|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is static adaptation?
(a) When an existing structure is only partially changed.
(b) Adaptation that requires no change.
(c) The habit is modified but not changed completely.
(d) The adoption of a new habit.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
3. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
4. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) They cannot be mended.
(b) Primary ties cannot be cut.
(c) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
(d) They become secondary ties.
5. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
2. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
3. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
4. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
5. What is individuation?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)