|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstances directly affected a person's willingness to submit to an authoritarian like Hitler?
(b) Their economic situation.
(d) Isolation from society.
2. What practice does Fromm cite evidence that an individual's thoughts could be suggested by someone else?
(c) Electroshock therapy.
3. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
4. What does Fromm call the political freedoms associated with capitalism?
(a) Positive freedoms.
(b) Capitalistic freedoms.
(c) Monetary freedoms.
(d) Negative freedoms.
5. What was a key factor to the changes taking place in Europe at the close of the Middle Ages?
(a) Social change.
(b) Family structure changes.
(c) Economic change.
(d) Religious change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
2. What did the social order provide individuals during the Middle Ages?
3. What political and economic beliefs does Fromm wish to reconnect man with?
4. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
5. How does Fromm categorize the second group of Germans who supported the Nazis?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)