|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forces in a capitalistic society isolate people?
(a) Social forces.
(b) Economic forces.
(c) Familial forces.
(d) Religious forces.
2. What feelings increase when automatic behaviors, like conformity, exist?
(a) Freedom and integrity.
(b) Power and greed.
(c) Fear and isolation.
(d) Love and honesty.
3. What is automaton conformity?
(a) Conforming only to one's self.
(b) The practice of individuals becoming like everyone else.
(c) The practice of conforming to a hero.
(d) The practice of ignoring society.
4. How did Hitler feel about Germany?
(a) He felt indifferently.
(b) He did not want to see Germany succeed.
(c) He disliked Germany.
(d) He loved Germany.
5. How does Fromm categorize the first group of Germans who supported the Nazis?
(a) Germans who joined the Nazis.
(b) Those who did not submit to the Nazis.
(c) Those who submitted to the Nazis but did not accept their ideas.
(d) Those who both submitted to the Nazis and adopted their ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
2. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
3. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
4. What is "original" thought?
5. What do masochistic people seek?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)