|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychology of Nazism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm cite as the psychological reason for Hitler and his followers' desire for sadomasochism?
(a) The isolation of man.
(b) Society's need for submission.
(c) Increased social freedom.
(d) Man's desire for power.
2. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
(b) The lack of love for one's self.
3. What forces does an individual need freedom from in order to be a free individual?
(a) Freedom from self and family.
(b) Freedom from authority and outside constraints.
(c) Freedom from thinking and self.
(d) Freedom from family and friends.
4. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
5. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
(a) Man took a step toward becoming an individual.
(b) Man fought against nature.
(c) Man took a risk.
(d) Man separated himself from woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who described the fearful individual as tormented by self-doubt?
2. What dual desires did Nazi ideology appeal to?
3. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
4. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
5. What tool developed out of the new capitalistic system that helped promote business?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)