|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
(a) Artisans could sell at any price.
(b) Man could change his social order.
(c) Man could move anywhere he wanted.
(d) Man could change his dress attire.
2. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
(b) There is no correlation.
(c) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
(d) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
3. What is static adaptation?
(a) The habit is modified but not changed completely.
(b) When an existing structure is only partially changed.
(c) Adaptation that requires no change.
(d) The adoption of a new habit.
4. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
(a) Money and loyalty.
(b) Individuality and freedom.
(c) Ego and modesty.
(d) Fairness and greed.
5. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a positive social aspect of the Middle Ages?
2. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
3. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
4. Why was medieval man in bondage?
5. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)