|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
(b) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
(c) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
(d) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
2. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
3. What social force does man rely on from others?
4. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
(a) Work is concrete and part of an economic system.
(b) Work is anything man does for the group.
(c) Work is whatever the individual wants it to be.
(d) Work is anything man does for himself.
5. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(c) Social psychological.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
2. Where did the Renaissance begin?
3. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
4. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
5. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)