|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(a) United States.
2. What feelings increase when automatic behaviors, like conformity, exist?
(a) Love and honesty.
(b) Fear and isolation.
(c) Power and greed.
(d) Freedom and integrity.
3. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
(c) Working class domination.
4. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
5. Why does Fromm suggest analyzing psychological mechanisms in individuals?
(a) He uses it to draw conclusions about the group(s) one belongs to.
(b) It helps understand society.
(c) It enables man to improve himself.
(d) Fromm believes it will lead to more freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is automaton conformity?
2. What violent acts between countries added to feelings of powerlessness and anxiety during the nineteenth century?
3. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
4. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
5. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)