|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Zajac's class smell like in the spring?
(a) Flowers from the class garden.
(b) The sour smell of sneakers.
(c) Cedar wood chips.
(d) Construction paper.
2. What was the topic for Claude's Science Fair project?
(a) A laser beam.
(b) A water wheel.
(c) The formation of rivers and streams.
(d) Formation of the oceans.
3. To what did Mrs. Zajac compare her Irish ancestors' immigration?
(a) To the Puerto Rican immigration.
(b) To the gold rush in California.
(c) To German immigration.
(d) To the Jews entering Israel.
4. On what did Claude build his model river?
(a) A piece or cardboard covered in foil.
(b) A wooden crate.
(c) A metal serving tray.
(d) A piece of plywood.
5. Who was missing from Clarence's core evaluation meeting?
(a) The psychologist.
(b) The principal.
(c) Mrs. Zajac.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what fictional character did Mrs. Zajac compare herself to as she led her students in the halls?
2. While Robert was in time-out isolation, and Mrs. Zajac accidentally left him with a penny, what did he do with it?
3. What was the name of the standardized tests given to sixth graders at Kelly School?
4. When did the first five Puerto Rican families arrive in Holyoke?
5. Which two girls in Mrs. Zajac's class stayed close together during the field trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mrs. Zajac dream about the night before her first day in class without Clarence? How does she feel as the week begins and Clarence is not there?
2. Where did Mrs. Zajac take her class on a field trip? Why did she choose this place for the children to see? Why was this trip especially important to Judith and Arabella?
3. How did Mrs. Zajac think the students in her class would react to Clarence's departure from their class? How did they actually respond to Clarence not being in the classroom?
4. What were some of the other students' projects entered in the science fair? How did Mrs. Zajac feel about the parents who did not help their children with their Science Fair projects?
5. What was the Alpha class? Who decided whether a child was appropriate for the Alpha class?
6. Who among Mrs. Zajac's students was particularly excited about entering the science fair? What was the project? How did Mrs. Zajac feel about this student's participation in the science fair?
7. Who was the new child sent to Mrs. Zajac's class when school resumed after winter break? How did she get to Holyoke and Mrs. Zajac's class?
8. As the class approached spring break, how did Mrs. Zajac feel about her class? About herself? What were her parting words to Jimmy as the children leave for a week's break?
9. To what church did Mrs. Zajac belong for all of her life? Why was this? What did Mrs. Zajac enjoy about her church?
10. What kinds of behavior did Robert exhibit that concerned Mrs. Zajac? What did she want Robert's mother to do? Did Robert's mother follow through with this suggestion?
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)