|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
(a) Man is more isolated but less independent.
(b) Man has no increased isolation or independence.
(c) Man is equally isolated and independent.
(d) Man is more independent but also more isolated.
2. What happened to Germany's economic stability following World War I?
(a) Germany's economy was weakened.
(b) Germany's economy was strengthened.
(c) Germany's economy remained unchanged.
(d) Germany's economy was the strongest in its history.
3. What tool developed out of the new capitalistic system that helped promote business?
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(c) United States.
5. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) The isolation of man.
(b) Man's desire for power.
(c) Society's need for submission.
(d) Increased social freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
2. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
3. When he first came to power, which social class did Hitler favor?
4. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
5. What forces does an individual need freedom from in order to be a free individual?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)