|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
(a) A harmonious society.
(b) Freedom of the individual.
(c) Freedom for the group.
(d) Obedience to a leader.
2. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) Freedom can be a threat.
(b) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
(c) Freedom is easily attained.
(d) For some, freedom is cherished.
3. Why was medieval man in bondage?
(a) He was not part of a group.
(b) He was not self-aware.
(c) He was still bound by primary ties.
(d) He was bound to the church.
4. What cultural time period was Europe moving toward, following the Middle Ages?
(a) The Industrial Revolution.
(b) The Religious Era.
(c) The Dark Ages.
(d) The Renaissance.
5. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the new wealthy class seek during the Renaissance?
2. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
3. What is individuation?
4. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
5. According to Freud, how is man best described?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)