|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
(a) Man fought against nature.
(b) Man took a step toward becoming an individual.
(c) Man took a risk.
(d) Man separated himself from woman.
2. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
(a) Lutheranism and Calvinism.
(b) Judaism and Catholicism.
(c) Hindu and Buddism.
(d) Catholicism and Islam.
3. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) Man is at peace with nature.
(b) Man lost freedom.
(c) Man lost his family.
(d) There is discord between man and nature.
4. What is Fromm's theory about Hitler and the success of the Nazi party?
(a) The explanation is as psychological as Hitler was neurotic.
(b) Hitler wanted to unify people.
(c) Hitler was well-regarded in world politics.
(d) The German people adored Hitler.
5. What type of character was familiar to the lower, middle class?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Fromm give to the isolation that allows Fascism to grow?
2. In addition to a love for Germany, what other authoritarian characteristic did Hitler possess?
3. Why was medieval man in bondage?
4. Why did the first group of Germans who supported Hitler submit to the power of the Nazis?
5. What do masochistic people seek?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)