|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did comics begin?
(a) In printmaking.
(b) In MS Paint.
(c) As one-page illustrations.
(d) As short features.
2. What can be used when facial expressions are critical?
(a) Heavy lines.
(b) Narrow channels.
(c) Panoramic views.
3. What type of art does "Comics as a Form of Reading" describe?
(a) Phoenician watercolors.
(b) The modern form of sequential art.
(c) Linear art.
(d) The ancient drawings at Lasceux.
4. What are these artists trying to arrange?
(a) Power and wealth.
(b) Simple questions.
(c) Neural synapses.
(d) Complex thoughts, sounds, actions, and ideas.
5. In "Contract with God," how is the text lettered?
(a) Partly in Yiddish.
(b) Partly in astrological charts.
(c) Partly in Hebraic style.
(d) Partly in Celtic runes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can happen after letters in comics are devised from familiar objects?
2. For what purpose did the artists start to use expressions, postures, and backdrops?
3. Images without words require what in the reader or viewer?
4. What other word can describe the use of letters in comics?
5. How does calligraphy relate to sound?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)