|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
(a) Religion and society.
(b) Work and family.
(c) Man and nature.
(d) Man and society.
2. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
3. Which writer summarized Fromm's thoughts on isolation and powerlessness?
(d) Julian Green.
4. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
(a) Man relies on learning in order to adapt to nature.
(b) Man is disconnected from his fellow man.
(c) Man is disconnected from nature.
(d) Man needs others to guide him.
5. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) Man's desire for power.
(b) Society's need for submission.
(c) Increased social freedom.
(d) The isolation of man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
2. Why did the first group of Germans who supported Hitler submit to the power of the Nazis?
3. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
4. What is individuation?
5. How has the role of the "boss" changed in the modern world?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)