|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
(a) Craftsmen and merchants.
2. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
(a) Man fought against nature.
(b) Man separated himself from woman.
(c) Man took a step toward becoming an individual.
(d) Man took a risk.
3. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
(a) The skin of her hands.
(b) The wind ruffling the tree branches.
(c) Her head.
(d) The clouds above her.
4. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
(d) There is no negative result.
5. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
(a) Increased individual freedom.
(c) Loss of self.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, how is man best described?
2. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
3. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
4. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
5. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)