|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(c) United States.
2. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
(a) Animals are instinctual.
(b) Animals do not care about hierarchy.
(c) Animals have more freedoms.
(d) Animals are smarter.
3. What is individuation?
(a) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
(b) The growing process of the individual.
(c) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
(d) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
4. What is man's "biological weakness"?
(a) Human culture.
5. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
(a) People were seeking ways to escape from the responsibility of freedom.
(b) These leaders were too forceful and its members could not resist.
(c) These societies were lacking training in democracy.
(d) These leaders were cunning and used trickery to get their way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
2. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
3. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
4. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
5. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)