|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) Primary ties cannot be cut.
(b) They become secondary ties.
(c) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
(d) They cannot be mended.
2. What is individuation?
(a) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
(b) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
(c) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
(d) The growing process of the individual.
3. How does Fromm define selfishness?
(a) Ignoring others.
(b) Being aware of one's self.
(c) Enjoying capitalism.
(d) Acting in one's self-interest.
4. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
(a) Man separated himself from woman.
(b) Man fought against nature.
(c) Man took a risk.
(d) Man took a step toward becoming an individual.
5. How did Hitler feel about Germany?
(a) He did not want to see Germany succeed.
(b) He felt indifferently.
(c) He loved Germany.
(d) He disliked Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the second group of Germans who both supported the Nazis and adopt their ideas submit to Hitler?
2. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
3. How has the role of the "boss" changed in the modern world?
4. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
5. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)