|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other word can describe the use of letters in comics?
2. In the third example in a "Contract with God," the heavy lettering is above what creature?
(c) Horse of the Apocalypse.
3. What is used to move a reader or viewer through time?
4. What can be used when facial expressions are critical?
(a) Narrow channels.
(b) Heavy lines.
(c) Panoramic views.
5. What specific content does Chapter 4 discuss?
(a) Broad ideas.
(b) Significant authors.
(c) Didactic dictation.
(d) Technical specifics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of inner emotions can contortions of the face reveal?
2. If a reader knows instinctively how gravity works, what will happen when they read panels that don't function like sentences?
3. What must be followed completely by the artist and writer?
4. What does much of the emotion and "intuitiveness" depend on from the artist?
5. What is the absolute ratio of words to picture in comics?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)