|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political tool was used to influence an individual who was voting?
(a) Voting blocs.
(c) Political propaganda.
2. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
(a) The centuries between the Reformation and present day.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) Biblical times.
(d) The Renaissance.
3. What do both societies and individuals possess that make them unique?
4. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) There is no correlation.
(b) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
(c) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
(d) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
5. What political ideology is a historical example of authoritarian mechanism?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
2. What independent business does Fromm reference as a model for the new middle class?
3. What do masochistic people seek?
4. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
5. What psychological idea is destructiveness related to?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)