|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) Man's explusion from paradise.
(c) Joseph and his brothers.
(d) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
2. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
(a) Man took a risk.
(b) Man fought against nature.
(c) Man separated himself from woman.
(d) Man took a step toward becoming an individual.
3. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of anger.
(b) An act of kindness.
(c) An act of freedom.
(d) An act of greed.
4. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
5. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
2. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
3. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
4. What did the social order provide individuals during the Middle Ages?
5. What was a key factor to the changes taking place in Europe at the close of the Middle Ages?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)