|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The Middle Class.
(c) The church.
(d) The oppressed.
2. What is Fromm's theory about Hitler and the success of the Nazi party?
(a) Hitler wanted to unify people.
(b) Hitler was well-regarded in world politics.
(c) The explanation is as psychological as Hitler was neurotic.
(d) The German people adored Hitler.
3. What forces in a capitalistic society isolate people?
(a) Social forces.
(b) Economic forces.
(c) Religious forces.
(d) Familial forces.
4. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The American Revolution.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
5. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
(c) Empathy for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weaknesses do sadists and masochists compensate for?
2. What feeling did the inflation in 1923 Germany and the American crash in 1929 create?
3. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
4. What political ideology is reinforced by an authoritarian character?
5. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)