|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
(b) Empathy for others.
2. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
(d) There is no negative result.
3. What social force does man rely on from others?
4. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He believes that what he did was wrong.
(b) He feels separated from nature and alone.
(c) He does not suffer.
(d) He feels greedy.
5. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
(a) They adapt to a situation out of choice.
(b) They adapt when a new habit cannot be formed.
(c) They adapt to a new situation out of necessity to a situation.
(d) They adapt whn an old habit is broken in favor of a new one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
2. Where did the Renaissance begin?
3. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
4. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
5. What is individuation?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)