|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He feels separated from nature and alone.
(b) He feels greedy.
(c) He believes that what he did was wrong.
(d) He does not suffer.
2. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
3. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
(d) No one.
4. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
5. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of kindness.
(b) An act of freedom.
(c) An act of anger.
(d) An act of greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
3. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
4. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
5. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)