|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
(a) Man had a lack of personal freedom.
(b) Personal freedom was reserved for the elite.
(c) The Middle Ages were indifferent to freedom.
(d) Man had an abundance of personal freedom.
2. What did man lose as a result of his new-found freedom during the Renaissance?
(a) Loss of security.
(b) Loss of family.
(c) Loss of money.
(d) Loss of social class.
3. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
4. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
(a) Fighting for freedom was not worth it.
(b) Fighting for oppression.
(c) Fighting for oppression was easier than fighting for freedom.
(d) Dying while fighting for your freedom.
5. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
(a) Fairness and greed.
(b) Money and loyalty.
(c) Ego and modesty.
(d) Individuality and freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organizations were formed during the Renaissance to control prices?
2. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
3. What did the Church during the Middle Ages promise people who accepted guilt for their sins?
4. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
5. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)