|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
2. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
3. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
(a) The Middle Ages were indifferent to freedom.
(b) Man had an abundance of personal freedom.
(c) Personal freedom was reserved for the elite.
(d) Man had a lack of personal freedom.
4. What is individuation?
(a) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
(b) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
(c) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
(d) The growing process of the individual.
5. What characteristic identified people during the Middle Ages?
(a) People were identified by their occupations.
(b) People were not separated by anything during this time.
(c) People were identified by their birthplace.
(d) People were identified by their dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
2. What is often a negative result of man's freedom?
3. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
4. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
5. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)