|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
2. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
3. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
(a) Work is anything man does for himself.
(b) Work is anything man does for the group.
(c) Work is concrete and part of an economic system.
(d) Work is whatever the individual wants it to be.
4. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(b) Social psychological.
5. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
2. What is man's "biological weakness"?
3. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
4. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
5. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)