|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool developed out of the new capitalistic system that helped promote business?
2. Prior to World War I, who was the lower, middle class obedient to?
(a) They were not obedient to anyone yet.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) German chancellor.
(d) German monarchy.
3. What is individuation?
(a) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
(b) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
(c) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
(d) The growing process of the individual.
4. How does Fromm categorize the first group of Germans who supported the Nazis?
(a) Those who both submitted to the Nazis and adopted their ideas.
(b) Germans who joined the Nazis.
(c) Those who submitted to the Nazis but did not accept their ideas.
(d) Those who did not submit to the Nazis.
5. What type of character was familiar to the lower, middle class?
Short Answer Questions
1. What independent business does Fromm reference as a model for the new middle class?
2. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
3. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
4. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
5. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)