|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the role of the "boss" changed in the modern world?
(a) The boss is more involved.
(b) There is no boss.
(c) The boss has a less personal role and is more anonymous.
(d) The boss works alongside his workers.
2. What example does Fromm use to point out a contradiction of freedom?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Freedom of capitalism.
(c) Freedom from social order.
(d) Freedom of mobility.
3. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
4. Who described the fearful individual as tormented by self-doubt?
5. What is the original self?
(a) Self that originates its own mental activities.
(b) Self that thinks like society.
(c) Self that thinks like the leader.
(d) Self that does not think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Luther teach about man?
2. What political ideology is a historical example of authoritarian mechanism?
3. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
4. What group was responsible for improving the economic position of the worker?
5. According to Fromm, why does sadism appear natural?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)