|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on their field trip, what detour did Mrs. Zajac take as a treat?
(a) To the bakery for hot rolls.
(b) To the bakehouse for cookies.
(c) To the candy store for chocolate coins.
(d) To the candy factory for rock candy.
2. Which two girls in Mrs. Zajac's class stayed close together during the field trip?
(a) Judith and Ashley.
(b) Jennifer and Judith.
(c) Judith and Arabella.
(d) Ashley and Andrea.
3. Where did Felipe live?
(a) In the renovated northern section of the Flats.
(b) In the neighborhood behind the interstate.
(c) In the factory area behind the Flats.
(d) In the apartment building across from the school.
4. What was the one topic not permitted at the Kelly School Science Fair?
(a) Water power.
5. What was the topic for Claude's Science Fair project?
(a) A water wheel.
(b) The formation of rivers and streams.
(c) A laser beam.
(d) Formation of the oceans.
6. What was the person who arranged the trip to Puerto Rico over spring break?
(a) Mrs. Zajac.
(b) A teacher at Kelly School.
(c) Felipe's father.
(d) Alphonse Laudato.
7. What did Irish immigrants bring to America with them as keepsakes of their home?
(a) Pieces of tatted lace.
(b) Pieces of Irish sod.
(c) Quilts from friends.
(d) Wool from sheep.
8. Who was Jim Padden?
(a) Mrs. Zajac's uncle.
(b) The Alpha teacher.
(c) The sixth grade teacher.
(d) Mrs.Zajac's father.
9. What is the name of the alternative junior high school in Holyoke?
(c) Lincoln Square.
(d) Church Square.
10. Where was Felipe's clubhouse?
(a) Behind the church along the river.
(b) Behind his house in the back yard.
(c) Behind the karate parlor alongside a canal.
(d) Behind the school in an alleyway.
11. What did Al say at the end of his talk to his teachers about the standardized tests results?
(a) "We do the best with what we have, but we can do much better."
(b) "We do the best we can do, and that's that."
(c) "We all try here. I know that."
(d) "We're doing a good job. We really are."
12. Whom did Mrs. Zajac ask to clean out Clarence's desk?
13. What did Mrs. Zajac think about the Science Fair while resting in the center of the gym?
(a) This was the worst fair she could remember.
(b) This was the best fair she could remember.
(c) This was much too difficult for the children to understand.
(d) The school needed a full time science teacher.
14. Who were the "three Claudes" Mrs. Zajac identified as being part of Claude's personality?
(a) The absent-minded, the sad and lonely, and the maddening Claudes.
(b) The absent-minded, the arrogant, and the sassy Claudes.
(c) The overweight, the problematic, and the ignorant Claudes.
(d) The foolish, the ignorant, and the meddling Claudes.
15. Who was the chief disciplinarian and organizer in Mrs. Zajac's family?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her nanny.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one thing Father Joyce noticed about the Hispanic parishioners during the Spanish mass?
2. Where did Mrs. Zajac take her class on a field trip?
3. What did Mrs. Zajac dread telling Clarence before spring break?
4. What did Mrs. Zajac's class smell like in the spring?
5. When she returned from February vacation, what does Mrs. Zajac think about Clarence?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)