|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(a) R. Hughes.
2. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
(a) The Middle Class.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The church.
(d) The oppressed.
3. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of anger.
(b) An act of greed.
(c) An act of freedom.
(d) An act of kindness.
4. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
(c) Empathy for others.
5. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
2. What is individuation?
3. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
4. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
5. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)