|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what vocabulary are body and gestures and postures stored?
(a) Auditory vocabulary.
(b) Morphological vocabulary.
(c) Non-verbal vocabulary.
(d) Syntactic vocabulary.
2. How do you describe the kind of activity that bridges gaps in the action of the comic?
3. When does a pause inevitably occur while reading?
(a) When the reader/viewer reads the second to last panel.
(b) While the reader/viewer moves from panel to panel.
(c) When the reader/viewer sees the first panel.
(d) When the reader/viewer turns the page.
4. In the third example in a "Contract with God," the heavy lettering is above what creature?
(b) Horse of the Apocalypse.
5. What Spirit story written in 1947 mentions Yogi?
(a) Junior Yogi, Part 2.
(b) George and the Yogi.
(c) Hoagy the Yogi, Part 1.
(d) Hoagy the Yogi, Part 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does calligraphy relate to sound?
2. The earliest use of balloons was in what culture?
3. What forces the reader to supply dialogue in an image sequence?
4. In the Spirit story "Two Lives," which character is incarcerated?
5. Imagery examines and illustrates the juxtaposition of what two things?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)