|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Aspects of Freedom for Modern Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cultural time period was Europe moving toward, following the Middle Ages?
(a) The Religious Era.
(b) The Dark Ages.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
2. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(c) United States.
3. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Man's explusion from paradise.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) Joseph and his brothers.
(d) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
4. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
(a) They were indifferent to one another.
(b) They were together.
(c) They were separate.
(d) They relied on each other.
5. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
2. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
3. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
4. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
5. Why was medieval man in bondage?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)