|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) Primary ties cannot be cut.
(b) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
(c) They become secondary ties.
(d) They cannot be mended.
2. What church dominated religion during the Middle Ages?
(c) The Catholic Church.
3. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(b) United States.
4. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
(a) Man and society.
(b) Work and family.
(c) Man and nature.
(d) Religion and society.
5. What characteristic identified people during the Middle Ages?
(a) People were identified by their occupations.
(b) People were identified by their birthplace.
(c) People were not separated by anything during this time.
(d) People were identified by their dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
2. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
3. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
4. What is man's "biological weakness"?
5. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)