|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he first came to power, which social class did Hitler favor?
(a) Lower class.
(b) Middle class.
(c) Upper class.
2. What did Hitler's sadistic nature lead him to desire?
(a) He sought power over others.
(b) He wished to help others.
(c) He wanted to be dominated.
(d) He wanted to dominate and be submissive.
3. Which writer summarized Fromm's thoughts on isolation and powerlessness?
(a) Julian Green.
4. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
(c) The lack of love for one's self.
5. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
(d) Working class domination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "original" thought?
2. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
3. How has the role of the "boss" changed in the modern world?
4. What do masochists receive from their submissive acts?
5. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)