|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
(a) Man has no increased isolation or independence.
(b) Man is equally isolated and independent.
(c) Man is more isolated but less independent.
(d) Man is more independent but also more isolated.
2. What is "pseudo-thinking"?
(a) Unconscious repitition of other's opinions as our own.
(b) Impulsive thoughts.
(c) Pretending to think.
(d) Pretending to act on a thought.
3. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
(a) Animals have more freedoms.
(b) Animals are smarter.
(c) Animals are instinctual.
(d) Animals do not care about hierarchy.
4. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
5. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
2. What forces in a capitalistic society isolate people?
3. What German social class both submitted to Hitler and fully adopted his Nazi ideology?
4. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
5. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)