|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
(d) No one.
2. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
(a) The skin of her hands.
(b) The wind ruffling the tree branches.
(c) The clouds above her.
(d) Her head.
3. What German class of people was most likely to submit to Nazism?
(b) Lower, middle classes.
(c) Upper class.
(d) Working class.
4. What happens when the political restraints that an individual has come to rely on are removed?
(a) There is still fear, and isolated people find something new to depend on.
(b) People finally feel free and individual.
(c) The fear and isolation are completely eliminated.
(d) The fear and isolation are made much worse.
5. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(a) Social psychological.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is democratic socialism?
2. How did capitalism change the role of individuals?
3. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
4. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
5. Why did the first group of Germans who supported Hitler submit to the power of the Nazis?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)