|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
2. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(d) Social psychological.
3. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of freedom.
(b) An act of kindness.
(c) An act of anger.
(d) An act of greed.
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(b) United States.
5. What was a key factor to the changes taking place in Europe at the close of the Middle Ages?
(a) Economic change.
(b) Religious change.
(c) Family structure changes.
(d) Social change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
2. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
3. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
4. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
5. What factor most affected a person's change of identify during the Middle Ages?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)