|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to World War I, who was the lower, middle class obedient to?
(a) President of the United States.
(b) They were not obedient to anyone yet.
(c) German monarchy.
(d) German chancellor.
2. Which writer summarized Fromm's thoughts on isolation and powerlessness?
(d) Julian Green.
3. How did capitalism change the role of individuals?
(a) It took away their freedoms.
(b) It turned them against making money.
(c) It gave them more freedom.
(d) It turned them into consumers.
4. What forces does an individual need freedom from in order to be a free individual?
(a) Freedom from thinking and self.
(b) Freedom from self and family.
(c) Freedom from authority and outside constraints.
(d) Freedom from family and friends.
5. What German social class both submitted to Hitler and fully adopted his Nazi ideology?
(b) Upper class.
(c) Lower, middle class.
(d) Upper, middle class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
2. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
3. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
4. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
5. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)