|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) Biblical times.
(c) The centuries between the Reformation and present day.
(d) The Middle Ages.
2. What did Luther teach about man?
(a) He is an individual.
(b) He is inherently corrupt.
(c) He is moral.
(d) He is not free.
3. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
(a) He is unaware of the power of his actions.
(b) He is unable to govern himself.
(c) He feels too guilty.
(d) He does not care about his individuality.
4. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(b) R. Hughes.
5. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(d) Social psychological.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Mein Kampf"?
2. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
3. What is an authoritarian character?
4. What is static adaptation?
5. What do both societies and individuals possess that make them unique?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)