|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
(b) The lack of love for one's self.
2. Who does the individual submit to when conforming?
(b) He does not submit.
(c) A powerful leader.
3. What German class of people was most likely to submit to Nazism?
(b) Working class.
(c) Upper class.
(d) Lower, middle classes.
4. Who described the fearful individual as tormented by self-doubt?
5. What is Fromm's theory about Hitler and the success of the Nazi party?
(a) The explanation is as psychological as Hitler was neurotic.
(b) The German people adored Hitler.
(c) Hitler wanted to unify people.
(d) Hitler was well-regarded in world politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
2. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
3. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
4. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
5. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)