|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an authoritarian character?
(a) A person who seeks authority over others.
(b) A person who submits to authority and wants to exercise authority over others.
(c) A person who does not respect authority.
(d) A person who submits to authority but does not hold it over others.
2. What does Fromm say even a democratic society can pressure individuals to do?
(b) Submit to others.
(c) Give up their money.
(d) Dominate others.
3. What is individuation?
(a) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
(b) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
(c) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
(d) The growing process of the individual.
4. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
5. How does Fromm define selfishness?
(a) Being aware of one's self.
(b) Acting in one's self-interest.
(c) Enjoying capitalism.
(d) Ignoring others.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fromm categorize the second group of Germans who supported the Nazis?
2. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
3. What was the ultimate goal of the Nazi party?
4. What happened to Germany's economic stability following World War I?
5. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)