|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
(c) No one.
2. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
(a) Hindu and Buddism.
(b) Judaism and Catholicism.
(c) Lutheranism and Calvinism.
(d) Catholicism and Islam.
3. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
(b) There is no correlation.
(c) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
(d) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
4. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
5. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of kindness.
(b) An act of greed.
(c) An act of freedom.
(d) An act of anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
2. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
3. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
4. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
5. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)