|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(a) United States.
2. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(a) Social psychological.
3. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
(c) Empathy for others.
4. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
5. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) Primary ties cannot be cut.
(b) They cannot be mended.
(c) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
(d) They become secondary ties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
2. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
3. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
4. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
5. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)