|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(a) United States.
2. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
(a) Individual freedom.
(d) Group belonging.
3. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
4. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
5. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
(c) There is no negative result.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
2. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
3. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
4. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
5. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)