|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
(b) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
(c) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
(d) There is no correlation.
2. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(c) United States.
3. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He feels separated from nature and alone.
(b) He does not suffer.
(c) He feels greedy.
(d) He believes that what he did was wrong.
4. What is man's "biological weakness"?
(b) Human culture.
5. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
2. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
3. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
4. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
5. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)