|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
(b) Craftsmen and merchants.
2. What circumstances directly affected a person's willingness to submit to an authoritarian like Hitler?
(b) Their economic situation.
(c) Isolation from society.
3. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) Increased social freedom.
(b) The isolation of man.
(c) Society's need for submission.
(d) Man's desire for power.
4. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
(a) These societies were lacking training in democracy.
(b) People were seeking ways to escape from the responsibility of freedom.
(c) These leaders were too forceful and its members could not resist.
(d) These leaders were cunning and used trickery to get their way.
5. What political belief aligns with Fromm's definition of freedom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings increase when automatic behaviors, like conformity, exist?
2. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
3. What does Fromm argue that leads to man act destructively?
4. What did Luther teach about man?
5. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)