|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
(a) Fighting for oppression.
(b) Dying while fighting for your freedom.
(c) Fighting for freedom was not worth it.
(d) Fighting for oppression was easier than fighting for freedom.
2. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of freedom.
(b) An act of kindness.
(c) An act of greed.
(d) An act of anger.
3. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Joseph and his brothers.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
(d) Man's explusion from paradise.
4. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) Freedom is easily attained.
(b) Freedom can be a threat.
(c) For some, freedom is cherished.
(d) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
5. What social force does man rely on from others?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
2. What is individuation?
3. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
4. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
5. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)