|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The Middle Class.
(c) The oppressed.
(d) The church.
2. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(d) United States.
3. What is individuation?
(a) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
(b) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
(c) The growing process of the individual.
(d) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
4. According to Freud, how is man best described?
5. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Joseph and his brothers.
(b) Man's explusion from paradise.
(c) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
(d) Noah's Ark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
2. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
3. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
4. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
5. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)