|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(b) United States.
2. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) Society shuns the child.
(b) There is no change in this relationship.
(c) The child becomes more included in a group.
(d) The child becomes more separated from society.
3. What social force does man rely on from others?
4. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
5. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of freedom.
(b) An act of kindness.
(c) An act of anger.
(d) An act of greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
3. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
4. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
5. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)