|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
2. Who described the fearful individual as tormented by self-doubt?
3. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
(a) Man is disconnected from nature.
(b) Man needs others to guide him.
(c) Man is disconnected from his fellow man.
(d) Man relies on learning in order to adapt to nature.
4. How did capitalism change the role of individuals?
(a) It turned them into consumers.
(b) It took away their freedoms.
(c) It gave them more freedom.
(d) It turned them against making money.
5. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
(a) There is no change in this relationship.
(b) The child becomes more separated from society.
(c) The child becomes more included in a group.
(d) Society shuns the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fromm call the political freedoms associated with capitalism?
2. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
3. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
4. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
5. Which writer summarized Fromm's thoughts on isolation and powerlessness?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)