|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
(a) Judaism and Catholicism.
(b) Hindu and Buddism.
(c) Lutheranism and Calvinism.
(d) Catholicism and Islam.
2. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
(a) An act of freedom.
(b) An act of greed.
(c) An act of kindness.
(d) An act of anger.
3. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
4. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
5. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
2. What did the social order provide individuals during the Middle Ages?
3. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
4. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
5. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)