|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Irish immigrants bring to America with them as keepsakes of their home?
(a) Pieces of Irish sod.
(b) Quilts from friends.
(c) Pieces of tatted lace.
(d) Wool from sheep.
2. What is the name of the alternative junior high school in Holyoke?
(b) Church Square.
(c) Lincoln Square.
3. What question did Mrs. Zajac begin asking herself in March?
(a) "Where are we going for summer vacation?"
(b) "What happened to Miss Hunt?"
(c) "Am I burned out?"
(d) "Is this year ever going to be over?"
4. What did Mrs. Zajac decide to work on with Claude for the rest of the year?
(a) His need to run around the classroom screaming?
(b) His attitude toward his classmates.
(c) His organizational skills.
(d) His use of proper English.
5. What was the best part of the trip to Puerto Rico for Mrs. Zajac?
(a) The visit to Cracoa.
(b) The visit to Comerio.
(c) The visit to San Juan.
(d) The visit to Montezuma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student held Mrs. Zajac's hand and stayed near her during the field trip?
2. What did Clarence ask Mrs. Zajac if he could do after they laughed together over the "Nobody" joke?
3. What was the person who arranged the trip to Puerto Rico over spring break?
4. What are the two adjectives Mrs. Zajac used to describe her childhood?
5. Where did Felipe live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the other students' projects entered in the science fair? How did Mrs. Zajac feel about the parents who did not help their children with their Science Fair projects?
2. How did Mrs. Zajac differ outside of her class from inside her classroom?
3. What did Mrs. Zajac dream about the night before her first day in class without Clarence? How does she feel as the week begins and Clarence is not there?
4. What did Mrs. Zajac begin to realize about continuing to keep Clarence in her class? What were her options?
5. How did Kelly Schools fare on the standardized tees the sixth grade took? How did Principal Laudato respond to this news? How did Mrs. Zajac respond?
6. What did Mrs. Zajac experience during her trip to Puerto Rico that surprised and delighted her? Why was this an important experience on the trip?
7. Where did Mrs. Zajac take her class on a field trip? Why did she choose this place for the children to see? Why was this trip especially important to Judith and Arabella?
8. How did some of the teachers at Kelly School speak about the Puerto Rican students at Kelly School? Why did they respond this way to them?
9. As the class approached spring break, how did Mrs. Zajac feel about her class? About herself? What were her parting words to Jimmy as the children leave for a week's break?
10. What student left Mrs. Zajac's class? Why did the student leave?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)