|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
(a) Freedom for the group.
(b) Obedience to a leader.
(c) Freedom of the individual.
(d) A harmonious society.
2. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
3. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
4. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
(c) No one.
5. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
(a) Work and family.
(b) Religion and society.
(c) Man and society.
(d) Man and nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
2. What is static adaptation?
3. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
5. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)