|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fromm's theory about Hitler and the success of the Nazi party?
(a) Hitler was well-regarded in world politics.
(b) The German people adored Hitler.
(c) Hitler wanted to unify people.
(d) The explanation is as psychological as Hitler was neurotic.
2. How does Fromm categorize the first group of Germans who supported the Nazis?
(a) Those who submitted to the Nazis but did not accept their ideas.
(b) Germans who joined the Nazis.
(c) Those who both submitted to the Nazis and adopted their ideas.
(d) Those who did not submit to the Nazis.
3. Why did the Nazi regime appear to be stable?
(a) Hitler was no longer in power.
(b) The citizens were in revolt.
(c) The population seemed to have its needs met.
(d) The population had trouble being submissive.
4. What violent acts between countries added to feelings of powerlessness and anxiety during the nineteenth century?
(c) Economic downturn.
5. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) Biblical times.
(d) The centuries between the Reformation and present day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
2. Why is man unable to to realize his individuality when discovering his freedom?
3. How does Fromm define selfishness?
4. What type of character was familiar to the lower, middle class?
5. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)