|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) Man's desire for power.
(b) The isolation of man.
(c) Increased social freedom.
(d) Society's need for submission.
2. What is the name of Franz Kafka's work that Fromm references in his book?
(b) The Trial.
3. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
(c) Trade unions.
(d) High taxes.
4. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
(a) Power and dominance.
(b) Dominance and submission.
(c) Submission and power.
(d) Wealth and knowledge.
5. Prior to World War I, who was the lower, middle class obedient to?
(a) They were not obedient to anyone yet.
(b) German chancellor.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) German monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
2. What is one false theory about why the Nazis came to power?
3. How did Hitler feel about Germany?
4. What is man's "biological weakness"?
5. Why did the first group of Germans who supported Hitler submit to the power of the Nazis?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)