|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
(b) Working class domination.
2. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) Society's need for submission.
(b) Increased social freedom.
(c) The isolation of man.
(d) Man's desire for power.
3. What is individuation?
(a) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
(b) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
(c) The growing process of the individual.
(d) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
4. What political tool was used to influence an individual who was voting?
(c) Political propaganda.
(d) Voting blocs.
5. How does Fromm categorize the first group of Germans who supported the Nazis?
(a) Those who did not submit to the Nazis.
(b) Germans who joined the Nazis.
(c) Those who both submitted to the Nazis and adopted their ideas.
(d) Those who submitted to the Nazis but did not accept their ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
2. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
3. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
4. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
5. What was the ultimate goal of the Nazi party?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)