|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world event left Germany in financial ruin and ultimately fostered support for Hitler among the lower, middle class Germans?
(a) Germany's civil war.
(b) World War I.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) World War II.
2. What German social class supported Hitler but did not adopt his ideologies?
(a) Upper class and liberal.
(b) Upper class and conservative.
(c) Working class and liberal.
(d) Middle class and moderate.
3. What is "Mein Kampf"?
(a) A German history book.
(b) A book about pre-Hitler Germany.
(c) A book about the Holocaust.
(d) Hitler's autobiography.
4. In addition to a love for Germany, what other authoritarian characteristic did Hitler possess?
(a) Feelings of powerlessness.
(b) Hatred for other groups.
(c) Desire to submit.
(d) Belief in religious freedom.
5. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
(d) Empathy for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
2. What is individuation?
3. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
4. What independent business does Fromm reference as a model for the new middle class?
5. What forces does an individual need freedom from in order to be a free individual?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)