|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
(a) These societies were lacking training in democracy.
(b) These leaders were too forceful and its members could not resist.
(c) These leaders were cunning and used trickery to get their way.
(d) People were seeking ways to escape from the responsibility of freedom.
2. According to Freud, how is man best described?
3. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
(b) Working class domination.
4. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
5. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
(a) Individuality and freedom.
(b) Ego and modesty.
(c) Money and loyalty.
(d) Fairness and greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
2. What did man lose as a result of his new-found freedom during the Renaissance?
3. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
4. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
5. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)