|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
(b) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
(c) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
(d) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
2. What is static adaptation?
(a) Adaptation that requires no change.
(b) The adoption of a new habit.
(c) When an existing structure is only partially changed.
(d) The habit is modified but not changed completely.
3. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
4. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
(b) Man's explusion from paradise.
(c) Joseph and his brothers.
(d) Noah's Ark.
5. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) The economy.
(b) The arts.
(c) Religious doctrines.
(d) The wealthy class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
2. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
3. Where did the Renaissance begin?
4. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
5. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)