|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About half of Mrs. Zajac's class was what nationality?
(d) Puerto Rican.
2. Whose hand shot up for almost every question Mrs. Zajac asked the class?
3. What was Mrs. Zajac's husband's name?
4. What were the other subjects students had in the afternoons in Mrs. Zajac's class?
(a) English and history.
(b) Math and social studies.
(c) Creative writing and science.
(d) Social studies and math.
5. What were the "middle person desks" in Mrs. Zajac's classroom?
(a) Desks in the hall for misbehavers.
(b) Desks behind the teacher's desk.
(c) Desks in the middle of the back row of the configuration.
(d) Desks in the middle of the U-shaped desk configuration.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Pam was teaching the class, who was disruptive and threatened to punch her?
2. What prevented Mrs. Zajac from teaching lessons for as long as she wanted?
3. When Clarence was particularly nasty to Pam, what did Judith say to him?
4. About how many "personal interactions" does a teacher need to manage successfully in order for students to feel secure?
5. What did Mrs. Zajac want to come back as in her next life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the students respond to Miss Hunt's leaving the class once her student teaching time was over? How did Mrs. Zajac respond? Which students surprised Mrs. Zajac when they were sad to see Miss Hunt go?
2. What are some of the frustrations teachers teaching today face?
3. What are "cume" folders? Why do teachers have them? What goes into them? How does Mrs. Zajac use the cumes and why?
4. What kind of parent participation did Mrs. Zajac receive from her students' families? How did she respond to this situation?
5. How did Mrs. Zajac begin her school day? What did she teach in the mornings? Why was this a challenge?
6. In the first chapter, what does the reader learn about Mrs. Zajac? How old is she? How long has she been a teacher? Does she have a family?
7. What is the concept of "dual captivity"?
8. What was Mrs. Zajac's favorite saying, or mantra, to her students? What does she want her students to understand about learning?
9. Who was Alphonse Laudato? What kind of job did he have at Kelly School? Did Mrs. Zajac like him? Why or why not?
10. How did the fifth grade class celebrate the Christmas break? What did Mrs. Zajac give each child as a Christmas gift?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)