|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was medieval man in bondage?
(a) He was bound to the church.
(b) He was still bound by primary ties.
(c) He was not part of a group.
(d) He was not self-aware.
2. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
(a) Man relies on learning in order to adapt to nature.
(b) Man is disconnected from his fellow man.
(c) Man is disconnected from nature.
(d) Man needs others to guide him.
3. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
(b) There is no negative result.
4. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
(a) He is unable to govern himself.
(b) He feels too guilty.
(c) He does not care about his individuality.
(d) He is unaware of the power of his actions.
5. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) There is no change in this relationship.
(b) The child becomes more separated from society.
(c) Society shuns the child.
(d) The child becomes more included in a group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
2. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
3. According to Freud, how is man best described?
4. When are fears most likely to be flexible?
5. What does Fromm believe is the greatest assertion of individuality?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)