Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom and Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do masochistic people seek?
(a) They want to dominate a weaker person.
(b) They want to both submit and dominate.
(c) They want to dominate a stronger person.
(d) They want to submit to a stronger person.
2. What does Fromm call the political freedoms associated with capitalism?
(a) Capitalistic freedoms.
(b) Monetary freedoms.
(c) Negative freedoms.
(d) Positive freedoms.
3. What did man lose as a result of his new-found freedom during the Renaissance?
(a) Loss of money.
(b) Loss of security.
(c) Loss of social class.
(d) Loss of family.
4. What political ideology is reinforced by an authoritarian character?
5. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He believes that what he did was wrong.
(b) He feels separated from nature and alone.
(c) He does not suffer.
(d) He feels greedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
2. How did Hitler feel about Germany?
3. What did the social order provide individuals during the Middle Ages?
4. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
5. What is the term Fromm uses to describe an individual act that does not compromise one's integrity?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)