|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Pam was teaching the class, who was disruptive and threatened to punch her?
2. What did the principal of Kelly School identify as one of his better skills?
3. What did Mrs. Zajac put on her classroom door before the children arrived?
4. What did Dick say to a classmate one day about Mrs. Zajac?
5. Who gave Miss Hunt the longest and most elaborate farewell card?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Robert's behavior in class? What were Mrs. Zajac's concerns about both his work and his behavior? What new behaviors had Mrs. Zajac noticed?
2. How did the fifth grade class celebrate the Christmas break? What did Mrs. Zajac give each child as a Christmas gift?
3. What kind of parent participation did Mrs. Zajac receive from her students' families? How did she respond to this situation?
4. What are some of the frustrations teachers teaching today face?
5. Why were Fridays good days in Mrs. Zajac's fifth grade class? How did they compare to Mondays?
6. What was the name of Mrs. Zajac's school and where was it located? What did we know about the school? What was the make-up of the student body in her classroom?
7. What subject did Mrs. Zajac's students have on Wednesday afternoons? How was the behavior in the classroom different from other times as the students prepared their Halloween project?
8. How did Mrs. Zajac begin her school day? What did she teach in the mornings? Why was this a challenge?
9. Why did Clarence immediately catch Mrs. Zajac's eye? What were some of his behaviors in the classroom? What did she and her student teacher Miss Hunt notice about Clarence?
10. What happened in the 1970's to the town of Holyoke? How did this affect the town and its economy? What plans did the state and local governments come up with to renew Holyoke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the Science Fair, Mrs. Zajac decided to speak to Al about rethinking the fair because it may not be appropriate for Kelly School. Later, when she saw the disappointment and frustration of the students who did not receive an award, she told herself to remember to give all students awards next time. Why did she think a science fair might not be appropriate for the school? Explain how Mrs. Zajac could feel both things simultaneously. What does this say about her as a teacher?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Mrs. Zajac and her student teacher Miss Hunt. Are there traits they share in common? What are some of the ways the two women contrast each other.
Essay Topic 3
Choose three of the children in Mrs. Zajac's fifth grade. How are the children similar? How are they different? Include social skills, cultural differences, levels of intelligence, family backgrounds.
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)