|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(d) United States.
2. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
3. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
4. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
(a) Man separated himself from woman.
(b) Man fought against nature.
(c) Man took a step toward becoming an individual.
(d) Man took a risk.
5. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
2. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
3. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
4. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
5. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)