|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "spontaneous" action?
(a) Actions that come from what an individual used to do.
(b) Actions that come from what others do.
(c) Actions that come from what a person feels and thinks.
(d) Actions that come from what others feel and think.
2. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
3. What is "pseudo-thinking"?
(a) Pretending to act on a thought.
(b) Pretending to think.
(c) Impulsive thoughts.
(d) Unconscious repitition of other's opinions as our own.
4. What practice does Fromm cite evidence that an individual's thoughts could be suggested by someone else?
(c) Electroshock therapy.
5. Which writer summarized Fromm's thoughts on isolation and powerlessness?
(a) Julian Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
2. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
3. What characteristic identified people during the Middle Ages?
4. What is man's "biological weakness"?
5. What is individuation?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)