|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
(a) Group belonging.
(d) Individual freedom.
2. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(b) R. Hughes.
3. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
(a) Work is anything man does for the group.
(b) Work is anything man does for himself.
(c) Work is whatever the individual wants it to be.
(d) Work is concrete and part of an economic system.
4. What social force does man rely on from others?
5. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
2. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
3. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
4. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
5. What is individuation?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)