.
(c) Animals are smarter.
(d) Animals have more freedoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
2. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
3. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
4. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
5. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)