Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) Man's desire for power.
(b) Increased social freedom.
(c) The isolation of man.
(d) Society's need for submission.
2. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
(b) Upper Class.
(c) Lower Class.
(d) Middle Class.
3. What did the Church during the Middle Ages promise people who accepted guilt for their sins?
(a) Forgiveness and unconditional love.
(b) The church did not do anything.
(c) Disdain for sin.
(d) The church promised wealth.
4. Which writer summarized Fromm's thoughts on isolation and powerlessness?
(b) Julian Green.
5. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
(b) Joseph and his brothers.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) Man's explusion from paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool developed out of the new capitalistic system that helped promote business?
2. How did Fromm separate the two groups of German people who supported the Nazis?
3. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
4. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
5. What group was responsible for improving the economic position of the worker?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)