|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
(a) Man relies on learning in order to adapt to nature.
(b) Man is disconnected from his fellow man.
(c) Man needs others to guide him.
(d) Man is disconnected from nature.
2. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) Freedom can be a threat.
(b) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
(c) For some, freedom is cherished.
(d) Freedom is easily attained.
3. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) The economy.
(b) Religious doctrines.
(c) The arts.
(d) The wealthy class.
4. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
(a) Man had an abundance of personal freedom.
(b) Personal freedom was reserved for the elite.
(c) The Middle Ages were indifferent to freedom.
(d) Man had a lack of personal freedom.
5. According to Calvin, what can change a person's destiny?
Short Answer Questions
1. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
2. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
3. What did the Church during the Middle Ages promise people who accepted guilt for their sins?
4. What did the social order provide individuals during the Middle Ages?
5. What time period was marked by man's darkness and scheming?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)