|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most useful and most used word in comics?
2. What can artists be tempted to do to detract from the storyline?
(a) Dazzle the eye.
(b) Hone the craft.
(c) Sharpen the mind.
(d) Seize the day.
3. What do purely instructional comics often use to show relevance?
4. What depends on choosing worthwhile themes and innovating the exposition?
(a) The future of the graphic novel.
(b) The future of the written word.
(c) The past of periodical comics.
(d) The past of the graphic novel.
5. What must be broken down into segments when using a full-page frame?
(a) Scenes and pages.
(c) Plot and action.
(d) Meter and rhythm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be used when facial expressions are critical?
2. What things are not described but added when words are coupled with images?
3. How do balloons function for sound in comics?
4. Why must the sequential artist and the reader share any experience?
5. Images without words require what in the reader or viewer?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)