|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the role of the "boss" changed in the modern world?
(a) There is no boss.
(b) The boss works alongside his workers.
(c) The boss has a less personal role and is more anonymous.
(d) The boss is more involved.
2. What does Fromm argue that leads to man act destructively?
(a) Participation in a group causes man to act destructively.
(b) Capitalism causes man to act destructively.
(c) Freedom causes man to act destructively.
(d) Isolation and fear causes man to act destructively.
3. What is man's "biological weakness"?
(c) Human culture.
4. What example does Fromm use to point out a contradiction of freedom?
(a) Freedom from social order.
(b) Freedom of speech.
(c) Freedom of capitalism.
(d) Freedom of mobility.
5. What does Fromm say even a democratic society can pressure individuals to do?
(b) Submit to others.
(c) Give up their money.
(d) Dominate others.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter "Freedom and Democracy," how does a person develop individuality?
2. What did the Church during the Middle Ages promise people who accepted guilt for their sins?
3. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
4. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
5. According to Fromm, who must the economy be a servant to?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)