|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mrs. Zajac's most difficult student after Clarence?
2. What was the favorite book Mrs. Zajac was reading to her students after recess daily?
3. Whose hand shot up for almost every question Mrs. Zajac asked the class?
4. What was the Highland Dingle?
5. What was the "cafetorium?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Zajac's favorite saying, or mantra, to her students? What does she want her students to understand about learning?
2. Why did Mrs. Zajac allow her students to choose their own desks on the first day of school? What message did she want to send to her students? What did she learn about the children by allowing them their choice of seats?
3. What was the name of Mrs. Zajac's school and where was it located? What did we know about the school? What was the make-up of the student body in her classroom?
4. How did Clarence's behavior change in the first three days of school? What was Mrs. Zajac's reaction? What were Clarence's consequences for his behavior? What does Mrs. Zajac finally decide to do?
5. What were Mrs. Zajac's concerns about Pedro? What was his behavior like in class? What plan did she come up with learn more about Pedro?
6. How was Robert's behavior in class? What were Mrs. Zajac's concerns about both his work and his behavior? What new behaviors had Mrs. Zajac noticed?
7. What were some of the tips Mrs. Zajac gives Pam Hunt before her three days teaching in the classroom alone?
8. What are "cume" folders? Why do teachers have them? What goes into them? How does Mrs. Zajac use the cumes and why?
9. What is the concept of "dual captivity"?
10. What subject did Mrs. Zajac's students have on Wednesday afternoons? How was the behavior in the classroom different from other times as the students prepared their Halloween project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The writer uses many different literary devices to create a dynamic picture of Mrs. Zajac. What different literary devices does the author use to create a three dimensional person of Mrs. Zajac? Give an example of each device you discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Who were some of the leading people in the history of the philosophy of education? What did each of them believe public education should be in America? Have any of their visions come true? Discuss.
Essay Topic 3
Miss Hunt was the student teacher for sixteen weeks in the beginning of the school year. What suggestions did Mrs. Zajac give Miss Hunt as she prepared to go out into the world and teach? Why was each suggestion an important one?
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)