|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool developed out of the new capitalistic system that helped promote business?
2. How does Fromm define selfishness?
(a) Ignoring others.
(b) Being aware of one's self.
(c) Enjoying capitalism.
(d) Acting in one's self-interest.
3. What example does Fromm use to point out a contradiction of freedom?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Freedom of mobility.
(c) Freedom from social order.
(d) Freedom of capitalism.
4. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
(d) Empathy for others.
5. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) Increased social freedom.
(b) Society's need for submission.
(c) The isolation of man.
(d) Man's desire for power.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fromm, what religious thinking helps society prepare for capitalism?
2. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
3. What group was responsible for improving the economic position of the worker?
4. What violent acts between countries added to feelings of powerlessness and anxiety during the nineteenth century?
5. How did Hitler feel about Germany?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)