|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
(a) Biblical times.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) The centuries between the Reformation and present day.
2. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
(b) There is no correlation.
(c) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
(d) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
3. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
(a) There is no negative result.
4. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) Freedom can be a threat.
(b) Freedom is easily attained.
(c) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
(d) For some, freedom is cherished.
5. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) The arts.
(b) The economy.
(c) The wealthy class.
(d) Religious doctrines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
2. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
3. According to Freud, how is man best described?
4. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
5. What is static adaptation?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)