|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both societies and individuals possess that make them unique?
2. What happened to Germany's economic stability following World War I?
(a) Germany's economy was weakened.
(b) Germany's economy was the strongest in its history.
(c) Germany's economy remained unchanged.
(d) Germany's economy was strengthened.
3. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
(a) Man could move anywhere he wanted.
(b) Man could change his dress attire.
(c) Man could change his social order.
(d) Artisans could sell at any price.
4. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
5. What independent business does Fromm reference as a model for the new middle class?
(d) Gas station owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the first group of Germans who supported Hitler submit to the power of the Nazis?
2. What does Fromm believe each individual is capable of expressing, as discussed in the chapter "Freedom and Democracy"?
3. How has the role of the "boss" changed in the modern world?
4. Who must support the central bureaucracy in order for it to achieve its goal?
5. Why does an individual conform to society?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)