|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(d) United States.
2. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(a) Social psychological.
3. Why were individuals able to enjoy some expressive and emotional freedom during medieval times?
(a) They knew their exact place in the social order.
(b) The freedom was given to them by the church.
(c) They fought for this freedom.
(d) They did not have any freedom whastoever.
4. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
5. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
(a) The Middle Class.
(b) The oppressed.
(c) The church.
(d) The wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
2. How did the Middle Ages support man's freedom?
3. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
4. What is man's "biological weakness"?
5. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)