|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novelty can suggest dimension and involve the reader/viewer better than a regular container?
(a) Using rulers to structure lines clearly.
(b) Using 3D imagery.
(c) Using doorways or windows to frame a panel.
(d) Using accompanying CDs to explain the pages.
2. How do balloons function for speech in comics?
(a) They relate content.
(b) They focus on the visuals.
(c) They frame the speech.
(d) They enhance the speech.
3. What kind of vision is related to freezing a moment in an uninterrupted flow of action?
4. How big is the simplified script when determining an agreement between artist and writer?
(a) Half a page.
(b) Sixty inches.
(c) Twenty pages.
(d) Two pages.
5. What dominates the reader's initial response?
(b) Hardbound novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to move a reader or viewer through time?
2. What is the face sometimes treated as?
3. What long Spirit story does Eisner analyze in Chapter 3?
4. What do different renderings require from the viewer?
5. How do comics form a language?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)