|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He believes that what he did was wrong.
(b) He feels greedy.
(c) He feels separated from nature and alone.
(d) He does not suffer.
2. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
(a) Work is concrete and part of an economic system.
(b) Work is anything man does for himself.
(c) Work is anything man does for the group.
(d) Work is whatever the individual wants it to be.
3. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) The child becomes more included in a group.
(b) The child becomes more separated from society.
(c) There is no change in this relationship.
(d) Society shuns the child.
4. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) Freedom is easily attained.
(b) Freedom can be a threat.
(c) For some, freedom is cherished.
(d) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
5. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
(b) There is no correlation.
(c) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
(d) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
2. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
3. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
4. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
5. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)