|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of anger.
(b) An act of greed.
(c) An act of freedom.
(d) An act of kindness.
2. What organizations were formed during the Renaissance to control prices?
(c) The church.
3. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
(c) Loss of self.
(d) Increased individual freedom.
4. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
(a) Man had an abundance of personal freedom.
(b) Personal freedom was reserved for the elite.
(c) Man had a lack of personal freedom.
(d) The Middle Ages were indifferent to freedom.
5. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
2. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
3. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
4. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
5. What did man lose as a result of his new-found freedom during the Renaissance?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)