|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
3. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
(a) He is unable to govern himself.
(b) He is unaware of the power of his actions.
(c) He does not care about his individuality.
(d) He feels too guilty.
4. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of anger.
(b) An act of greed.
(c) An act of kindness.
(d) An act of freedom.
5. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
(b) Working class domination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political belief aligns with Fromm's definition of freedom?
2. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
3. What does Fromm call the political freedoms associated with capitalism?
4. What independent business does Fromm reference as a model for the new middle class?
5. According to Fromm, why does sadism appear natural?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)