|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did man lose as a result of his new-found freedom during the Renaissance?
(a) Loss of family.
(b) Loss of security.
(c) Loss of social class.
(d) Loss of money.
2. What is "Mein Kampf"?
(a) A book about pre-Hitler Germany.
(b) Hitler's autobiography.
(c) A German history book.
(d) A book about the Holocaust.
3. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The French Revolution.
4. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
(a) Lower Class.
(c) Middle Class.
(d) Upper Class.
5. Why were individuals able to enjoy some expressive and emotional freedom during medieval times?
(a) They did not have any freedom whastoever.
(b) The freedom was given to them by the church.
(c) They fought for this freedom.
(d) They knew their exact place in the social order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic identified people during the Middle Ages?
2. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
3. What practice does Fromm cite evidence that an individual's thoughts could be suggested by someone else?
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
5. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)